Chinese gaming law requiring companies to disclose odds

Well, can MA afford to ignore the huge Chinese market?

Hope they decide they can't ignore, and so publish some stats about drops.

well... as MA doesnt use a normal % loot algorithm, but use a wave algorithm, they cant even publish real odds. there are no real odds. open outside of a wave and your chance is 0%. theyd have to change the system to even be able to publish numbers for the chinese market. everything else would be a lie. and knowing MA theyd just publish these lies, even though everybody knows that they are incorrect.

well... as MA doesnt use a normal % loot algorithm, but use a wave algorithm, they cant even publish real odds.

Entropy. Most people don't understand it, last of all lawmakers. Better let that dog sleep.

Entropy. Most people don't understand it, last of all lawmakers. Better let that dog sleep.

Many Chinese lawmakers tend to be from STEM background, in general, compared to some / many other countries.

Don't be surprised if they understand things easier/faster then you expect. I think very few are ex lawyers, lol.

Reactions: San
well... as MA doesnt use a normal % loot algorithm, but use a wave algorithm, they cant even publish real odds. there are no real odds. open outside of a wave and your chance is 0%. theyd have to change the system to even be able to publish numbers for the chinese market. everything else would be a lie. and knowing MA theyd just publish these lies, even though everybody knows that they are incorrect.

Please point me to somewhere that defines a wave algorithm as used by MindArk to determine loot.

If MindArk wants Chinese players, they have to comply with Chinese law or risk the consequences... not sure what they are, but the Chinese are well known for their country-wide firewall and ability to block anything they desire.

There is the very common phrase used in many contests: Odds of winning dependant on the number of participants.

How can MindArk comply with Chinese regulation of publishing odds for the specific case of Easter Rings 2017?
It should not be that complicated:
  1. The amount of rings to be looted was predetermined, for example 15. Therefore, the odds of winning would depend on the number of participants/boxes sold, and they would be required to say how many rings are available to be looted.
  2. The amount of rings is determined by the number of boxes sold, for example 1 ring for every 10000 boxes. Therefore the odds of looting a ring are 1 in 10000 boxes.
  3. The amount of rings to be looted is not predetermined nor dependant on quantity sold, but whether a box is opened within a specific window of X minutes that occurs at an interval of Y minutes limited by how much the staff spent on the last Christmas party. (sorry, couldn't find actual reasonable way to work this option)

dude... its fact that there are loot waves. every single person who plays this game can see this. its so easy to observe. in fact, i know the guy who got the (i think it was) 4 christmas rings. he only opens during loot waves and thats how he got them. and i know people opening several thousand boxes out of waves who dont get a single valuable item in them.

Ya let lying dogs sleep LOL

Back