Can't decide: Jarhead or Phantom?

Which should I get?

• Jarhead

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • Phantom

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters
Son, I've been playing since 2008. I've probably forgotten more about this game than you will ever know. I've also written posts outlining the loot system that are probably more accurate than anything you would ever know about this game. In fact, given your first post, you probably don't realize mod merc/fap aren't the most efficient ways to play this game. That you would even resort to referring to wikipedia only supports my claim.

Yeah, I've been playing since 2002 and have written many guides and information articles for people to use to profit.

{removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I swear, it's 50/50 either way. The mobs I checked: aurli, atrox, atrax, levi, krelt, miner bots, etc.

On a pure impact mob, I get more protection from phantom but more decay (favoring jarhead.)

The differences are super small too, like less than 1 damage (with 5b's on the tests I conducted.)

Sounds like you should be picking the option with less MU.

Sounds like you should be picking the option with less MU.

Yep, with phantom at 3k MU and jarhead with roughly less than 1k MU (I haven't seen gloves yet) it's tough not to go that way...even if I'm wrong, if I can get a tier 2 set of jarhead I should be able to make back the cost and then try phantom.

I also know this is a bannable offense, which, of anyone who has been here for a year or more would know. However, I'm not reporting you, because I'm assuming you are probably as drunk as I am atm. :D

It's not. It's moddable (no personal attack, just "profane" language").

Don't go back on your claims tho "son". Care to tell me what you've apparently "forgotten" which I don't know about PE? I'd love to know some new stuff. Maybe it happened in that time when I wasn't fucking paying attention to your shit.

Wise move. For both of you. (again, :yup:)

Kind of as an aside, how much does the reputation of the poster affect the punishment? I don't think I've ever been banned from the site, would that lend me credence in poster wars like this that I shouldn't be the one banned?

edit: Aio, you and me are done...if you want to continue this conversation, pm me.

Wise move. For both of you. (again, :yup:)

Hey, what can I say, if people don't appreciate my advice they can go (wait, I've grown up, wait, watch this!) "love" themselves! (CWIDT!)

:) each to their own.

Hey, what can I say, if people don't appreciate my advice they can go (wait, I've grown up, wait, watch this!) "love" themselves! (CWIDT!)

:) each to their own.

[with sarcasm]: prove it.

[without sarcasm] Let it go.

Look, a mod already told us to let it go.

If you are as drunk as I think you are...let. it. go.

[with sarcasm]: prove it.

[without sarcasm] Let it go.

Look, a mod already told us to let it go.

If you are as drunk as I think you are...let. it. go.

Without sarcasm: Already have.

Without sarcasm: It's your thread. I'm just commenting on the fact that "upgrading" to phantom is a false economy - the new mobs which you can "efficiently hunt" will cost you far more through decay than sticking to mobs which you can already hunt with grem.

But whatev's! You've already forgotten more than I ever knew about PE. Which is why you created this thread to compare two shit armours. Yeh Budy.

Without sarcasm: Already have.

Seriously: recomneding mod merc and mod fap isn't adding to the conversation.

As I stated in my responses: suggesting something that is 10-20X more expensive by MU isn't a valid reponse, e.g. mod merc or mod fap.

Without sarcasm:

So. If you offer mod fap/merc as a valid respose, you would consider it? I would disagree. The MU is so out-of-line that your answer could not possibly be accepted.

Seriously: recomneding mod merc and mod fap isn't adding to the conversation.

As I stated in my responses: suggesting something that is 10-20X more expensive by MU isn't a valid reponse, e.g. mod merc or mod fap.

metaphor.

metaphor.

metaphor.

Wait, heard of this strange new word.. dunno if you've heard of it. It's "metaphor"?! Strange, huh!

Again: give a reasonable response: (in terms of what the OP is asking) or just not respond at all.

metaphor.

metaphor.

metaphor.

Wait, heard of this strange new word.. dunno if you've heard of it. It's "metaphor"?! Strange, huh!

I've got a BA in Einglish lit. And you?..

Last edited:
Given how drunk you are, just let it go.

Someday, you will get me, but not today.

And.."you're welcome."

Dear Aio: don't keep fighting it... Just let it go.

As I said above: I know what you are fighting with...don't fight it.

I've got a BA in Einglish lit. And you?..

BSc Chemistry, MSc Environmental Science fanx!

Neither.

The list goes.... Skills >= Gun >> Fap >>>>>> Armour

There are plenty of mobs you can hunt with a mod merc and mod fap, there's no mobs you can hunt with an opalo and shadow.

Concentrate on your hunting skills - HP, hit/dmg before you concentrate on armour. If you have grem, buy 5Bs, and be happy with hunting 95% of the mobs ingame. Can't hunt troxie stalkers with grem? You need more HP and evade.

Is my "real" response.

Get more evade +hp rather than some shitty un-eco armour such as phantom/jarhead. I'm sure you're new to this, you'll learn - you may even make the mistake of buying such armour, but eventually, you'll learn.

Also, why do you keep going on about being "drunk"... you do know some people can be confrontational without the need for some magical juice? Getting what you want is what gets you on in life, love :)

Neither.

There are plenty of mobs you can hunt with a mod merc and mod fap, there's no mobs you can hunt with an opalo and shadow.

Concentrate on your hunting skills - HP, hit/dmg before you concentrate on armour. If you have grem, buy 5Bs, and be happy with hunting 95% of the mobs ingame. Can't hunt troxie stalkers with grem? You need more HP and evade.

Is my "real" response.

Get more evade +hp rather than some shitty un-eco armour such as phantom/jarhead. I'm sure you're new to this, you'll learn - you may even make the mistake of buying such armour, but eventually, you'll learn.

Also, why do you keep going on about being "drunk"... you do know some people can be confrontational without the need for some magical juice? Getting what you want is what gets you on in life, love :)

Seriously: let it go. Personal issues you can address to me directly.

Neither.

Because it's obvious to everybody you are high on something.

That you can't separate personal and global issues is just another indicator that you are high on something.

Imho:

You have two users who are a$$holes.

One a$$hole is trying to dominate the other.

In the resulting conflict, the two are relatively balanced.

Imho: If one a$$hole had a bunch of previous bannings vs a$$2, then ahole1>ahole2.

Otherwise: take a1's and a2's arguments in consideration.

I'm not saying just because I'm a2 i should get a bigger share of the pie: what I'm saying is that reputation on the forums should account for something.

Ok guys, behave :D

Anyway I think Jarhead if your on a short term budget, however Phantom is better if you got the PED to spare longer term.

Though I would seriously look at (L)imited armor options too that are always available (eg. SFE) ;)

Cheers,
Viper

Some more ppl need to pick the Jar "Pickle" Head!

Neither.

you can hunt punys with opalo :rolleyes:

Back