Christmas Strongboxes on other planets

XaoSLanister
Hello everyone I want to enlighten everyone a little about the fallout of Christmas boxes on partner planets.

And so, in contrast to the popular opinion that boxes no longer fall on the planets of partners, i have confirmed in practice that this is not the case.

But there is a very big nuance. if you want them not on Calypso, that you will suffer....

I explain. The thing is that the loss of Christmas boxes after the events on the siren was cut so much that their payback on the partner planets is now equal to about 100 pedam per box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the first day after the patch, i shot almost 1k ped on arcadia and did not get any 1 box. I wrote a support question to which I received an answer the next day, literally " From what we can see, the Christmas Strongboxes are dropping as they should. "

After receiving the answer, I was inspired, shot another 1 k ped ..... and received 3 Christmas boxes....

With bewilderment, I wrote that their answer : - "Christmas boxes fall as they should" does not undergo any criticism, because even in the FFA and Mayhem, boxes with such a turnover fall much more often!!!!!!!!!!!!! Practice 2 kk ped 24-29 boxes !!!!!!!!!! but that's not all, after spending another 1kk today, i didn't get a single box!!

The result of all this misunderstanding.... 3 k turnover, 3 box, -300 ped by TT. 300\3 = 100 ped for 1 box....

every time the partner planets start at least some activity, good quests, loot.... immediately jump out representatives of calypso, and take all the events, seasonal events, and so on... It's a shame that the representatives of the partner planets, whenever they are robbed, are quietly silent, and do nothing.

Just write it in your native language and we will figure it out.

He has a point though. every time a planet partner releases something MA spawns big bulks or hogglos or turn off the spawn of materials to get new armor from a certain planet partner because people would rather grind on that planet than on the mayhem event where mindark gets a majority of the money.

Compensating for boxes looting 1 per 10-20 ped before maybe..lol

I don't buy this complaint. The practice annihilation instance is accessible from all planets, and gives the most boxes right now, more than FFA. MU is decent. So I personally think of this as a non-issue.

just have Mindark remove all boxes from anywhere outside of mayhem.... want a box go in to the instance or the auction.

Personally I wish they'd leave the boxes in the instances and put keys in the non-instance mobs instead of boxes... or maybe do one type of instance for the boxes and another for the keys?

It is nice they added a new payment method in the webshop for those wanting to buy keys, but it's still annoying that webshop is only method of gettnig keys and annoying that they still have not re-added many of the other forms of payments they had in there previously like paypal.

just have Mindark remove all boxes from anywhere outside of mayhem.... want a box go in to the instance or the auction.

Personally I wish they'd leave the boxes in the instances and put keys in the non-instance mobs instead of boxes.
So just cut planet partners out of mayhem completely?

I don't see anything wrong with the amount of boxes you received. I have received 3-4 boxes in mayhem instance on calypso after shooting 1000 ped in ammo. On average I would say it is somewhere between 7-10 for 1000 ped ammo.

Compensating for boxes looting 1 per 10-20 ped before maybe..lol

I don't buy this complaint. The practice annihilation instance is accessible from all planets, and gives the most boxes right now, more than FFA. MU is decent. So I personally think of this as a non-issue.

I agree with this, before the patch players with below average gear were getting two times more boxes on puny then top geared players in top Annihilation instance.

The boxes issue is fine. There are however other very big issues between the two parties, MA and PP that they should fix ASAP and work together much better. It all starts with the communication....... FIX IT!!!!!

For three out of four mayhems every year, no boxes drop on other planets, and somehow no one feels any need to use expletives over that fact.

And the moral of the story is? Pleasant surprises cannot go on for too long, or people will start perceiving them as entitlements; at the very least, the boxes should have dropped from different mobs each year.

So just cut planet partners out of mayhem completely?
or just put keys on Planet Partner planets and remove it from the webshop... increase the economic reason to go to the planets. Yes, it'd take some adjusting on figuring out how to make it work, but if you couldn't just grab a key from shop and had to go to a planet to get it it'd change things a bit...

Personally I wish they'd leave the boxes in the instances and put keys in the non-instance mobs instead of boxes... or maybe do one type of instance for the boxes and another for the keys?

It is nice they added a new payment method in the webshop for those wanting to buy keys, but it's still annoying that webshop is only method of gettnig keys and annoying that they still have not re-added many of the other forms of payments they had in there previously like paypal.

I would love if they made keys lootable like their "uncommon" loot or craft them!

Every time I get a strongbox, I think it is more a present to MA if I have to then buy the key for box . ( I have already purchased with deposit. ) :laugh:

But only Calypso has access to FFA. How's that fair to other PPs?

Xmas box drop from regular mobs on other planets has been here for years without issue, so why remove them now all of a sudden? Either open all instances to all PPs, or compensate PPs for not having FFA. All of this just looks like a crusade against Cyrene (again !), and you should remember that everything Cyrene released on the last VU was reviewed and approved by MA. They just did a terrible job at reviewing it, as they do with everything.

Whatever happens, the players are always blind folded having to feel their way through the chaos that MA creates.

Improved communication my ass, they never change.

Last edited:
After reading all the comments, I am grateful to people that they are somehow trying to discuss this issue. i respect the opinion of all the people who have spoken here, but i want to repeat myself. The only problem I see is that MA takes away some of the players from the partner planets, and all the events! i hope i don't have to tell you that even with the frequency with which the boxes fell on arcadia, the earnings on these boxes were very mediocre, because of their price.

well since FFA is only on Caly does that mean 50% of all the grinding and such goes into CLDS. or does it just get spirited away because its on an instance and not physically caly?

So (just want to make sure I understand this correctly) the issue is that because MA owns Calypso, they are naturally biased to make their game favor their own planet to generate more income for themselves.

This mean, MA should not be owning any planets. This can make it so all planet in this game will get fair treatment.

Didn't a few company purchased Calypso in the past?
First planet company or SEE
What happened to those companies?

This is weird.. I remember replying to this thread.. and I checked my content.. and I did..

Are there 2 threads about this?

This is weird.. I remember replying to this thread.. and I checked my content.. and I did..

Yeah, looks like he posted one in general and one in mayhem. Same title.

So (just want to make sure I understand this correctly) the issue is that because MA owns Calypso, they are naturally biased to make their game favor their own planet to generate more income for themselves.

This mean, MA should not be owning any planets. This can make it so all planet in this game will get fair treatment.

SEE never purchased, they backed out of the deal, this is when CLDs were released.

First Planet Company, while technically a separate company from MA, is still the same people if I remember right.

First Planet Company, while technically a separate company from MA, is still the same people if I remember right.

Yeah, it was a subsidiary and eventually was absorbed back into MA and the people were let go (that's when Marco left).

On the topic, no idea if the seasonal boxes in the loot on other planets are a bug or not, but it definitely never was announced as a feature, so it's amusing to see people complain about it.

yes, i'm sorry i posted the same topics in 2 different sections of the forum, because i was not sure for which section the topic is more suitable. You said that on Calypso there were drop-down boxes from simple mobs, they are now, in other events. But again, the only seasonal event when boxes fell on the partner planets was Christmas. MA took that away from them, too.

Let's talk together, maybe it seems strange to me alone, as soon as the partner planet shows at least some activity, and players fly away and start developing this planet, MA immediately either cuts new quests, making them unusable, or cancels the buffs of recently approved pets, or simply removes loot from the partner planets! Remember how many times it was! Do not you think that they do not disdain anything to focus the attention of players only on calypso! With it at any price! they are not with

Profanity in thread titles is not permitted; thread title edited.

Forum Rules said:
2.7 - Profanity
Profanity in thread titles or user titles is NOT permitted. Profanity in posts should be kept to a minimum, and not be used in a comment directed at other members, Forum Staff members, Entropia Universe planet partner representatives or MindArk representatives. While generalizations using profanity and/or foul language may be common in everyday conversation, when used in a direct communication to another person, they can be interpreted as rude or insulting. Excessively profane content may be edited or deleted without notice, and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum without notice, depending on severity.

Profanity in thread titles is not permitted; thread title edited.
okay, I'll rephrase. How the partner planets were devoid of events and Christmas boxes.

And Yes, I apologize. In my language, this word has no profanity. Apparently the translator made a mistake. I didn't want to break the rules.

I do miss the boxes, it helped quite a few players like me to get a profiting mob, but I guess all good things end.

Having said that I do believe that they should change rules a bit, because following rules of the original plan which was just give a service to all planets comparing to owning a planet and doing that service is a really big difference. I do find it unfair how planet partners lack any type of freedom and even if they do something cool, then MA appears to destroy it.

But that's just what I think.

Do I understand you correctly that you complain that Christmas Stronboxes dont loot anymore from common Mobs on planets like Arkadia, Cyren or ROCKtropia?
That the only place you can loot Christmas Strongboxes are in Merry Mayhem Instances?

Is this your complain? I can tell you that common Mobs on Calypso never ever looted Christmas Strongboxes either the only mobs I ever looted Christmas Stronboxes was in Merry Mayhem Instances.

Do I understand you correctly that you complain that Christmas Stronboxes dont loot anymore from common Mobs on planets like Arkadia, Cyren or ROCKtropia?
That the only place you can loot Christmas Strongboxes are in Merry Mayhem Instances?

Is this your complain? I can tell you that common Mobs on Calypso never ever looted Christmas Strongboxes either the only mobs I ever looted Christmas Stronboxes was in Merry Mayhem Instances.

I would like to ask what's the reasoning of your comment, people will complain when something good for them is taken away, that's all. The rare thing would be that no one complains.

If they never dropped in the first place there would be no complain, but because they did and suddenly they took it away there is. That's all it is.

Back