C'mon Aussie, C'mon!

Hmmm... Australia's run there would have earned them 181 points... very possibly 194 with the 13 extra for highest loot with that Foul HoF.... so it looks like the benchmark is set.... score 200 or try harder!

(Christ, it was 40 for a good qualifying score last year....)

Hurrikane

C'mon the underdogs ;)

It was great to see our country doing so well in the practice run last night... I kept getting pm's from people noticing the Aussie name scrolling up through the globals. I think we did our country proud last night!!!!

The hunters did really really well last night and we should get through the qualifiers putting up a fight like that!!

Well done team :yay:

Hi Guys,

Glad I made it to practice, was great fun slaughtering those Phasms :wtg:. The spawn was huge and Mulga was a fantastic doctor (Sorry to leave you out there after i ctd, but had to go :()

Looking forward to doing it for real on Sunday 10:30am :yay:

Sorry I missed the hunt guys, went camping for the long weekend and just got back...but glad to see all went well with our team having more than enough depth to see us through.

I reckon its going to be a good test to see how we do knowing another team is playing at same time and the scoring being fed back.

If anyone wants me for support from the main hunters let me know if not Serica put me down for support team globalling duties please.

Ok chat later and cya in game tonight if any on!

Bags

Received from 711 earlier...

Forum has been setup. Awaiting your application.

You will now need to have your team members apply for membership into your forum group, so that they can access the forum.

To do this, they must go to the Group Memberships section of the User Control Panel, and apply to the WOF Team Australia usergroup. You will then need to review group join requests, and approve your members before they will be able to access the forum.

I am all joined up and registered (confirmed by Grrrr in-game). Can someone please explain how I now go and view the Group Forum...

Thanks guys
Missa

Thanks for that Serica!

Also, if you don't want to come and click to it through this thread each time, I found out that group memberships show up on the Forums page too... just keep scrolling down, it's towards the bottom of the list.

Cheers
Missa

Hi,
i wont be participating in WoF 2008 but goodluck to all and i hope you HoF much Shaz :)

Cloud

Hi,
i wont be participating in WoF 2008 but goodluck to all and i hope you HoF much Shaz :)

Cloud

Does this mean you won't be participating in a support role? You and Brownlow did a great job the other night, it was excellent. I know it's not the most glamorous role gathering Foul and being support but if that was an actual round we did VERY well, and I am sure I wouldn't have got that HoF had I not had runners.

Thanks for your well wishes.

Shaz Monaro

Sorry to hear that Cloud... all the best

Shaz .. I will be there with bells on.. send me a tune in game if ya want another hit out beforehand.

Gratz to ExoKnight - HOF of the Year

Best Loot Window of 2007

First Place: This HoF doesn't just win the competition, it conquers it! Sure, its a great HoF. And sure, its got a seriously uber item. But just look at that loot window! After going through pages and pages of Hall of Fame entries I thought nothing could move me, but this one turned me into a gawping Rippersnapper. ExoKnight wins HoF of the Year 2007 with a 14588 PED Falxangius Young containing the first discovery of the unlimited Isis LR41 carbine, a limited version of the same weapon, a Polaris Harness, a Cave Painting, and 909k of Oil Residue.

LootWindow.jpg

Oh Mamma

Gratz Exo on achieving HOF of the year.

Well done Exo!!!

I laugh everytime I look at the forums now as we seem to be in nearly everything and everywhere....the new world order starts here!

Oh and I heard a rumour that SA are looking for an Aussie coach for their team....lol

Sledge away!

Bags

Would like to Join the WoF team

Hi,

I always wondered what the WoF globals were, I don't frequent the forumns much, too busy playing EU. But now I have a nice upgrade to my p.c I can run EU in window mode, and browse forumns more actively.

I would like to join the WoF team.
I am lvl46 Laser Sniper, lvl 45 BLp sniper, lvl 24 Evader, lvl 24 Paramedic.

Slot me in on the action anywhere my skills will count.
ingame name : RicK Ninja Hunter

Regards
Ninja

G'day mate,
Welcome aboard :) Unfortunately the WoF squad has been chosen but you are still very welcome to join in a support role capacity. Bonus mobs apply for support so they are indeed a very important part to the equation.

Does this mean you won't be participating in a support role? You and Brownlow did a great job the other night, it was excellent. I know it's not the most glamorous role gathering Foul and being support but if that was an actual round we did VERY well, and I am sure I wouldn't have got that HoF had I not had runners.

Thanks for your well wishes.

Shaz Monaro

Hi Shaz, you could only expect an excellent job from a triple Brownlow medalist :)
I will leave the event up to you guys, there are many able bodied people, but if for some extraordinary reason you yourself got caught out without enough support just PM and i would be there.

All the best
Cloud

G'day mate,
Welcome aboard :) Unfortunately the WoF squad has been chosen but you are still very welcome to join in a support role capacity. Bonus mobs apply for support so they are indeed a very important part to the equation.

Sweet, I'm happy as Larry.

Thnx M8

Ninja

Ello all Aussies!!

Very nice HoF Exo got there, BIG gratz on that one :yay:

But we got TheBuzz.... So... Are you ready for TEAM DENMARK this year? :D

Good luck to Team Australia :p

Dia

Gday Diangel,

You may have the Buzz...but we have a whole team of super Aussies not just one.

You even had to look outside Denmark for a Royal...at least you came to us!

Good luck team Denmark...but if your not sure how we will do, just look over at the WOF08 after party and we will be the ones in green and gold having a laugh over a virtual beer...we dont participate - we MAKE events what they are!

Bags
True blue through and through!

Okay, I have booked us in for 23:30 Saturday (MA time) which is 10:30am Sunday Vic/NSW, 9:30am Qld and 8:30am WA.

Let's try and be organised at least 30 minutes before the WoF kicks off :)

Grrrrrr

Thanks as always for your organisational skills! BTW just hit 89k skills :yay:

Serica

Found what you were after and will pm you with details tonight!

Questions...

Do we have the support members for the main guys yet?

Are those attending the first event have teamspeak installed and know how to use it? (maybe a quick list)

Who in the support team is going to be attending on Sunday?

Do all the support team members need to be registered (I found an old friend who is eligible but not listed)

Am i required to sit with the judges or can i pwn in the name of the support? Either way is good but like the latter....lol

I am making a spreadsheet to help with the scoring.

'I'm excited' as the late BIG Kev would say!

God have mercy on the team we face.....and may lootius smile!

Thats all...for now

Bags

Grrrrrr

Thanks as always for your organisational skills! BTW just hit 89k skills :yay: Gratz on that! :) BTW, come talk to me in game about coming across to SR ;)

Questions...

Do we have the support members for the main guys yet? The support we had Sunday night for the main guys appeared to work very well. Will discuss more with you in game.

Are those attending the first event have teamspeak installed and know how to use it? (maybe a quick list) Most people have it and a few of us used it during the WoF. Instructions on how to access Shaz's ts server is in the private forum.

Who in the support team is going to be attending on Sunday? Anyone is welcome to help support. The more the merrier.

Do all the support team members need to be registered (I found an old friend who is eligible but not listed) No, no registration required for support.

Am i required to sit with the judges or can i pwn in the name of the support? Either way is good but like the latter....lol You don't have to sit with the judges. The important thing is the score keeping of globals/HOF's for the main team and support. Between us all, we should be able to muster all screen shots when submitting our "presentation"

Answers in red :)

Okay, I have booked us in for 23:30 Saturday (MA time) which is 10:30am Sunday Vic/NSW, 9:30am Qld and 8:30am WA.

Let's try and be organised at least 30 minutes before the WoF kicks off :)

Not going to be anytime for church - may Lootius bless us all and may the other team 'Say their prayers". (not that I ever find time for church :p)

Time to open a can of whip ass! My firepower has been upgraded for the event (being World of Firepower it seemed appropriate). Got a H28 Hokipus with A105 amp (and back up A105 amp) which pumps 99 max damage at 52 shots per minute giving a max damage of 5148 per minute - expect to see some quick kills. My M71A1 with E-Amp15 does 103 damage at 30 shots per minute out to 155m range. So all locked and loaded. Still deciding whether beers or coffee will take centre stage during the 3 hour hunt - might switch half way through.

I have my support sorted, Missa will fap, tag and packhorse for me (as well as fetch beers and or coffee) and a socmate HuntingN8 has volunteered to fap using his Adj fap which is great.

Looking forward to it - I can hear the Atrax trembling now.

Ozi

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Glad I made it to practice, was great fun slaughtering those Phasms :wtg:. The spawn was huge and Mulga was a fantastic doctor (Sorry to leave you out there after i ctd, but had to go :()

Looking forward to doing it for real on Sunday 10:30am :yay:

Np mate, it was great to watch a skilled hunter at work. :)

Oh, and thanks for letting me have a crack at them. This wouldn't have counted, but was good to get a Phasm under the belt. :yay:

Gratz for HOF of the year too.

It was a great hitout, we all did ok and were reasonably organised. Big effort from Cloud and Brownlow , especially Cloud who died a few times for her country. :silly2:

What does it mean? Not much unless we can repeat it this weekend.

We will be up against some seriously uber teams. It's vital that we keep it together, and don't slack off as the rounds progress. If we can continue the efforts shown last weekend, we can give it a good shake. ;)

One more thing, let's keep the sledging and cockiness to a minimum, at least until we get some scores on the board. Occasionally, things can come back and bite you.

Skippie before the Australia V USA Match last year said:
just a quick reminder from the american camp that you are so going to loose this weekend.

:p

good luck

The Result said:
Australia 68 - USA 41

Great to have you aboard Ninja! :)

Last edited:
Hunts this Weekend:

Saturday Feb 2nd:

13:00; Estonia, Ireland, Sweden

16:30; England, Finland, Netherlands, Tibet, Eudoria, Greece

20:00; Amethera, Germany, Belgium, Denmark, France, Poland, Romania

23:30; Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Wales, Scotland, Serbia

Sunday Feb 3rd:

09:00; Cuba, South Africa

12:30; Turkey, Portugal, Italy

I've taken these times from those submitted to me by PM or by the obvious indications in your threads... if any need changing do it by PM to me and do it FAST.

Nations needing times confirmed:

America, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Norway.

Due to over-subscription by those submitting in time, the availability of slots has now decreased. Late-to-decide Teams please PM me your preferred slot from those below;

13:00; Sat Feb 2nd

09:00; Sun Feb 3rd

12:30; Sun Feb 3rd

Team Names:

All Main teams MUST use the following format when naming their teams.

"WoF(Name of Country in plain english)(Anything else that fits)"

All Support Teams MUST use the following format to be scored properly.

"WoF(Name of Country in plain english)Support(Anything that fits)"

If several support teams are formed for the same country, they should include identifying names or numbers etc in the "(Anything that fits)" part.

Main Teams should show up AT LEAST 10 minutes before the start.

MIA penalty: To avoid -10 points, each avatar must be back at the Start/Finish Point within 10 minutes of the stated finish time for each hunt.

Hunts DO NOT START until your judge, or the head Judge if several are to start at once, announces start and finish times, and THEN says "GO GO GO" in all chat.

Support Teams can turn up at the start if they wish, and are advised to at least send their leader to add the Judge to their Friends List. This way globals can be confirmed "live" instead of waiting for scores to be confirmed from screenshots. (There'll be a few to count, we may miss one or two if they are "from nowhere")

Support Teams suffer no MIA penalty and do not have to be there at the end.

Start/Finish Point;

Palms Corner... not the TP:)

It don't start, and it ain't over, until you climb those stairs (or tp straight past 'em:))

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

It's down the pathways and stairs away from the TP, past a statue...

to the landing platform. see you there:)

Good Luck to the lot of you.... wouldn't wanna be a mob this weekend:)

Hurrikane

ITS ON, LIKE DONKEY KONG!!

Bags

Good luck guys and gals! Have fun:D

Grrrrrr

Thanks as always for your organisational skills! BTW just hit 89k skills :yay:

Serica

Found what you were after and will pm you with details tonight!

Questions...

Do we have the support members for the main guys yet?

Are those attending the first event have teamspeak installed and know how to use it? (maybe a quick list)

Who in the support team is going to be attending on Sunday?

Do all the support team members need to be registered (I found an old friend who is eligible but not listed)

Am i required to sit with the judges or can i pwn in the name of the support? Either way is good but like the latter....lol

I am making a spreadsheet to help with the scoring.

'I'm excited' as the late BIG Kev would say!

God have mercy on the team we face.....and may lootius smile!

Thats all...for now

Bags

Gday,

I have teamspeak and I will be attending. Looking forward to my first WoF event..

How do I register?

Ninja

All you really need to do is sign up to the Australian Team private forum, more details await you in there.

Details below.... and anyone else that hasn't already signed up please do so. There is plenty more to read and see on our private forum.

To do this, they must go to the Group Memberships section of the User Control Panel, and apply to the WOF Team Australia usergroup.

Shaz Monaro

Grrrrr,

I've sent pm's to everyone who has registered here, but not yet indicated if they are available for support for the first qualifier.

Hoping for a flood of registrations for the private forum ;)

Serica

Gday All,

If anyone passes any rivers or ponds and spots a westfield or coles-myer trolley in the water...can u fish it out as i have a feeling we will need transport for all the loot.

MANY GLOBALS DOTH NOT MAKETH A TEAM - SURE BLOODY HELPS

See everyone in the field and smile knowing that we are the underdogs...let our big brown ass end of the world island show em!

Bags:thumbup:

PLEASE KINDLY STAND FOR THE SINGING OF THE AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM....

Australians all let us rejoice
For we are young and free
We've golden soil and wealth for toil,
Our home is girt by sea:
Our land abounds in nature's gifts
Of beauty rich and rare,
In history's page let every stage
Advance Australia fair,
In joyful strains then let us sing
Advance Australia fair.

Beneath our radiant Southern Cross,
We'll toil with hearts and hands,
To make this Commonwealth of ours
Renowned of all the lands,
For those who've come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share,
With courage let us all combine
To advance Australia fair.
In joyful strains then let us sing,
Advance Australia fair.​

PLEASE PUT OUR HANDS TOGETHER AND WELCOME THE AUSTRALIAN MAIN TEAM AND THEIR SUPPORTERS AS THEY ENTER THE ARENA...

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE ..........OI OI OI!

Go the Aussies!

Bags

Back