Capital Crafting Contest II

Without that, I suspect you'll find that the same person wins both prizes 9 times out of 10.

Is that a bad thing?

I could have simply made 1 prize, either most crafted or highest global, but I chose both.

That opens the field and at least allows for 2 winners. Folks can adjust their strategy to aim for the prize they feel best able to reach for. If only 1 wins, then gratz to them (or you, if that's the case)

However, sometimes 2 people will win, and that's fine too.

True, sometimes the bp I choose will not be a high globaler. That's part of the the risk.

In either case, I'm guessing the winner(s) won't complain about how the prizes are awarded.

One solution would be to give the global-price to the one with most residue. That doesn´t exclude the winner, but give other a higher chans. If you try to go for the global and don´t get one, you probably gotten a lot of res instead and still has a chans for that price if no one else global.. :)

One solution would be to give the global-price to the one with most residue. That doesn´t exclude the winner, but give other a higher chans. If you try to go for the global and don´t get one, you probably gotten a lot of res instead and still has a chans for that price if no one else global.. :)

You can cheat with ur own residue.... so not good solution...:rolleyes:

You can cheat with ur own residue.... so not good solution...:rolleyes:

Well, you can´t cheat as how he runs this contest.
You have to empty your avatar before and carry dung to the limit where you nearly can´t run. If an avatar is carrying residue it will show when he obviously can´t run.....
There are lots of security issues tested before the contest start which includes that test, scanning etc.....

Is that a bad thing?

I could have simply made 1 prize, either most crafted or highest global, but I chose both.

That opens the field and at least allows for 2 winners. Folks can adjust their strategy to aim for the prize they feel best able to reach for. If only 1 wins, then gratz to them (or you, if that's the case)

However, sometimes 2 people will win, and that's fine too.

True, sometimes the bp I choose will not be a high globaler. That's part of the the risk.

In either case, I'm guessing the winner(s) won't complain about how the prizes are awarded.

This is all true. Personally I feel that having a rule whereby one person can't win both prizes would make the event more attractive to me, as a participant. Others might feel the opposite though.

gratz to Kira!

+rep for John and MS9 for event/video ..

We've waited long enough. Time to schedule the next Crafting Contest.

Plenty of notice this time. See you all there.

Back