Change every occurance of "entropedia.info" on this forum (and possibly entropiaforum)

aia

Marauder
As the old entropedia website is practically hijacked, it would be good if the links inside forum, containing the text "entropiawiki.com" in all posts were updated to the new URL. This is so that noone, by accident, clicks the old URL and instead end up on a malware site if the domain ends up in the hands of a malware distributor.

As noone we know have control over the old domain name, it's best if the old domain name is buried and forgotten as fast as possible.

As the old entropedia website is practically hijacked, it would be good if the links inside forum, containing the text "entropiawiki.com" in all posts were updated to the new URL. This is so that noone, by accident, clicks the old URL and instead end up on a malware site if the domain ends up in the hands of a malware distributor.

As noone we know have control over the old domain name, it's best if the old domain name is buried and forgotten as fast as possible.

Question?? Can I see who owns the domain and how do I buy it?? You dont happen to know??

Perhaps it doesnt but its worth to look into for a bit :)

It would be good if there was a way to change everything by some sort of batch process, assuming the Entropedia domain isn't "reclaimed" by someone who's going to use it for its intended purpose.

Iirc something similar was done when EntropiaForum changed to PCF, so I guess there must be a way to do it.

Just in the Creatures subforum there are a lot of Entropedia links (at least one in every thread) and I really don't want to have to go through and edit every single one individually.

DB to SQL export
Text search & replace
Reimporting SQL file

easy task, few minutes only... :silly2:

Sorry I missed this,

what is the new address then ?

I don't see Witte's name anywhere...

Domain was apparently registered from "moniker.com", who (in the past) was notorious for having a policy of claiming the domain for their own after zero Days after it expired. And so they did, they (moniker.com) nipped the domain day after expiry and put it on a parking service.

It could be possible to reclaim it (for 30 Days or so) but it would require a hefty brib^h^h^h^hfee to moniker.com, or possibly going through the paperwork with Another domain registrar reclaiming it from that one.

(for Peace of mind, just to be safe, remember to have a working AV program in case any of following pages has a rougue ad)
https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/monikercom-domainsystemscom-california-c369914.html
http://www.crapnocrap.com/moniker/
https://onlinedomain.com/2014/06/03...-domains-wrong-whois-invoices-new-account-id/

entropiawiki.com said:
Well, congratulations!

You just landed on the world's only
"Done For You" Free Money System.

It's a $200 minimum investment to activate the Free Money System

Last edited:
just have overworked mods add entropiawiki.com to the naughty word filter as they've done over the years for a lot of websites that they didn't want to link to any more... it'll auto kill every link in the forum and replace it with !!!! (there's still work arounds with google shortners, etc. but for just removing the links it should do the job)

Now if there were only some quick fix to remove it from web search engines....

Last edited:
just have overworked mods add entropiawiki.com to the naughty word filter

Ah, nice! At least it would mean noone here clicks it by mistake (ie when a sales thread contain a link to the item being sold).

Just need to remember entropiawiki.com then.

just have overworked mods add entropiawiki.com to the naughty word filter as they've done over the years for a lot of websites that they didn't want to link to any more... ..

Mods don't do that - that's strictly one of 711's privileges :)

the real challenge is getting google to recognise the new domain so I can be lazy again

I have run a database query to replace all instances of 'entropedia.info' to 'entropiawiki.com' in forum posts.

Back