Info: Changing Default Controls?

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
I told one of my friends in EU not long ago how to do it since he didn't like the default keys for the Vtol since he likes Air to Air combat so much & once I told him how to do it, he was instantly gratified by the results. Though this has been covered in Alice's tutorials here (last edited in 2007) it has come to my attention that not many people in EU know how to change the default controls on your keyboard, so this is a short demonstration of how someone can do it.

By pressing keys L & G you get this layout appear on your screen, press Previous Action Set so the arrow pointing left.

change_controls_1.jpg

You will not see a star icon instead of a number, it will now allow you to change the default keys & as you can see they are now highlighted.

change_controls_2.jpg

You can now move them around as you wish or place/duplicate any keys onto the screen. Hope you find this short tutorial was helpful :).

Ps: sorry mods thought technical was 2nd best place since I did not have access to post in tutorials section, you can move it where necessary, ty.

nice post.

Nice post. I don't have a vtol, but do have lots of various weapons I switch while hunting... here's my hunting active set

set6.jpg

People setting up for hunting and stuff should think about what they want to be doing and will be doing often, etc. when setting up their quick keys. I like having both the quick key and icons available since lag sometimes keeps one or the other from working as fast as I want it to.

I use the number pad for most of the weapons and = and backspace for fap so that I know what buttons to hit quickly. My laptop has pageup, down, end, etc. all in the number pad in a row above the normal numbers so it's easy to remember... I have it so that the stuff up on top is higher damage and stuff down below is lower damage/finishers... I carry two of everything in the TT weaponwise just so that there's always a backup, and also so I can amp one opalo and leave one unamped in case team hunting requires no amps, etc. I have the low damage viper whip set to enter and higher damage cobra whip set to plus... it all works well. Just have to remember which button is what, but using the same set up all the time makes it work.

I have another activeset for the emoticons, another for sweating, etc. I love that there is as many activesets as there are. Most don't use them all I suspect.

Back