Help: Can't set 4k resolution in game

Crinlorite

Young
Society
Wisdom Sons
Crinlorite Inferno Vizharan
Good morning, I can't set 4k resolution in game, when I try, it just goes back to 1080p, is this normal or I'm doing something wrong?

Regards,
Crinlorite.

Might be silly, but double check your 4k monitor is plugged into your gpu not your motherboard directly. Then also check that your monitor itsself is set to being 4k

Try this:

Create a backup copy of your settings-ce.cfg
Write-protect your backup (be fool proof for your own safety)

1) Open settings-ce.cfg
2) Find the following lines [my settings (4K resolution), insert your resolution values]:

r_Height = 2160
r_HeightWin = 2132

r_Width = 3840
r_WidthWin = 3834

r_Fullscreen = 1
r_WindowedFullscreen = 1

3) Save the file with your new values before closing the settings-ce.cfg file!
4) Now write-protect your settings-ce.cfg file
5) Launch Client Loader and log in
6) Ingame in this order go to
Options > Graphics Advanced > Advanced Resolution Mode [ yes ]
Apply
Options > Graphics > Fullscreen Resolution > Auto
Options > Graphics > Fullscreen > [ yes ]
Apply > OK

It is quite possible, that Step 6) has to be made once as your first step.
Sorry, i dont remember.

Oh, and get magnifying glasses, MindArk doesn't bother to resize ingame windows or fonts.

Last edited:
Oh, and get magnifying glasses, MindArk doesn't bother to resize ingame windows or fonts.
Thanks, I tried and you're right, even on 40 inches, 4K Entropia Universe is unplayable because the interface, however, 2K is enough for the interface to be readable and playable.

We can also change DPI scaling in windows control panel. This makes things larger, I have mine set at 185% and works good in Entropia

could be the same issue where entropia nativøy doesnt support it, i had a uwd 34» for a short bit and had the same issue where eu wouldnt work andnit just stretched a normal 16:10 to 16:9 making it look all weird.

im on my phone, so cant find and link it. but there was a fix requiring to manually set some settings in the config files and make sure they are ready only.

have you tried manually forcing windowed fullscreen at 4096X2048 and setting the config file to read only?

note: you cannot change settings quickly anymore ingame so make sure what you want of other graphical settings etc are also set at the same time

this is my link, which i posted above.

Back