Claim your own Swiss mountain!

Solaris

Elite
Society
Perseus
Robin Solaris
Claim your own summit in New Swiss here!

Its not easy, but its free to join and its a mountain of joy :D

Rules:
  1. Climb a mountain not yet claimed by other colonists.
  2. Stand on the top.
  3. Wave.
  4. Hit "P" to get position and altitude.
  5. Hit "M" to get a mapview.
  6. Take a screenshot from the most scenic angle.
  7. Upload the picture here.
  8. Give your mountain a name.
  9. You may claim as many mountains you want.
  10. Time of posting the screenshot will determine who conqurred first.

Prizes:
Name prize - your right to name a concurred mountain as you wish, for all eternity.
Future lodge prize - your right to build your own mountain lodge on your mountain as soon as MA release the housebuilding-profession.
Highest summit prize - 1800 EFD and a full tt mining set, complete with 10 bombs and 10 probes.

Final:
This event will stop sometime during the summer (july), when no more summits wish to be robbed their virginity.

Donation of EFD for the price recieved from MindBuster and Lareka with gratitude!

My humble first claim:
At altitude 486 meter "Solaris' Swiss Summit"
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Last edited:
Does the mountain have to be in the new area of Amethera?

Mt. Trux I (420m)

Mt. Trux II (420m)
(two nearby peaks of one and the same mountain)

i had a nice walk up there :)

i also climbed another peak, but i clipped somehow through the terrain and couldn't get my avi visible :/ also, lacking oxygen in these altitudes, i couldn't read my alti right, and, funnily, i saw bubbles in the air, like i'd be swimming.. lol... if it counts as 'climbed' anyway, i'd like to call this one..

Pk. Anti (alt. unknown, out of altimeter-range, or the climber suffered some seriuos lack of oxygen up there.. )

trux

edit: very nice event :) + rep

maybe we could do this also with other landmarks, if anyone would keep the map updated that would make the game more community-shaped.. good thing :)

i might have seen one of those guys, in a snowstorm..

Last edited:
you should add the rule that one has to defend "his/her" mountain for 12 hours or so ;)

funny event anyways!

i call it mount Eron :rolleyes:

This is my mountain :silly2: ,Mount Snow :)

Last edited:
Moonfish Mountain

The Mountain - East of the TP... Moonfish Mountain

401M

Another, slightly further east - the large area one - even higher - seems 500 M is the max - then the reading seems to go to 1 again...

499M & Higher

Love the Mountains....:yay::wtg::yay:

Moonfish

Great climbers we got here on Amethera :yay:

Added one little extra rule, that a map window must be open in the screenshot as well. It will help me a lot when I make the "whos who in the Swiss Alps" map.

Sorry to see the discovery that mountains cant assume more than 499m altitude in this universe. I will send a support claim to MA at once ;)

Now all we need are small flags and the ability to write our name on the flag :D

Does the mountain have to be in the new area of Amethera?

Not only must it be in the new area of Amethera, but the Swiss Alp region only. Yes indeed :)

expedition was sucessful to..

Chi Unit Peak (453m)

trux

Woot!!! :yay: great job my friend:wtg::wtg::wtg:

thx maat :) was a pleasure ;)

here comes another one:

Mt. Neverrest (430m) (got the joke?)

now i will pause for today, to give you other mountaineers a chance to get a summit too ;)
thx sol, this event gave me the same kind of fun as TP-running did when i was an unarmed noobie. priceless :)

couldn't resist... (mountaholic)

Patscherkofel (401m)

some more postcard-views from Patscherkofel (pronounce: pucherkawfle):

trux

This bitch took forever to climb, do i get a prize? :silly2:
Stupid bug occured at about 500 metres. It made the climb a little easier, but i cant see myself :rolleyes:

This bitch took forever to climb, do i get a prize? :silly2:
Stupid bug occured at about 500 metres. It made the climb a little easier, but i cant see myself :rolleyes:

Huge one (608m) :eek: Does it got a name?

And it seems your not even all the way on the top?

How did the altitude bug work for you - since you did get above 499m?

Huge one (608m) :eek: Does it get a name?

And it seems your not even all the way on the top?

How did the altitude bug work for you - since you did get above 499m?

I cant remember quite when i got bugged, or the altitude.

I took a few measurements from its different summits, the one im standing on is the Highest :)
(I think i pressed P whilst stood on the summit you can see)

Respectfully i notice Moonish also conquered this summit aswell, however left it un-named, so if no one minds... Gloryhound peak ;)
(i know i changed it) lol

Edit: I notice Trux did aswell

Last edited:
Here it is.
Amberrabbid Peak,

there is a huge tree just on the north side (I think it was) just before you start climbing, was cool :) Unfortunally didnt take a pic of it.
Its not the same mountain as yours Solaris, as yours is the one just South of this one!

However, just like Trux, I got the invisiblity bug, and for some reason it only said "5" in altitude. And when I started walking down again, it started going in minus in altitude..

Dropped a bomb to prove I was there:

I also got some claims there that went invisible, and I therefore couldnt get to. Couldnt find them. And when pressing P, I was suddenly -142 in altitude. After I started walking DOWN from the mountain.
Also, funnily enough, when I was walking down from it, it wouldnt let me walk down any further after a certain point. Like a big wall keeping me from going down from the mountain. Had to T! and when I T'ed I finally lost my invisibility.

Scenery:

couldn't resist... (mountaholic)

Patscherkofel (401m)

some more postcard-views from Patscherkofel (pronounce: pucherkawfle):

trux

:yay::yay::yay:

a Bergsteiger ;)

They soon have to rename the region to "NEW AUSTRIA"

gratz ;)

I took a few measurements from its different summits, the one im standing on is the Highest :)

Respectfully i notice Moonish has also conquered this summit aswell, however left it un-named, so if no one minds... Gloryhound peak ;)

hey, i was there first (look my 1st post in this thread).. but it's ok, i couldn't get my alti working up there, and my avi wasn't on the pic.. ;)

Respectfully i notice Moonish has also conquered this summit aswell, however left it un-named, so if no one minds... Gloryhound peak ;)

Just the one for me,, Gratzzz on the Climb Dilly... You Claim it np... :yay:

Moonfish

hey ppl i must tell ya... those mountains are busted... if u go higher then around 503 m then u fall through it and u cant climb it.. i tried multiple mountains.. the 2nd big one east of new switzerland, the big one norht of the lake.. i tried to climb 6 big mountains.. fell through all of them right after the 500 m mark... i hope MA will fix it..

btw just remembered.. not even dillys climb is the biggest, if i remember correct, me and dilly climbed the mountain in the snowy area (the south islands NE shore) and its altitude was around 695- 697 at the very peak..

I call it Mt. Mojo

If you swim in from Oshiri, its the first one you see, and its the one you look from the televator in the sw dir. I could look at it all day :silly2:

Last edited:
Mt Devildog

my entry 427 meters

Last edited:
Mt Bury

Dang this is as high as you can go, 418 meters. the rest is straight up corners.

I am claiming Mt Bury for my old hunting partner.

You won't get any higher on this hill but you can try ;)

Now, if that is not a witty competition, I don't know what is :).
+Rep for Solaris for a neat PED saving idea and +Pic for the gallery.

Might even +rep MA for the mountains and New Switz, too ... makes me feel so at home ;)

Mount Mil

R-K2

Doh, can't rep you mate, so just donate some EFD for the good cause ...

Last edited:

Ok, i wanted a mountain close to tp but still one that kicks ass so this one is now taged......

heres another pic....

this mountain is now called "Mt.Gunz" i will be wanting a 5% mining tax on it u can pm me on ef if u want to give me tax ;)

(482m)

something new?

not a mountain top but cool fire

First = Nice Hill canceled! Sorry Gunzi its your Mt. Gunz

Second = Little Rock

Third = Crazy

Last edited:
Back