Change Calypso Space Port In to Athena (read details)

Status
Anyway what I meant was that the PA mall has been the Calypso landing spot for 10 years and much of the value of PA mall is actually derived from that fact. The same is true of the 2 shopping booths at City of Dreams on RT. Changing the landing spot changes the value of the assets so I'm against it.
No it hasn’t. It use to be at the Docks.

Stated without basis or verification. Turning on PVP is a land area/estate function. It can be done if he wants.

MA stated in this very thread that they were going to look into it did they not?

I can go find that post if you need.

Anyway it has never happened to me that I have been attacked when landing on Calypso and I travel once or twice per week which is probably more than the average player. So that statement is based on my own experience. How would you recommend I go about 'verifying' this before making that statement? Does my own experience not count?

MA stated in this very thread that they were going to look into it did they not?

Anyway it has never happened to me that I have been attacked when landing on Calypso and I travel once or twice per week which is probably more than the average player. So that statement is based on my own experience. How would you recommend I go about 'verifying' this before making that statement? Does my own experience not count?
Best to ask MA that question.. as far as moving the caly landing zone to athena i think we all agree(except for ben & now legends) and have asked this for years that it be moved to athena. Make it so ma! =p

Best to ask MA that question.. as far as moving the caly landing zone to athena i think we all agree(except for ben & now legends) and have asked this for years that it be moved to athena. Make it so ma! =p

"I think we all agree.."? Who is all? This is a very broad, sweeping statement and in fact, it's incorrect.

I have read the entire thread just now to satisfy my own curiosity and it's not just me and Ben.

And the 'all' in your "I think we all agree" seems to boil down to just a few people really who keep coming back to this thread again and again to re-state their position that the landing spot should be changed to Athena (namely Geo, you and Starkiller). When you have the same 3 people coming back to the same thread repeating the same thing over and over again, it can make it seem like it's a lot of people, or all the people as you put it, but that's just the way it appears to be, that's not how it actually is.

Personally I don't really mind, it won't really affect me and my investments, for now. But I think it's a dangerous precedent to set for all investors. So I try to have a broader view of it and think in terms of what's best for the game, not just what's best for me.

Entropia is a game about making money. Investing and Speculating is a big part of it. When you invest in virtual Real Estate, things such as location, traffic and development potential all factor in. The fact that MindArk has the ability to change that isn't really fair because that wouldn't be likely to happen in the real world and it just could not have been foreseen in Entropia, so it couldn't have been 'priced in' when buying the mall. Just like I never 'priced in' the possibility that Neverdie Studios or MA might change the landing spot for RT when I bought the 2 booths there, because I never for one second imagined that that could happen.

Legends

"I think we all agree.."? Who is all? This is a very broad, sweeping statement and in fact, it's incorrect.

I have read the entire thread just now to satisfy my own curiosity and it's not just me and Ben.

And the 'all' in your "I think we all agree" seems to boil down to just a few people really who keep coming back to this thread again and again to re-state their position that the landing spot should be changed to Athena (namely Geo, you and Starkiller). When you have the same 3 people coming back to the same thread repeating the same thing over and over again, it can make it seem like it's a lot of people, or all the people as you put it, but that's just the way it appears to be, that's not how it actually is.

Personally I don't really mind, it won't really affect me and my investments, for now. But I think it's a dangerous precedent to set for all investors. So I try to have a broader view of it and think in terms of what's best for the game, not just what's best for me.

Entropia is a game about making money. Investing and Speculating is a big part of it. When you invest in virtual Real Estate, things such as location, traffic and development potential all factor in. The fact that MindArk has the ability to change that isn't really fair because that wouldn't be likely to happen in the real world and it just could not have been foreseen in Entropia, so it couldn't have been 'priced in' when buying the mall. Just like I never 'priced in' the possibility that Neverdie Studios or MA might change the landing spot for RT when I bought the 2 booths there, because I never for one second imagined that that could happen.

Legends
Change is also part of the risk.. I dont care how ritzy your hotel is you bought, if you start shooting people outside its gonna be dead fast end of story.. TBH i dont have the time to invest any further argument with you bro. But it should be moved for all of the reasons stated in this thread.

This game constantly evolves as Legends pointed out in his statement about trade moving to Twins etc. Hopefully it will continue to evolve.
But it would also be nice if it also had a nodding acquaintance with the game lore, and a spaceport should surely be what the name says.

As for PA Mall it seems the owner has been somewhat selective in who he shoots when he selects pvp, and mostly shoots people he has decided haven't agreed with him on something. So entirely possible you have not been shot, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened to others. It is ludicrous that people arriving at planet may be shot, as even though it is non-lootable pvp, they cant be expected to know that. Great way to make Calypso seem attractive to new arrivals. Also reduces the number of people landing there, making them fly further to seek another TP, that is by definition detrimental to his Mall and the people who have shops there, which is wonderfully illogical, and will impact trade across PA.

If MA concede and move the space port to Athena they could easily protect PA from further degradation by adding something (event, mission etc) to encourage players to visit

That we all have good memories of the way things once were (in game and RL) it does not make change wrong nor undesirable. Those changes will be the basis of tomorrows memories

As for PA Mall it seems the owner has been somewhat selective in who he shoots when he selects pvp, and mostly shoots people he has decided haven't agreed with him on something.
I suspected this but i'm pretty sure i'm #1 on his list and haven't been nor would I allow myself to be. I started my gaming 20+yrs ago in an pvp environment where u lost everything u had.. everything if you were killed and looted so im prepared at all times. But like you said many are not and are new players there as well and i've heard from a seemingly completely random bunch of it happening to them there. I am exhausted of rehashing this but i will never shop there again and im a big shopper!

Move it and problem solved

Legends

If you scroll though the comments, you will notice that a majority of the players complaining are mostly pilots who belong to the same society. This is just their way of trying to get back at me for taking business away from them with my 7 PED warp flights.

I suspected this but i'm pretty sure i'm #1 on his list and haven't been nor would I allow myself to be. I started my gaming 20+yrs ago in an pvp environment where u lost everything u had.. everything if you were killed and looted so im prepared at all times. But like you said many are not and are new players there as well and i've heard from a seemingly completely random bunch of it happening to them there. I am exhausted of rehashing this but i will never shop there again and im a big shopper!

Move it and problem solved

And the award to the person with no life goes to...

At the end of the day, I sure as hell don't need your business because I get plenty of it.

Imo its quite irrelevant who did what to who, it should be moved because its ment to be a space port.
They could also create so we can have alternative to chose from, Athena SP and all malls could be on that list.

No, it doesn't. Because it has happened multiple times and is one of the reasons to move it but not the entire premise. As Joat said, it was never always ontop of the mall and should not be. Athena spaceport is the most logical place.

If you scroll though the comments, you will notice that a majority of the players complaining are mostly pilots who belong to the same society. This is just their way of trying to get back at me for taking business away from them with my 7 PED warp flights.
More lies and deceit.
What society are you referring to? Literally, none of us are in the same society. The OP isn't even a pilot or affiliated with any ship.
We have been requesting Athena Spaceport to be Calypso's Spaceport long before you even knew what Entropia Universe was.
You shooting players as they try to land, because they did not agree to your price fixing attempt when you called for a 'Future of Space Meeting, only made it more apparent that this change has to happen. You said during that meeting that if all Pilots don't agree to raise their prices, you would deliberately undercut everyone in an attempt to crash the market.

The landing zone for any planet should not be in pvp.

Ya thats what is it bro 100% rofl! Also GEO brought up a good point.. you sold your ship to Trump's My Daddy! Yur no longer a ship owner correct? So what business are you referring to because we all know thats not an ALT right? @Ludvig|MindArk

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya thats what is it bro 100% rofl! Also GEO brought up a good point.. you sold your ship to Trump's My Daddy! Yur no longer a ship owner correct? So what business are you referring to because we all know thats not an ALT right?

Ooooof, illicit activities? No way, he seems like such an upstanding citizen! How dare you.

Not to mention other facts but yeah, we're all in the same society! The Space Mafia... A shame we didn't elect Ben Dover as the boss of our society :( We would've been so much richer with our fixed prices of 7 ped a warp!

What a silly ass investment you made my dude @Ben Tony Dover when you purchased that Privateer, I hope for all other Privateer owners that they retain some value (hopefully through the space waves) cause thanks to your effort you just made it plummet a bit.

You know alt accounts are against the rules right?

Ooooof, illicit activities? No way, he seems like such an upstanding citizen! How dare you.

Not to mention other facts but yeah, we're all in the same society! The Space Mafia... A shame we didn't elect Ben Dover as the boss of our society :( We would've been so much richer with our fixed prices of 7 ped a warp!

What a silly ass investment you made my dude @Ben Tony Dover when you purchased that Privateer, I hope for all other Privateer owners that they retain some value (hopefully through the space waves) cause thanks to your effort you just made it plummet a bit.
Im loving it.. every warp he does bring me a little satisfaction... hes gonna lose 20kped and then when he sells it lose another 20k. I'm making a drink now early to celebrate =p

Im loving it.. every warp he does bring me a little satisfaction... hes gonna lose 20kped and then when he sells it lose another 20k. I'm making a drink now early to celebrate =p
Thought he did sell it?
Isn’t the ship owned by Trumps My Daddy??

But, getting back on topic, the point of this thread is that a Landing Zone for the planet should not be in PvP

Change to Athena: You have a beautiful, functional, and NEUTRAL landing zone for the planet that was designed for this purpose anyway.
Don't change: Have every ship continue to land on top of a mall (?why) that is now owned by a very biased and unethical owner who has already demonstrated he can and will turn PVP on whenever he likes among other things.

Seems this decision is a rather easy one..

I went to Calypso the day before yesterday and upon entering the planet I was thrown from my Quad with a No Vehicles Allowed message AGAIN, died AGAIN and took damage to my vehicle AGAIN. I'm on my way to Calypso and have just heard it's happening AGAIN.

I'm getting tired of this. It makes no sense for players coming to Calypso to be affected whatsoever like this and is evidence that the landing zone needs to be changed to somewhere like Athena Spaceport.

Port Atlantis always had a no vehicles allowed if you went into the city. The mall was always allowed. Far as I know, you can't toggle that off. Are you saying you can't land on the mall top anymore?

I did hear he was flipping it back on Pvp again.

Port Atlantis always had a no vehicles allowed if you went into the city. The mall was always allowed. Far as I know, you can't toggle that off. Are you saying you can't land on the mall top anymore?

I couldn't land on top of the mall the other day, I was thrown out. If you put on an Event you can toggle off vehicles. I heard that is what was happening earlier today but by the time I arrived at Calypso I wasn't affected.

correct i just tried it 30min ago myself... cannot land even ontop of the tp!! vehicles not allowed!

correct i just tried it 30min ago myself... cannot land even ontop of the tp!! vehicles not allowed!

Flood support tickets. It is griefing and childish - as we all know him to be.

OWOW LOL WTF now we are in ubercrazyville for sure.

drama been quiet for a few days.. i guess its time to fire it up and blame us for it as usual =p As always he does this stuff unprovoked and then loses it when we say anything =p

guess no one bid on his shops on auction yet and this is the tempoer tantrum retaliation to the community?

What'd he expect at those prices?

There was a shopping event booked in for today. When an event is on you can't enter the area unless you've bought a ticket from events register.

Who is the owner of this mall again? :D

Classic

What would a shopping event involve and how long could it run for?

Status
Back