Christmas Strongboxes on other planets

You can tell , but that doesn't make it true.
I remember looting seasonal boxes from normal mobs. I found some proof for summer boxes here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...turity-do-not-drop-summer-strongboxes.261604/
Will have to dig deeper to find the mob that used to drop xmas boxes, but I think in the early years they could drop from normal mobs like atrox.

You are right, Longtooth are a common mob on Calypso o_O , btw where is the Longtooth spawn atm on Calypso? - :cool:

So you say because two years ago in a event mob, Longtooth, Strongboxes dropped in loot that a COMMON Mob on Calypso drops Stronboxes?

What I can tell you is that when two years ago a not common but Event Mob on Calypso dropped Strongboxes this is not a Argument to reason that today when Strongboxes drop only from Mayhem Mobs that common Mobs on another Planet also should drop Strongboxes. Certainly in my view it most probably was a bug that common mobs on other planets dropped Strongboxes.

Common mobs on other planets were able to loot seasonal boxes because for the longest time only Calypso had access to the related events even though MA advertised those events as platform wide and not planet specific. Making the bias MA has towards Calypso a bit less obvious (not really...).

Only Mindark has control over loot mechanisms, loot tables and item drop rate. So this was absolutely NOT an oversight or a mistake.

Is this news to some people? It has been like this for years.

And guess what, at this very moment only Calypso has access to FFA.

Last edited:
Over the years FFA was only available in caly and i beleive to balance other pp some mobs on pp use to drop boxes but this year cause of the armor on cyrene most people left caly and went to cyrene for armor and found boxes were easily available .

MA thought meh the armor took all our revenue from FFA so they disabled it and most people left but still lots of people stayed in cyrene as they found boxes were easily available so MA took another step and made the boxes way more rare and now FFA is full of people and MA counting money :D

This is my theory :D

Do I understand you correctly that you complain that Christmas Stronboxes dont loot anymore from common Mobs on planets like Arkadia, Cyren or ROCKtropia?
That the only place you can loot Christmas Strongboxes are in Merry Mayhem Instances?

Is this your complain? I can tell you that common Mobs on Calypso never ever looted Christmas Strongboxes either the only mobs I ever looted Christmas Stronboxes was in Merry Mayhem Instances.
I would like to clarify, although I did it several times, I am against M. A cutting loot and quests on other planets for the sake of Calypso just because they caught fire. What about partners who are deprived of the right to speak? Who will want to develop their projects knowing that as soon as people start to be interested in them, M. A will immediately turn off everything to hell, and will silently pretend that nothing happened, and in a week will release an update for Kali with some useless backpack! How to develop planets in such conditions?

Back