Chipping Optimizer Tool

jdegre

Elite
Society
Survival Program
Jesus jdegre de Gregorio
Hi,
I've made a tool to calculate the best way to chip-in, to reach a certain pro-standing level.
For instance, you are at level 42 in Laser Sniper, and you want to unlock Combat Sense (level 50). The question is: what do I have to chip and how much, from all the involved skills in that profession?
There are 3 factors to balance:
- At high skill levels, inserting a new chip has much lower effect than at low skills levels
- Certain skill contribute more than others to the pro-standing
- The price of certain skills is much higher than others.

So, this tool tells you (hopefully) the cheapest path to reach your target, considering all the factors above.

Give it a try at:

http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php

It works with latest browsers, but probably not with older ones since it uses a lot of javascript and ajax-style interface.

Take into consideration that the calculations rely heavily on the function that maps skill-levels to chip-tt-value, and this function is quite unknown for high skill levels.

Also, the chip prices are taken from peauction, so take it with a grain of salt when it comes to actually finding all the chips required in auctions at that price.

All feedback is appreciated.

Edit: Latest features introduced:
- You can auto-fill your skills if you have them uploaded to PE-wiki
- You can calculate HP-chipping as well; it works the same as any other profession
- The recommended chipping now displays the markup % from peauction and the cost of each individual chip
- You can calculate your total skills, and use it as any other profession, to know your cheapest way to go, for instance, from 70k to 120k total skills.
- You can enter a cost limit in all chipping recommendations, so it is possible to say "I want to increase my HP, and I have 10k ped, what's the best way to spend them and how far will I get with it"

Last edited:
Fantastic Tool :) ... came in very useful.

As a side note, do you think you might be able to work something out like that for figuring out what you need to chip in for health points? I don't know if we have enough complete data on skills and health to do so but it would be a phenomenal acheivement to punch in some numbers and see the cheapest way to reach a HP goal. ;)

+ Rep for sure by the way.

+rep

Excellent tool for us chippers out there :yay:

Yep agree with Stormer. +rep for a great tool!

Must spread rep blah blah blah...

Awesome tool. I've been using it for a few days now and can't praise it enough.

A few features I'd like to see (just to put the cherry on the top) are:

i) The % used for the calc for each skill displayed, to give a target price to buy at to reach the goal for the amount of ped.

ii) The ability to set your own %'s for the calcs, or override the one used at least, should obvious manipulations appear - such as one day towards the end of last week, my commando goal was suddenly 3k more expensive for a day, prob due to dodgy market entries.

iii) The ability to upload a NRF (or similar) file to have everything filled in automatic, similar to wiki's new ability.

iv) Maybe a reverse feature - say if want to chip out the maximum amount of peds worth of skill, but not fall below a certain level.

All these pretty minor additional features though, the tools still great as is :)

Perhaps a quick table that lists what numbers the various pro standings are at? I was looking to enter Lvl 30 for Serindipity, but it doesn't work on the new level system, but the old level system...can we get a quick conversion chart? I know the data prolly exists on Wiki, but a quick reference would be nice.

I.E.
Lvl 30 = Great Pro Standing = 3000
Lvl 40 = Stupendous Pro Standing = 4000

etc...I know my numbers are off....

thx guys for the nice feedback,

@coffee: i don't know if the current knowledge about how hp's are gained is enough to implement such function. all we know is something like "coolness gives hp roughly every 400 levels". but when these data is known in detail, i think it could be implemented easily.

@stormer: "quickness" introduced already, but remember that the tool does not work well for skills > 10k

@angel_of_death: MDA and martial arts are there, in their corresponding professions (browler, knifefighter, hit or dmg); i'll add swordman and whipper shortly.

@trabin: your suggestions are excellent, really; i had thought myselft in the chip-out symmetric feature, which should be pretty straightforward to add; only have to check if the algorithm works in the other way as well. the rest of the features, it's just a matter of finding the time to implement them. the auto-fill in feature is half implemented, but the skills are taken from the tools database; if you use the parameter "user=xxx", you'll get auto-filled my (noob) skills :) you can see it here. I just have to find a way to make it "multi-user" capable.

@mr_wizard: (if I understood you correctly) the pro-standing levels, as explained in the intro of the tool, are the levels shown in-game * 100. That is, to unlock avoidance, enter 2500 in evader; to unlock wounding, enter 4500 in any (dmg) profession, to unlock serendipity, enter 3000 in any (hit) profession.

/jdegre.

Last edited:
thanks for the tools.
i used your tool to determine if chipping was cheaper than doing it myself.
i sused the knifefighter chart to 'evalute' my swordmanone (since ,atm of m post, swordman is not availlable. i obviously switched stat for light /heavy melee wpon and SB/LB).
i have found something: i am, atm, according to your tool at an average of 3895,and the real one tell me i'm at 3930 or so. what i found is that if i had 1 k to my courage (2959 to 3959) the calculation is much more accurate, giving me an average of 3935. i think the solution is to lower the weight of courage, 3 instead of 4. i hope it will help.

edit: however, with SB number it seem perfectly accurate.
oh and + rep for the tool

Last edited:
Very interresting ill have to have a better look tomorrow
does it work with mining ?

cool,great tool ;)

7,9 K Ped will unlock me coolness :p
24,9 K Combat Sence
and Commando will cost 98,6 K

:ahh: :laugh:

Excellent tool, well thought out and the time you've spent is appreciated....+rep....:yay:

cool,great tool ;)

7,9 K Ped will unlock me coolness :p
24,9 K Combat Sence
and Commando will cost 98,6 K

:ahh: :laugh:

to calculate combat sense, you should first set coolness at level 1 and, in the same way, to calculate commando you should set coolness and combat sense both at level 1, because you'll unlock them on the way, and you'll be able to chip them too.
otherwise they'll not be included in the calcs.

not sure if you did it or not, but commando at least looked too high.

Cool system, but Id like to contribute my levels and have you refine some values regarding the evader profession; I entered my values and got somewhere around 6600 when my level is actually 7130ish. Ill post them in a bit, just marking thread

would that be the result of some skill nerf, or just in complete data at the higher ends?

Cool system, but Id like to contribute my levels and have you refine some values regarding the evader profession; I entered my values and got somewhere around 6600 when my level is actually 7130ish. Ill post them in a bit, just marking thread

Quickness is introduced m8, try again and it will work!

I just got "fake HoF" meaning I just hit lvl 73 Evader..and the tool shows 73,00 ..its extremly accurate

very very good work!

more + rep (when its possible)

Last edited:
any possibility to add biotropy skills~~

lvl 73 -> lvl 80 .."only" 69000 peds....:(

edit: evader that is...intusion far away :S

As stormer said, maybe you tried it before quickness was added. All the skill influences %'s are taken from the thread Impact of skills on professions, which does not include quickness yet, but setting it at 9% nails down to the last decimal place stormer's skills and levels.

There are certain professions which are not fully resolved yet (the % influence of all involved skills is not known yet), so they will be included in the tool as soon as they are resolved.

Another reminder for everybody (specially ubers), the tool is highly dependent on the "skills-level -> TT-value" function, so if you have skills over 10k, please help to find out the function by contributing in the Fill up ESI data thread. Thanks.

@desidude & Hally: biotropy and mining professions will be added soon (up to the extent they are known). Driller is already added, btw.

/jdegre.

Wow!! nice job mate!
another +rep for u

Woot im only 70k chipping away from Commando :yay:

9k peds away from kill strike only :D This made my day

+ rep

Maybe i should buy some lwt soon...

Cheers,

Buck.

Great tool jdegre :) You need more rep :D

Would be good to get a confirmation on that 9% for Quickness and also work out the percentage for Dodger in the same way.

- rep as I would have needed this tool 1 week ago.

Just kidding, of course a +rep :D.

- rep as I would have needed this tool 1 week ago.

Just kidding, of course a +rep :D.

lol, thx smoerble... :)

actually, the tool was introduced in another thread and was available last week, but I did not want to give it much exposure, while I was refining it a little.

btw, i've included swordsman professions (hit & dmg) and all 4 mining professions.

cheers,
/jdegre.

Edit: what jimmy said :)

Great initiative :)

@coffee: i don't know if the current knowledge about how hp's are gained is enough to implement such function. all we know is something like "coolness gives hp roughly every 400 levels". but when these data is known in detail, i think it could be implemented easily.

What's stated in this thread seems pretty accurate. Maybe get some more data to confirm?

Excellent tool jdegre, +rep! :thumbup:

Now if only you could pull the avatar skills straight off the Wiki, instead of having us type them ;)

P. :smoke:

What's stated in this thread seems pretty accurate. Maybe get some more data to confirm?

cool, i was not aware of that thread, seems like there has been a lot of advance lately. i'll have a look more in detail, and i'll see if i can include the results into the tool. in theory, once the hp-gaining details are fully known, the algorithm to find the cheapest path should be exactly the same as the one used in this tool.

thx for the pointer.

Back