Challenge to Community - Revival

The original reasons for not voting still remains. The promised increased communication with the player base didn't happen and I can't see any reason why I should do free PR for a game that clearly doesn't respect the costumers.

Furthermore: it seems a lot like the thread starter just stole the whole idea from Wizzszz who originally started the exact same thread - and temporarily closed it because the VU 9.0 implementations of "tax" aka fee.
I'm not impressed by people who steals other peoples ideas.

Sorry, no votes from me.

The original reasons for not voting still remains. The promised increased communication with the player base didn't happen and I can't see any reason why I should do free PR for a game that clearly doesn't respect the costumers.

Furthermore: it seems a lot like the thread starter just stole the whole idea from Wizzszz who originally started the exact same thread - and temporarily closed it because the VU 9.0 implementations of "tax" aka fee.
I'm not impressed by people who steals other peoples ideas.

Sorry, no votes from me.

Indeed! And why has it to be a thread where people farms +rep? If one likes a game, they help support it anyway, i just think threads like this is made to take advantage´of the rep system. Nah, no respect for threads like this one.

another round for the house .. I mean another round completed

and another round for the house : )

now for some reppin and my job is complete

Bones

Same feelings here. No vote from me.

To be honest, encouraging everybody who posts in a thread to rep each other is not what the system is designed for

From this thread on the proper us of rep https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/about-entropiaforum/51993-proper-usage-ef-reputation-system.html

When to give positive reputation

As mentioned above, members are encouraged to give one another feedback for thoughtful, constructive posts that help to inform the community and contribute to the thread topic. This helps create a more informative and positive atmosphere to the forum in general, and results in a more enjoyable and worthwhile experience when reading the forums.

When NOT to give positive reputation

The reputation system should not be abused. Friends should not dilute the purpose of the reputation system and regularly hand out +reps to their friends and society mates just because they like them. Positive reps should be given directly as feedback and thanks for meaningful contributions to the forum.

Feel free to vote for entropia on these websites, but is shouldn't become a 'rep farm' (as others have said)

Voted!

17% Entropia Universe
Last one saying that I already voted probably it loggs my IP.

I will not be a part of a scheme designed to spread undeserved reputation to Entropia Universe and MindArk on varius MMO websites.

I will do so once i feel MA and Entropia deserve it, and they dont at the current state of Entropia.

I am sooooo with ya

It seems to me that some disgruntled players of this game are trying once again to sway the Moderators of this forum , to once again close this type of thread , by getting people to argue and disolve its purpose.

This thread does in fact serve a greater purpose for this community.

The sites that are visited by the links provided have the ability to put Entropia in the media spotlight.

This attention could bring new money into the game which would benefit all who love this game.

Moderator , Please do not let this thread be locked by the few who wish to spout forum rules incorrectly , which themselves are probably breaking rules by running the thread sideways.

Bones

Last edited:
I click-me'd 3x (see the initial post!).

No further comment about posts of people who can't read and understand posts #1 and #15 in this thread.

It seems to me that some disgruntled players of this game are trying once again to sway the Moderators of this forum , to once again close this type of thread , by getting people to argue and disolve its purpose.

some disgruntled players of this game are trying once again to sway the Moderators of this forum
Moderator , Please do not let this thread be locked by the few who wish to spout forum rules incorrectly , which themselves are probably breaking rules by running the thread sideways.

Bones

I'm not sure what, or to whom, you refer to saying "some disgruntled players of this game are trying once again to sway the Moderators of this forum ", so i'll leave it be.

However when it comes to;

This thread does in fact serve a greater purpose for this community.

The sites that are visited by the links provided have the ability to put Entropia in the media spotlight.

This attention could bring new money into the game which would benefit all who love this game.

I just have to say; if MA would have been even remotly interested in promoting the game - they would have done it already.

But I find it almost rediculus to read that I should see the benefits in promoting a product that actually nerfs everything as it is, increaseses the hidden fee by tax implements, and lie about player feedback and communication with the playerbase.

And I'm supposed not only to like that, but I'm also supposed to willingly promote it - for free. Hey...c'mon mate! There's a limit to everything.
Respect is a two way thingy.

We are costumers, we are consumers - we are the solely biggest factor why this game works and generating money as it is.. We are the ones that pay for every VU and every investment MA makes.

Are we worth some respect?

Take that question home with you for the holiday to think about...

The fact that these threads have been closed in the past says something, doesn't it?

What threads on this forom are immune to comment and criticism?

Why can't I register my dissatisfaction with these types of threads IN the threads? I think they are a competitive rep-fest and have very little to do with how people view the game.

To be honest, every time one of these messages come to my attention in the homepage of recent threads (which is very often...and should be considered spam) I follow the links and vote for the 2nd place games...even though I don't play any of them.

I thought we suggested these types of rep-pyramids should go into a section that doesn't show-up as new posts in the homepage, like uber-hofs? Can we *please* re-visit this? As long as I see these types of threads, I will utilize my right as a member of EF to post comments on any thread here. If you think this is off topic, it's not, because I am questioning the actions here and the validity of these types of threads.

If you don't think it is a rep pyramid, then why do I get 3-4 +reps thanking me for voting when all I do in these threads is criticise them and never vote?

I'm sure I'll get a few this time. :)

Hugs!

My post is no more and no less of a plea for those leading this thread in any direction other than its intention.

I am basically asking the Moderators to consider not taking past actions such as locking this thread as was done to another with the same positive intent.

I am also asking that it be Moderated in a fashion that will keep it on its intended course.

Throughout this vast Forum there are a thousand threads at least that deal with gripes and issues with the execution of MA's gaming practices.

This thread has a positive function to gain support for this game that might possibly help all that continue on playing it.

Entropia Universe is not a mandatory game where all that play it must stay , we are all free to come and go.

I have no intentions here of alienating friends or starting a war , I just would to see this thread kept free flowing and hopefully the long term strategy that MA speaks of will come to fruition.

It will take a great number of new players to build this universe and hopefully we can do a great deal with this thread.

Peace : )

Bones

Hyped .. voted .. voted ..

now to rep those that have done the same

good work peeps

Bones

Hyped .. voted .. voted ..

Bones

this thread is nothing but encouraging to cheat those polls.

I am going to vote the lowest possible after this (regardless of my own personal stance towards EU) to balance some of the fake votes that have been voted in the past.

Quite frankly I have to say that it pisses me off that moderation is NOT locking this thread and banning the thread starter and I can only appeal to ppl reading this to vote what they actually think, NOT 10/10 on every poll as those polls are rendered useless with this pre-mature shit - thanks -

Angel

this thread is nothing but encouraging to cheat those polls.

This is not cheating on those polls. All games that i know of have been using these polls in this way for years. I do not clear cookies or any other such to cheat the vote, i simply vote as often as the poll sites will let me.
And i vote 10/10 because EU is the best game i know of atm :)

so please explain how this is cheating:scratch2:

Hyped .. voted .. last one will have to wait a few hours.

Bones

Back