Suggestion: Clean the game from Alts.

Johaoninho90

Prowler
Jo Johaoninho90 jo
Hello,

I suggest Entropia Universe to start fighting ALTS exploiters,

I don't know if that's possible, but if the game could ban all players using VPN or any type of IP changer, and ask all accounts with same IP adress to verify their idendites in order to proove they are differents users in same house, i believe a % of alts will radically disapear.

Hello,

I suggest Entropia Universe to start fighting ALTS exploiters,

I don't know if that's possible, but if the game could ban all players using VPN or any type of IP changer, and ask all accounts with same IP adress to verify their idendites in order to proove they are differents users in same house, i believe a % of alts will radically disapear.
Isn't this already a practice that MindArk follows when a withdrawal is lodged? If they pick up on in-trading between accounts of the same IP they will request proof of ownership of those accounts.

I don't see that path as being a good solution, but I think the topic is important!

I believe MA should remove all account restrictions, tbh. Customers are customers, turnover is turnover. Let all have the advantages and disadvantages of multiple accounts, but then maybe MA needs to pay more than zero attention to various 'mechanisms'.

Not easy for them either, to be fair to them, how to create a fair and open RCE game with rules that are enforced...!

Isn't this already a practice that MindArk follows when a withdrawal is lodged? If they pick up on in-trading between accounts of the same IP they will request proof of ownership of those accounts.
I didn't know, if they do it's already good indeed, but isn't it too late to verify at withdraw step ? I mean would be nice to not allow at all suspicious account to make 1 step in the game and it's economy.

Alts is not that big of problem, as using one well geared char 24/7, which can farm mu constantly and withdraw every week.
And it's much easier to block account which never sleeps, than to find alts, as they can use vpn.

And despite we all see some chars globbing all day, MA pretend to do not see it. That's the problem.

4 students in a house, 4 accoutn, 1 router.,. who is on keyboard?
2 parents and 11 kinds at home, 3 accounts, who is on keyboard?
ke and my gf, same house, is it a legit dual account? i prepare coffe, set her account to craft machine and kill some kerberos on mine, am i ALTing?
this rule is simply useless and impossibile to enforce.....
the only place and time when it matters is in mayhem, there is another thread that deals with passing items to "possible alt accounts"
to me as long as they pay for ammo, is nto a matter :)

4 students in a house, 4 accoutn, 1 router.,. who is on keyboard?
2 parents and 11 kinds at home, 3 accounts, who is on keyboard?
ke and my gf, same house, is it a legit dual account? i prepare coffe, set her account to craft machine and kill some kerberos on mine, am i ALTing?
this rule is simply useless and impossibile to enforce.....
the only place and time when it matters is in mayhem, there is another thread that deals with passing items to "possible alt accounts"
to me as long as they pay for ammo, is nto a matter :)
It's what i mean, if the 4 students in a house like to play entropian they will accept to verify their ID.
2 parents and 11kids, and 3 accounts is not same thing, but you can also ask 3 accounts to verify their ID.
you and your gf, same house you can verify your ID... no matter who's playing on your account atm its verified.

It's important to clean the game from alts exploiters. Those pumping sweat for example...Or those gearing two avatars, why doing that? it can only be to exploit the game and make chance to have 2 account ranked in game events ?!

I didn't know, if they do it's already good indeed, but isn't it too late to verify at withdraw step ? I mean would be nice to not allow at all suspicious account to make 1 step in the game and it's economy.
In fact its in their interests to hold of until a withdrawal is lodged. Everything prior to a withdraw is sunk PED. Profit is only made back upon a withdrawal. Banned avatars can't deposit or cycle.

ok i register 10 acccount
1 at me,
2 at wife
4 at our parents
3 to neighbor while we get a dinner

10 accounts all verirficed in email and ID cards
i order a truck of red bull, 2 kilo meth and some liter of coffee.....
what did you enforece?
this i mean it it impossible to enforce anything
and i can have 10 cellphones with 10 second level security too
my point is.. as long as you loose ped its ok
when you want to transfor digital garbasge in spendable EURO it is another matter

i said in antoher post. ....
if i make a 500k HOF and keep PED in game MA loose no liquidity pool for company.
if i make a 1000 ped hof and recall 100 usd... it is a loss of liquidity for MA

it is just pixel...... until recall money request

Same IP may not be simply family and readily checked, what about friends visiting for gaming nights, (I used to play at same time as son and 3 or 4 of his mates), but also consider tower blocks where internet is provided, student halls of residence etc, there are a lot of reasons for shared IP usage.
Also proof of ID for a 2nd person actually proves nothing. One could copy the ID of a family member and send it in.
Also unreasonable for MA to insist all accounts have depo arrangements set up, firstly cos they advertise it as a free to play game, and secondly younger players may not yet have a bank account, but be free to play, or bank of Mum and Dad.
Partners often have joint bank accounts and as far as I know MA does not allow 2 people to use same account, thereby forcing couples to have 1 person depo and then xfer cash to the other.
Its therefore a mess all too easily exploited by Alts.

Yes, the mess is unfair because it is exploited. The saying "If you can't beat them, join them" is one that should not be left to players that just want a level playing field and are tempted to try and get it.
I also dislike this whole proof of existence, family, friends and dog stuff.
Just allow people to have characters as they wish. I don't see how it can really affect stuff like anti-laundering and so compared to what we have now either, just to mention stuff that is obviously also important in an RCE environment.

Couple of things - 1st with ref to the use of VPN's in Entropia. I have 300 mbs up and down and average ping of 3 m/s. If I run the VPN and then play EU I get lag so I do not use the VPN for playing EU. Second my son had a genuine account. He tried unsuccessfully to log into one day and both his and my accounts were locked. I got mine unlocked but they would not unlock his as they claimed I was using it as an alt. Due to his age when the account was opened I was unable to send his ID as they changed the rules on age for having an account. I did not want to challenge them further at risk of having my own account locked which I have played almost daily for 9 years. What annoys me is that I know there are many long term players who run alts for things like Auction and manufacturing, Especially on EP's. My only other comment is they were so quick to lock mine and my sons account, yet there are others who have been doing this for years with no repercussions.

I agree with the OP in that I think more needs to be done.

This is not an ordinary game, yet so many ordinary games who do not deal in real cash, have a much stricter verification process.

I would think a tiered approach might be best to not scare away new players whilst ensuring real players are not having to suffer the consequences of those hiding behind alts. It is important for example when dealing with a trade that you know you are dealing with real individuals and not made up accounts, not to mention the huge amount of troll accounts.

Just to downlaod and stay in the new player area should be just entering your details. If you would like to leave from there, and enter a world where you will be trading with real life people and their money then the very least there should be credit/debit card verification listed under your name, and /or backed up by ID. Depending on which way was the best in proving a real identity. This would also help in the case of reduing alt avatars created specifically to grief established players.

I share an IP with an Entropian, MA have all our details and ID. It's never been an issue. We updated them when they would likely see us using the same IP.

I also think this being an official forum, the accounts should be verified to a verified avatar, or be limited to read only until they are. Many decent games have this, a real cash economy should be running the gold standard in account security and verification.

Yeah alts are a real issue and it's dissapointing to see them strive, including here on the forum. I just don't see how MA can solve this. How can they know if someone has a real family member playing the game, or someone just submitted their relative's ID and is in control of two or more avatars. They would have to police everyone who does this to see if they're actually playing or just doing their relative's bidding, I don't think MA has the manpower to do this, and even if they did, the results of such an investigation may be inconclusive and/or impossible to proove beyond the shadow of a doubt.

So I don't see how MA can deal with those who run one or even multiple alts, it's dissapointing since this does provide certain advantages. As a solution, idk, maybe allow every account to control multiple avatars? This would level the playing field a little bit at least. It's also a problem on this forum, but this one can be solved easily by tying accounts to their respective avatars.

Isn't sharing a keyboard and a mouse a thing in the EU? I recorded a video of how a very well-known player and his "wife" were hunting in gorgon waves and they never moved nor turned nor picked a mob at the same time, even reviving was delayed when one died. So I thought to myself that they most likely share a keyboard and a mouse...

Before anything, MA only needs to use common sense or they just do not care!

Couple of things - 1st with ref to the use of VPN's in Entropia. I have 300 mbs up and down and average ping of 3 m/s. If I run the VPN and then play EU I get lag so I do not use the VPN for playing EU. Second my son had a genuine account. He tried unsuccessfully to log into one day and both his and my accounts were locked. I got mine unlocked but they would not unlock his as they claimed I was using it as an alt. Due to his age when the account was opened I was unable to send his ID as they changed the rules on age for having an account. I did not want to challenge them further at risk of having my own account locked which I have played almost daily for 9 years. What annoys me is that I know there are many long term players who run alts for things like Auction and manufacturing, Especially on EP's. My only other comment is they were so quick to lock mine and my sons account, yet there are others who have been doing this for years with no repercussions.

Yes and it's a real shame. I know of 1 instance where a guy and his wife had been playing Entropia and the guy uses his wife's account ALL THE TIME to gain 30 additional slots on the auction. His wife hardly ever plays anymore and so he just uses the account to gain an unfair advantage.

I agree with the OP in that I think more needs to be done.

This is not an ordinary game, yet so many ordinary games who do not deal in real cash, have a much stricter verification process.

I would think a tiered approach might be best to not scare away new players whilst ensuring real players are not having to suffer the consequences of those hiding behind alts. It is important for example when dealing with a trade that you know you are dealing with real individuals and not made up accounts, not to mention the huge amount of troll accounts.

Just to downlaod and stay in the new player area should be just entering your details. If you would like to leave from there, and enter a world where you will be trading with real life people and their money then the very least there should be credit/debit card verification listed under your name, and /or backed up by ID. Depending on which way was the best in proving a real identity. This would also help in the case of reduing alt avatars created specifically to grief established players.

I share an IP with an Entropian, MA have all our details and ID. It's never been an issue. We updated them when they would likely see us using the same IP.

I also think this being an official forum, the accounts should be verified to a verified avatar, or be limited to read only until they are. Many decent games have this, a real cash economy should be running the gold standard in account security and verification.

I appreciate the respect you have for the rules and I think your suggestions are pretty good.

Yeah alts are a real issue and it's dissapointing to see them strive, including here on the forum. I just don't see how MA can solve this. How can they know if someone has a real family member playing the game, or someone just submitted their relative's ID and is in control of two or more avatars. They would have to police everyone who does this to see if they're actually playing or just doing their relative's bidding, I don't think MA has the manpower to do this, and even if they did, the results of such an investigation may be inconclusive and/or impossible to proove beyond the shadow of a doubt.

So I don't see how MA can deal with those who run one or even multiple alts, it's dissapointing since this does provide certain advantages. As a solution, idk, maybe allow every account to control multiple avatars? This would level the playing field a little bit at least. It's also a problem on this forum, but this one can be solved easily by tying accounts to their respective avatars.

The only "real" repercussion comes at the time of succession, when the real person dies. It is expressely written in the rules that a person is only allowed 1 account, so if MA finds out the person was actually operating more than 1, they risk forfeiting everything in all of the accounts he or she had.

For that reason I will NEVER create an alt.

Yes and it's a real shame. I know of 1 instance where a guy and his wife had been playing Entropia and the guy uses his wife's account ALL THE TIME to gain 30 additional slots on the auction. His wife hardly ever plays anymore and so he just uses the account to gain an unfair advantage.

I appreciate the respect you have for the rules and I think your suggestions are pretty good.

The only "real" repercussion comes at the time of succession, when the real person dies. It is expressely written in the rules that a person is only allowed 1 account, so if MA finds out the person was actually operating more than 1, they risk forfeiting everything in all of the accounts he or she had.

For that reason I will NEVER create an alt.
You are only allowed to have one account but when you die the inhertors are allowed to use your account.

You are only allowed to have one account but when you die the inhertors are allowed to use your account.
Is this actually true ? A soc member of ours sadly passed away earlier in the year. What is the stand point on his account. I know that his daughter has access to the account. Is she allowed to pass that account on to another person, or is only she allowed to access it ?

I 100% agree Bonnie. It's so laughable how many "alt" forum accounts pop up to sell the same gear over and over.

Like "Hi, I have 7 posts in my entire history on this forum, I'm selling some random tier 10 uber gun and I clearly want to hide my identity so I created this fake forum account even though you all know who this gear belongs to..."

get the f out of here ppl.

I've reported a shitload of alts to MA in these last years, yet I still see the same names listing armatrix weapons on auction with 0 globals on entropialife.

Conclusion: MA doesn't seem to give a fuck, they can't do anything if the alts can verify their identity.

Last edited:
Is this actually true ? A soc member of ours sadly passed away earlier in the year. What is the stand point on his account. I know that his daughter has access to the account. Is she allowed to pass that account on to another person, or is only she allowed to access it ?
Yes I hadn't mentioned it if it wasn't. :) One account per user still applies so the one who start use the account can't not
already have one active account. So either register account on someone that don't have an active account or delete
one of the two accounts.

While i was reading this thread, about alts, which i think is a really big problem, this came up to the head.

The update to Unreal Engine 5, what i understand is that the minimum specs of your computer requirement to run entropia will be higher "have not read much about minimum requirement for the engine, so dont know if what i am saying make sense"

This may mean and happen, is, it will be harder for ppl having mutiple alts as bots, that are on at the same time, why you may ask?

The profit you get from a sweat bots will decrease becuse the requirement to run the game is higher, and runing multipel virtual pc Environments whit entropia at the same time on one computer will take away to much of the computer. If someone is having 5 virtual machines up and runing with sweat bots now, this person after the update to Unreal engine 5, might only have 1 virtual pc? and to get those 5 alt back on 5 virtual pc will require an more heavy investment to the computer to get those 5 functional without pc crashing or burning up. when Comparing the investment for future profit the person may get on having those 5 alts bot back sweating, may be hard to justify and probably will end in no upgrade to pc, and we get those 4 alts bot sweater away from entropia, or hopefully the person see no reason to sweat bot at all anymore.

Sure this doesent mean that all alt bots will go away, but we might see less of them. Maybe 1-2 alts per computer on the same time?

I am not saying that the update to Unreal engine 5 will solve everything about this, but it may make a small impact to improve our game eco system.

This my food for toughts.

"English is not my native tongue"

Last edited:
regarding sweat bot... pulling 300 bottles 24/7 means 1 dollar per day
if someone uses a computer for such wage i think he deserve that
modest tip... maybe he live in some place where he can survive with it....

i find worse a "healing bot" keeping alive your avatar and save on the
cost of killing usually out of skill level mobs

i totally back Bonnie post on connecting forum accounts to game avatar
even if someone could register an avatar just to get forum access
i spotted myself an user created 2 hour before offering on a top tier item....

also i love the idea that "thule" is free zone then you need to verify ID to
get access to the world map.
at least there is one real ID behind every avatar and a credirt card tied to it.
not because everyone must deposit, but because ID check is a MUST for financial
entity so we are sure that there is a real name behind it even if not gaming.

The theme of shared account of wife and husband... it is pure madness :)
send them immediately to the bank to split account, LOL

This forum gives good ideas and i think is pretty ensured that there is no way
to avoid ppl to have alt characters, or to share account and rotate on keyboard.
we just need to understand what real impact it has...

i see only people lamenting "my drop is sh*t"... teh same ppl that lament for
bad drop does not want other to loose on 1 2 3 10 avatars... so ?
if drop is a sh*t let all bot, triple avatar and loose their part....
if you love to lament then stop and say "i can sell my loot and game for free or "profit"
if you think "just some" win... it is pure conspiration theory.....random engine is same
for all the universe.
and for those in love of "2.0 uber efficient pedprinter bullshit guns"
look at biggest loot, ask what weapon the hunter uses, how much he cycle and
what he gets in profit deductiong cost to kill... i am sure many would be surprised
to see that in a migration just selling box (and if you are lucky an ESI) is the profit
part, and usual return are the same as per a normal avatar.....

so in my humble opinion it is more annoying ahve some trolls or fake sellers or bidder
in the forum than hunters in game on 2 accounts.
and as a last word... if i had an alt to sit in front of the crafting machine crafting
my drops while i go to get more, i see no damage for the community.
a yog horror pet in mayhem was a damage....

Today Entropuia life show that last month just 3854 unique hunters contributed data
let's make all alt mandatory a registration with entropialife :)

Yes I hadn't mentioned it if it wasn't. :) One account per user still applies so the one who start use the account can't not
already have one active account. So either register account on someone that don't have an active account or delete
one of the two accounts.
Ok thanks (y)

If you think that an Alt crafting while another Alt is Hunting is not impacting the game, then you don't realise how bad the exploit affects the players and the economy. It's a bit like if you could clone yourself and send your clone to work while you stay home and clean the house. You would take the place of a potential 3rd par, that could clean your house for example. ← just an example*

as i said.. seems that everyone i making profit in game
so if someone more hunts is a disaster.....

i wonder with epic game store players inflow..... :)

think it this way
we are 4 friends and like to spend time in game
1 hunt
2 mine
3 craft
4 trade
now think about the 4 avatars in the same room and the one
that is crafting goes to date a FFXiV healer.....
and friends 1 2 4 are in the room and trade items to crafter.... what is different?

Back