Change Calypso Space Port In to Athena (read details)

Status
Classic

What would a shopping event involve and how long could it run for?
im thinking it musta been an event at the medi-spa.. was a high level meditation event that required absolute silence!

Aren't most of the shops inaccessible?

To be honest, I'm amazed MA haven't sorted this yet. They waiting for more people to be put off space travel or something? ?‍♂️

Might be a new mall owner now... per SubZero on Discord.
Dunno. Not speculating ?

Last edited:
Uhm, can a pilot choose to fly outside the city? I mean, somebody stated that "... There is no alternative to avoid landing there ..". Is it so? I have seen some peeps landing to the area near the main gates (both N and E ones). Asking just to understand better the situation.

If I'm not mistaken the original reason they had for making it a no fly zone in some parts of Port Atlantlis is to reduce lag. Nowadays though it shouldn't be a problem so whole PA should be fly/vehicle zone.

Problem with Mall being shut to vehicles landing there, is that often the system will see the vehicle as having contacted the no-fly zone (because of event) or will drift and hit the PA no-fly, before it even draws in after entering from space. Occupants are then killed and ship has to be returned to storage and collected from there.
Hardly a great advert for Calypso. Come to our planet and die.

Even if you survive the initial entry from space, if the Mall is closed to traffic you can ONLY fly east. North and West you hit the PA no-fly zone, South the Sea, nearest TP to the East is a minute or so flight time. If new to planet there is nothing to indicate where you should go.
The requests for the entry point to be moved to Athena make good sense in many ways.

1. It is called Athena Spaceport and the overall design supports that
2. It is not owned and therefore not subject to the whims of any player
3. It has multiple landing/spawning pads as well as the main area by the TP
4. No one Mall is thereby favoured over any other
5. It is the highest TP on planet and therefore the shortest flight time to space

To the best of my knowledge it was designed for this purpose, but back then the landscaping with so much running water nearby caused issues for most players, as the physics engines used then were not good enough and lag was horrid if area got busy. That is no longer an issue

So please MA make Athena spaceport live up to it's name, and stop all the drama at PA as well

Athena Spaceport is beautiful!! I think it makes a lot of sense to have that be the entry point of Calypso, if the devs are considering an alternative to PA Mall.

Or if you would like to keep it PA, maybe create a separate area that isn't player controlled made especially for landing from space. There seems to be some problems with in game events conflicting with those trying to land planetside, hopefully a fix is in the works.

I guess the counterargument is that this would cause players starting on Calypso and players traveling to Calypso from space to begin from very different map positions, which could lead to two very different initial experiences when expanding outward and collecting TPs. Maybe not the end of the world, but at least a consideration. Perhaps Athena should have been built closer to PA to make this work with less friction.

I guess the counterargument is that this would cause players starting on Calypso and players traveling to Calypso from space to begin from very different map positions, which could lead to two very different initial experiences when expanding outward and collecting TPs. Maybe not the end of the world, but at least a consideration. Perhaps Athena should have been built closer to PA to make this work with less friction.
At vu 10 most estates got moved around from where they were originally... Just move the entire damn mall somewhere else like middle of pvp zone or something.

At vu 10 most estates got moved around from where they were originally... Just move the entire damn mall somewhere else like middle of pvp zone or something.

Hmmm, I guess it's actually Athena that would need to be moved. A bit more work, but maybe...

Design Flaws LLC

nahh they can just add athena to the default tps u get when you start and provide some direction from there to head to pa if needed. New toons dont start at the mall anyway. new toons start at camp icarus. nothing need be changed other than maybe add athena to default tp's and make it planet entry

In the end, a critical involuntary space port to the main planet should never be at the whims of a player, unstable or otherwise, nor should it be attached to a property that does not have similar purpose. What we have had since this thread has been created is the very reason why this should not be the case and the community is asking for lore continuity in the game by having it moved to Athena Spaceport.

As for the experiences between the two places, it is just as simple as giving everyone that TP access point. Players can TP to Port Atlantis if they desire. Nothing needs to be moved - does not need to be complicated.

As for the experiences between the two places, it is just as simple as giving everyone that TP access point. Players can TP to Port Atlantis if they desire. Nothing needs to be moved - does not need to be complicated.
There could even be a oneway fast tp at athena that goes straight to port atlantis with a big sign behind it showing port atlantis and says 'starting place for new players to explore calypso' - wouldnt be hard to do. If that is the hold up of making the logical best place the real spaceport after all.

Alright, I have forwarded the suggestions in this thread (and the reasons for them) to the dev team already. They are aware of the idea/interest.

However, I am now locking this thread, as the past few dozen posts have had more things that violate rules 2.2, 2.3 and 2.13 (while just barely skirting others) than adds anything to the discussion. If you believe someone is violating the EULA/ToS in some way, please send a support case about it.

Status
Back