Clothes & Armor Decay protest

ElanorPL

Alpha
Elanor Elanor Gamgee
This is way too much for me. I've always enjoyed shifting my clothes, combining possibilities, trying various suits on.

Now it's gone. Instead of - for example - proposed by players system which make you able to try on the clothe without buying,they made this :
The increased detail of armor and clothing will demand more system performance. In an attempt to stave off a lag increase, a deterioration of 2 PEC per item has been introduced when equipping garments and armor. Increased realism will make clothes look more worn as their condition diminishes.
This is the proof of blowing off the customers feelings, not counting with their opinion. ''lag increase''??! This is BULLSHIT!
Advertises create much more lag,haha, and you're fine with this. As well as hunting, mining, crafting,etc.. This is the proof *they* consider us as idiots.

I'm going to send a support case about this. I propose everyone who agree with me to do the same, or even just sign here, then we could send the link to that unbelievable greedy people, who can't stand enjoying anything without paying for it.
You forgot that game must also give some FUN to make customers pay for it.

Copy/paste support file:
Dear MA,

I am protesting against armor&clothes decay.You nerfed the clothes market and killed one of my favourite activities in game.You've obviously forgot that game must also give some FUN to make customers pay for it.
I'd also like to point your stupidity out: How are you going to get marketing screenshots and movies of the expensive new engine when anyone who wishes to protest about this will simply run around naked? And believe that there are most of active players,if not all of them.

Also you try to treat us as idiots with your explanation on this case. You can be sure I'll protest as long as this shameful feature of EU remains.
Regards

PROTEST:
-wear OJ or nothing
-don't hunt, craft, mine, pk etc.
-IF you really have to hunt don't wear armor..but better don't, you can sweat instead ;)
-do ANYTHING to show that YOU are the customer and they should count with your opinion!
-remember to send a support case

Take your time, send it and JOIN THE PROTEST, otherwise we'll have to pay for simply admiring the views soon!
Let's unite for God's sake.

A banner made by soothsayer:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Last edited:
Lucinda has a good Idea

Well I'm going to make my ava cease hunting, crafting, mining and just wear the orange death row suit in protest until they end the change clothes/armour tax.

Back to just trading for me.

Let's folow her example.

Elanor write a copy/paste support case here and i guess a lot of ppl will send it.
Better than just a few with a link to the thread ... anyway count me in

Last edited:
I'm in! :mad: :mad:

Aries "MrBrown" Voom

Lets follow Lucinda and just wear OJs until it is fixed!

Hehe, quoting another smart person:
MORE IMPORTANTLY, providing an instant and highly visible rebellion method, as
anyone who wishes to protest about this will simply run around naked.

How are they going to get marketing screenshots and movies of the expensive new engine then?

I'm stunned at the stupidity.....

I'll try to create such a copy/paste supp. case, or maybe let someone who is better than me in english do it?

consider me signed in too, lets hope customer power works

i really need a copy/past support case ... if i have to write my own it will be soo far away from polite.....

I am IN this is a disgrace......

MA you should be ashamed of the blatent raping of your community......

Just because you CAN doesnt mean you SHOULD!!!!!!!

HOW is your bank account going to look when noone hunts for even one day MA........

The Buck Stops Here

Increased realism will make clothes look more worn as their condition diminishes.

I'm simply stunned by this statement. Thus, I must ask was this "increased realism" the inspiration for a brilliant idea of not allowing the hunters to use the terrain advantages in order to gain an obvious...advantage over the mob? Is it more real to make the mob invincible once it cannot reach its target?

I would sugest :

1) all player against the 2 pec decay send support case evryday

2a) Increase server load and lag on purpose , this mean pay those 12 or 14 ped decay , but keep evrything on you in town , and create as much bandwith consuption as possible.
The use of a very low decaying armor for the eco people , like pixie :) as for clothe , add up evrything you can.

2b) wear allways OJ , but this wont show anything but that the game if full of noob.

Insane ....

:... totally agree on this.... as if were not beeing ripped (!!!!!) enough as it is... with bad loot etc... now they take charge of a recent funny part as well .... WHEN IS ENOUGH greed for u MA ???

My point is youll end up with a VERY small player base soon ....and we all sincere hope for some nice competitors to arise soon .... :)

running naked or in OJ´s seem like a very good idea....

and cease all COST activities for a while... +rep

HEAR the ppl. MA .... Just for once....

Support case sent:

Support Case 119601 history
09 Oct 2007 You wrote:
Hi there,

The new VU looks (on paper) interesting, except the issue of 2 pec decay/item at equiping.

Let me ask this straight:

The dude who came up with the idea was drunk or is idiot by nature?

Why should I wear L armour if equiping it would decay it?

Why should I buy any piece of clothing if I have to pay to change them? Changing clothes is the basic idea of owning clothing in a VR environment, why to force players into such thing?

As protest, I'll wear only OJ and pixie until this greedy feature is removed.

(Paradoxal, how is possible in an otherwise splendind VU to implement such piece of uncommon dung?)

Add me to the nekkid/OJ wearers :mad::mad:

You people just don't know your psychology ...........

We've just been hit by a classic sandwich technique,

"always" put 1 thing of bad between 2 things of good.

Lest we never forget the law of "soverign immunity" ........

The king can do no wrong.

But engineers ..... they are never finished fixing something until they've broken it completely.

This little cluster fluck ought to increase the churn rate of this game quite nicely.

I expect esi prices to explode upwards as middle and lower skill players depart from this game by the hundreds (not that there's really that many players now)

New ideas in fashion:

naked crafting and mining.

Hunting will soon go the way of the dodo.

I agree something has to be done! I have different armor pieces that i wear when im in town then when im hunting! And there L! ARGG!! Put my name down...if theres a list

Geez MA, aren´t you taking enough from us already....

This will end up with a universe with lots of OJ clothed people or a universe of dirty hobos...

Enough is enough!! :mad:

It's just another way for MA to take more and more money from its customers.

Personally IRL, I dont think my underwear, clothes and shoes loose durability, if I take them off to change or take a shower ? Hmmm, yes it really does support realism in the game doesnt it ?

Im just going to eco hunt without armor, and wear my 1 favorite outfit from now on, until MA changes this stupid stupid stupid STUPID STUPID STUPID 'realism'

First post updated!

Copy/paste support file:
Dear MA,

I am protesting against armor&clothes decay.You nerfed the clothes market and killed one of my favourite activities in game.You've obviously forgot that game must also give some FUN to make customers pay for it.
I'd also like to point your stupidity out: How are you going to get marketing screenshots and movies of the expensive new engine when anyone who wishes to protest about this will simply run around naked? And believe that there are most of active players,if not all of them.

Also you try to treat us as idiots with your explanation on this case. You can be sure I'll protest as long as this shameful feature of EU remains.
Regards

If anybody have something to add or improve, he/she will be welcome.

GO GO Power OJ's! :D

count me in on this protest against yet another tax!!!!:mad::mad:

I TT my OJ's the second we were able to do it but i'll join the protest by walking naked around that virtual universe.

If they don't change that i'm out of this "game" !! IRL government does tax me enough !!!

I think clothes are meant to decay, and this is one way to implement it. I don't get armor decay when equipping or unequipping them.

More challenge to fashion sector: more skills required to produce better clothing, and I suspect more L-clothing is on the way (or already there, to be discovered)

No support-case from me.

Aaaw

Well, well, I'm still at the office at the moment. But as I read that, this really seems so unfair. Especially on those people who bought that many clothes to show off and feel good with it.
Everyone was waiting for that brilliant release 9.0. I guess it will end up in a nightmare...

Count me in Etopia, I'm radically against that kind of ideas... Clothes that look worn off seems a nice idea. I thought this was comming up, clothes-decay as they implemented the 3% (how do you call it) on it a VU ago.

A pity, dissapointing, and unfair...
That's all I can say. :(

Cheers,
VinzZ

This is way too much for me. I've always enjoyed shifting my clothes, combining possibilities, trying various suits on.

Now it's gone. Instead of - for example - proposed by players system which make you able to try on the clothe without buying,they made this :

This is the prove of blowing off the customers feelings, not counting with their opinion. ''lag increase''??! This is BULLSHIT!
Advertises create much more lag,haha, and you're fine with this. As well as hunting, mining, crafting,etc.. This is the prove *they* consider us as idiots.

I'm going to send a support case about this. I propose everyone who agree with me to do the same, or even just sign here, then we could send the link to that unbelievable greedy people, who can't stand enjoying anything without paying for it.
You forgot that game must also give some FUN to make customers pay for it.

Regards

Copy/paste support file:
Dear MA,

Regards

PROTEST:
-wear OJ
-don't hunt, craft, mine, pk etc.
-IF you really have to hunt don't wear armor..but better don't, you can sweat instead ;)

Take your time, send it and JOIN THE PROTEST, otherwise we'll have to pay for simply admiring the views soon!
Let's unite for God's sake.

+rep
ElanorPL

That's right. We are huge community. Let's act like community, we can make changes. All entropians unite! For those who don't use forum, we should organize meetings ingame.

Viva La Revolution!

I'm against this protest...for me, new decay system is something what should be implemented before...it gives realism and something else...ppl like elanor will have to repair their "crafting clothes collection" or throw away to look good :)

yeah...Looted Coats FTW!! (lime coat full tt 15ped yeah:p )

This is the best way for MA to make a person like me to quit. I play alot to promote EU, I run in noobs town in rare cloth and a full hermes. Guess who will do that in OJ now.

This is pure swedish idioti! WHY THE HELL should I have a armour for the look when I can't put it on and more relevant, can't repair it after some put ons.

Please MA, reconsider this. My hermes don't cost 2 pec to put on, parts are 1600% and not reparable. So for a set to put on is more like 4 Ped. And then you HAVE to take it of so you can put your normal armour on for hunt, 4 ped more in loose and then another 12 pec for the other armour, not to talk if you whant to change cloth, or try out cloth to an armour, with look good to what, would cost 200 0000 0 00 0 0 0000 0 00 0000 Ped..

Go to hell, and may the ped be with you down there. This is pure "let's get more money from the players"

WHY NOT MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE ONE PAR "WEAR OUTFIT" WITH YOU?
Then you will have to run to Store for a change, but hey, in real life you need to do that too, you can run around with 30 pair of jeans, but only change when in store, closet?

Not need to pay to change.. thats just lame! Lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame

Back