Cheaters unbanned?

Status
We get punished tho but for some of those dudes its worthed. Remember when that miner who used a sleip to kill warlocks got full esi and we exposed him ? he was only banned for 1 month , for him was worthed since he was unprofitable in game lmao

Well apparently MA thinks cheating is ok, wonder how much ped they made off mayhems for a 6 month slap on the wrist. I bet it was more than worth their "punishment" Very disappointed in MA at this point, though I am not surprised.. Time and time again they prove they do not have a care in the world for the players of this game. But yeah apparently cheating is fine.

certain avatars were stopping time in mayhem anihilation, so they could win with whatever gear, besides that yog pet you must know about...

that bug existed for quite a while, not just last one where their scores were removed, imagine how many alt avatars were winning due to exploit as well....

did anyone ever get their mayhem and placement tokens from MA that the cheaters lost?

As long as those involved are still banned from ever competing in future mayhem events and had to pay back cheated tokens/prizes, let em lose PED at migration

As long as those involved are still banned from ever competing in future mayhem events and had to pay back cheated tokens/prizes, let em lose PED at migration
Except some of them seem to have exceptionally good loots, so I doubt this outcome too :D

Who cares will you quit or not , don't think that everything belong to you in this game. STOP Crying all the time grow up!
Sulje has point. Cheating affect us all. Stricter sanctions should be made than banning for 6 months.(or maybe there are but we dont know)

looks like each new year has new cheats in instances...maybe the game should push the testing of their instances a bit more before publishing it ?
or maybe the game can start offering valuable compensation in PED to players that find and share how certain cheats work...

The only thing I can think of that would realistically help is if people shared all the bugs and exploits they knew of? Maybe we can have a thread here if someone would be willing to keep updating the first/overview post?

I mean if you know of some exploit in pvp4, could you explain exactly how to do it? Then people interested in it, could exploit it too, and then MA would be "forced" to act.

Seems weird writing this now, maybe Im totally wrong but my thinking is: If those kinda things are kept secret than only a few people do it and MA loses little by not acting. I mean they are a company after all. Why would they fix a leaking faucet in the bathroom when its more "profitable" to make the shop front look prettier so more people buy more stuff?

I hope that makes sense? Maybe Im missing a very obvious problem with that approach? Id be very ok if you made a new account here and shared it anonymously so you can keep learning about exploits ingame ;)

Imagine if we all knew about the time stopping exploit and a few people just stopped it after 1s. Do we think MA wouldn't have acted immediately? That would also have warned everyone, that there was something going on in that instance so people legitimately trying would have known not to try? I hear about bots in instances too, maybe share how and what instances and why? If there is some reason to do it and it hurts the game for everyone, share it, lets get rid of it?

I dunno, Im sure this has been discussed before and people came up with much better options/ideas, educate me. Im down for making things better.

The only thing I can think of that would realistically help is if people shared all the bugs and exploits they knew of? Maybe we can have a thread here if someone would be willing to keep updating the first/overview post?

I mean if you know of some exploit in pvp4, could you explain exactly how to do it? Then people interested in it, could exploit it too, and then MA would be "forced" to act.

Seems weird writing this now, maybe Im totally wrong but my thinking is: If those kinda things are kept secret than only a few people do it and MA loses little by not acting. I mean they are a company after all. Why would they fix a leaking faucet in the bathroom when its more "profitable" to make the shop front look prettier so more people buy more stuff?

I hope that makes sense? Maybe Im missing a very obvious problem with that approach? Id be very ok if you made a new account here and shared it anonymously so you can keep learning about exploits ingame ;)

Imagine if we all knew about the time stopping exploit and a few people just stopped it after 1s. Do we think MA wouldn't have acted immediately? That would also have warned everyone, that there was something going on in that instance so people legitimately trying would have known not to try? I hear about bots in instances too, maybe share how and what instances and why? If there is some reason to do it and it hurts the game for everyone, share it, lets get rid of it?

I dunno, Im sure this has been discussed before and people came up with much better options/ideas, educate me. Im down for making things better.
That was proven to work. Some of us remember Maiden coming in public explaining in detail easter mayhem defense major bug. Ma removed the thread and fixed the issue in a day. Scores were not reset IIRC, exploiters got away.
So there will be some people coming in public BEFORE using the bug in their advantage because there are many who kinda make it public when they think others may have been onto something. And there are others that think it's their right to use, if MA made a mistake, they are entitled to exploit. So it's human nature in the end and it depends on whose hands the bug falls....

On the other hand, exposing all bugs on public, with MA's 2 year delay, will make certain areas of the game completely broken for an indefinite period of time...... Reporting all the bugs is still the right approach...

Will be interesting to see when MA gets off their lazy asses and makes a comment about this, in 2030.
That would qualify as soon.

That was proven to work. Some of us remember Maiden coming in public explaining in detail easter mayhem defense major bug. Ma removed the thread and fixed the issue in a day. Scores were not reset IIRC, exploiters got away.
So there will be some people coming in public BEFORE using the bug in their advantage because there are many who kinda make it public when they think others may have been onto something. And there are others that think it's their right to use, if MA made a mistake, they are entitled to exploit. So it's human nature in the end and it depends on whose hands the bug falls....

On the other hand, exposing all bugs on public, with MA's 2 year delay, will make certain areas of the game completely broken for an indefinite period of time...... Reporting all the bugs is still the right approach...

:D

Thank you for remembering that.
I quit reporting bugs.... After that incident (and only Divinity gave me 1k ped cash for being honest and go public) I HAD AWFUL RETURN - under normal ... like i was punished by MA not to mention the swearing and hate from some players.....

All i can say is: I am very displeased in how MA allowed these avatars to resume playing! Now they likely scoop up the last
LP-100 MOD with no reprocussions, while the rest of the community suffers for their actions. Wouldn't be the best for community though would it?

And yes i learned one thing : Mindark will help those that cheat to squeeze the cash out from the game all the time !!!

Last edited:
Can we have official statement @My|MindArk ? This is very serious issue, everyone would like to know what happened, how are they punished, and why is there still people that NEVER got punished for doing shady stuff ? Even there were reports with proofs ?

Is CEO alive ?

Expose the cheaters!
tenor.gif

If a Bug is know by a few, even when it includes MA, and the Bug does not cost MA income, it is of very low priority to MA, as seen many many times over the past decade.
If a Bug is known by everyone or the bug is hampering the income stream of MA, MA tends to act very quickly, even shuts down the system until it is fixed.

So the only way to make MA act in a reasonable timeframe is to make a Bug common knowledge as Thark and others also mentioned already.

Last edited:
Saddest part is that the longer MA wait to fix these exploits. Less punishment will be recieved. If any at all.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I advise you exploiters to associeate in an Exploiter Society.
Some of you already do.
Why hiding? For easier recognition you can use the Exploiter Society name, i do not claim any rights to this name, since you exploiters lack any respect to anyone, anything, anywhere, anyways...
You deserve to surround yourself only with your kind.

@My|MindArk :
Remove exploited gains, remove exploiter's access to all competitions.
Why do you piss off the 98% rule abider's turnover for the 2% exploiter's turnover?
From a business' point of view this makes no sense to me.

In 20 years i learned over and over again that MindArk always sells all trust, honor and reputation for the little extra turnover, be it from cheaters, exploiters or any other fishy interaction. It is as it is. This is the way you do your business. This is all well and long known. So be it.

Certainly a permaban costs you some $$$. So i suggest to at least stigmatize Exploiters with a red player name for lifetime (which is visible to everyone, always, everywhere), so the more reputable, honorable and trusted players can choose, if they want to associate and interact with such a blain.
Because not all players are like MindArk or the Exploiters.

If MA did not let them keep their M tokens and PM tokens then the 6 month ban is justifiable.If it is spent then take an item of equal value or lose some profession standings.. Perma ban seem a little too harsh imo..

Then add the confiscated tokens back into prizes or loot pool some how. I would be happy if some 20 % crit dmg sights were somehow added back in loot ! =D

The positive thing about this is at least knowing MA won't perma ban you so easily...so if you dont cheat you are safe =D

Last edited:
Status
Back