Category5.tv shows vehicles

One error Robbie made

He said Planet Calypso formerly known as Entropia Universe.

It is still Entropia Universe but has PLANETS now and Calypso is such a planet.

P.S Jot .. upgrade your graphics lol

One error Robbie made

He said Planet Calypso formerly known as Entropia Universe.

It is still Entropia Universe but has PLANETS now and Calypso is such a planet.

Wouldn't call that an Error, he is just ahead of time, if things work out like planed.

Once there are more planets, it makes sense for the partners to just advertise Planet Rocktropia, Planet Calypso and so on, instead of calling it
Entropia Universe: Planet <Name>

You don't want those newbies that saw your advertisement do too much research ahead of time and start on the for you wrong planet.

Last edited:
lol game as huuuge laaawl. huge in what sence is what i wonder.. huge in amount of bugs :p

P.S Jot .. upgrade your graphics lol

Robbie made this video, so it's his graphics :) He shot it in HD, but I think he couldn't increase graphics without it choking the video. I think afterwards he had to compress it or something to work with it, because we only went from Port Atlantis to Chugs Hideout, and that filled up both harddrives in the computer he used to record it.

That was great - category5.tv is awesome!

:yay:

A message from the producer of the video.

upgrade your graphics lol
Yeah sorry; I did indeed have to tone down my graphic settings quite a bit in order to get a fair framerate while recording live direct to the hard drive. For the sacrifice in quality, it was worth it because people who don't know any better won't likely notice missing textures or a lack of particles.. but they will notice lag.

One error Robbie made... He said Planet Calypso formerly known as Entropia Universe.
Again, done on purpose. You're seeing this as a player, so of course you notice things from the player perspective. Thing is, to the viewer of my show, they saw old reviews of VU9 as Entropia Universe, and now since VU10, we're promoting it as Planet Calypso. It is less confusing for the new player, and by saying "Formerly known as Entropia.." they're still able to make the connection that this is a new version of the old game.

Same goes also for the PEC explanation. Jot asked me why I didn't explain that 10 PED = 1 USD. For that one, I didn't want people to think "Oh, see--you have to pay" and be turned off from the game.

I do indeed think things through, you know :laugh:

Glad you all enjoyed the video all the same :) I tried to make it fun, a little humorous, and of as good of quality I could do within the limitations of the hardware I had available.

PS - thanks for posting this Wody!

That was awesome hehehehehe

Great Job Robbie!

You'll have to come check out Rocktropia sometime.

That actually worked well as an enticement to the game and not just the standard focus on cash...

MA should learn a few things from you Good work.

I like it!! Keep up the great work! :yay:

Nice job indeed :thumbup: ... enjoyed the video ... oh, and ... there are mobs your ass (or vehicle) can't outrun :laugh: ... and might not recommend getting oil from the rig, because your Sunday afternoon drive might end up being Tuesday morning. :D

Great vid but... That car needs paint and textures!!! :eek:

Back