Selling: Chikara Refiner MR300 (conjectural price)

TheOneOmega

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Marie TheOne Omega
I am offering to sell my Chikara Refiner MR300 ore, energy matter, and miscellaneous resource refiner. This is a rare item from an early era in the history of Entropia. The buyout price is:

4500 PED

I want to provide some disclaimers up front to avoid any false impressions. A buyer should not expect to profit from this item, unless by resale, as there are a few more efficient refiners in the game, a couple of which trade at a lower price. The Transformer T-105, for example, would be a more cost effective alternative. The primary value I'm attributing to this item is not derived from its function as a refiner (although it is still the 5th most efficient refiner in the game), but rather the age and rarity of the item, traits suggesting that its value may increase over time. Even so, I may be presenting this offer too early for it to be reasonable; I have to admit that the above price is probably higher than the number I would presently hypothesize in a price check thread.

Nevertheless, if you understand these disclaimers and are still interested in buying the refiner in the ballpark of this conjectural price, hit me up with an offer! As an alternative to PED, I would trade the refiner for an Omegaton A104, Ancient, another rare, early era item.

Here are some pictures of the item up for sale:

qsk7Jih.png

MKjo52V.png

V7bxEGY.png

Thank you for visiting my refiner offer thread!

If you take usage, eco and effectivness into account it is not worth that much its way over. (Edited)

Source is auctionhouse and WIKI

cheers

(Like if this was helpful)

Last edited:
Heya :)

I can't tell for certain if your post is intended as a statement or a question. In the latter case, I would answer "no, I do not believe that is a reasonable assessment of the refiner's worth." At the time of this post, your linked source does not offer any indication of the refiner's secondary market value, only its Trade Terminal Value. The total worth of an unlimited item is the sum of its Trade Terminal Value and secondary market value, so both components are necessary for a proper assessment. The in world Market Value of the item does appear, at least at first glance, to be in relative concord with your guess. As you are somewhat new to the game (at least according to your forum join date), I think it is entirely reasonable for you to draw these sorts of conclusions from the in world historical Market Value data. However, as you experience market trends over the span of many years, you will see that historical Market Value data is a good predictor of future worth under most, but not all conditions.

The conditions of this case in particular are about as inconducive to this sort of inference as possible. Historical price data derives its indicative accuracy from transaction volume. This is a consequence of the wisdom of crowds. Averaging a small handful of guesses of the number of jelly beans in a jar may yield a wildly incorrect prediction, but the more guesses one aggregates, the closer the result will be to the correct answer. Similarly, markets with high transaction volume are able to separate indicative price information from circumstantial noise precisely because they provide a mechanism to aggregate large quantities of diverse private information. By contrast, markets with low volume tend to behave in a confused, erratic manner. The number of transactions contributing to this refiner's historical Market Value data is 1; this does not provide even a small degree of information aggregation. Thus any conclusions about the item's worth drawn from its historical Market Value data should be considered tentative at best.

Secondly, historical prices are much more accurate at predicting future prices when the two are near each other in time. The single historical data point you likely have in mind was established many years in the past. In general, the Decade interval on the in world Market Value history is not considered reliable for this reason. It is tempting to use it when no data for the Year interval is available, but accepting that there is no reliable data is often more productive than clinging to unreliable data. For this particular item, its age and rarity make a case for its worth increasing over time. This is not a knock-down argument; there's room for disagreement, but that's the nature of asset pricing.

With all of that said, I already stated in the topic post disclaimer, and will now restate, that the refiner is probably not presently worth my asking price. I am not committed to selling it at whatever price I can get; I just want to put an offer on the table, albeit one with a fairly low probability of success. If no one is interested, I'll shelve the refiner for a few more years.

Finally, I don't really get bent out of shape over this sort of thing, but I should warn you that price assessment posts in trading threads are considered off-topic, and belong in the Items, Price Check, or General Economy Discussion forums. Some people will be upset by the type of statement/question you've raised, and have the legal justification of the Trading Forum Rules to feel that way.

If you compare usage and prices with other refiners you see the value of items but sure if you take it as old unique item that the real usage isnt the one to value might be worth more but well i just wanted to make sure no noob fell for it.

If you do not like it feel free to report it and delete it!

Good you made it clear where the value comes from you give it! Thanks

Last edited:
It's all good! I stated my disagreement with your pricing inference, but I agree with your overarching goal of transparency for potential buyers (the disclaimers in my topic post were actually there from the start, not edited in ;)).

Sorry lately i have seen too much of people scamming and taking noobs hostage. I will remove part of what i wrote.

Back