FYI: CND mining is ruined

Moonbiter

Elite
Society
Ex Cons
Luke Moonbiter Sinclair
After EU got more stable, and there was a fix of mountain climbing, decided to give a go at cnd mining again.

In just not full 2 runs, i already lost 2 claims worth ~100ped total. One was on a slope too steep to climb even after a fix (XI dianum) and a cald global stuck in a solid rock, which can't be extracted (believe me, i tried everything).

This is just ridiculous. Allright, you can avoid steep slopes, but those solid rocks and other objects are freaking everywhere, like in #18 dome for example. So it's completely impossible to mine. I'm just glad that this lesson didn't cost me more. Submited a support case on first lost claim yesterday, but ofc still no answer.

So, to all others who think mining is safe now, be very careful and don't waste your peds untill something is fixed.

Here are the screenies of those claims:

Moonbiter

well... this is bad... i thought they fixed so you can climb unlimited like befor?

:/

I think the designers were or
A: Random generating map
B: :""Hey this looks nice I am a designer and I never heard of gameplay"

Thats a thing balance in games.. make it too realistic and it''s not fun anymore. No need to struggle in game when you can irl, gl Moonie

well... this is bad... i thought they fixed so you can climb unlimited like befor?

So did I, but it seems you still can't climb some spots.

me i've got over 500peds claims lost on cnd.. taking in count that the loot really sucks it's a big loss. vu 10 not being atractive for me

Changing video settings to low will cause rocks not to render and that way you can get claims that are stuck inside them. (This trick does not work with trees however)

Changing video settings to low will cause rocks not to render and that way you can get claims that are stuck inside them. (This trick does not work with trees however)

very nice trick. btw, couldn't there be a cfg file trick to not render all kinds of bulldung for ppl that like open plains and have low GFX card specs.

I`ve tried to stay away from mining near steep areas even after the fix. Since MA agreed to compensate anyone who lost a claim "before" the fix. I`m guessing they will not reimburse anyone who lost claims afterward. Too bad you can`t stay away from rocks and other objects too. Definitely makes game play more annoying, restrictive if you want to be cautious and basically that`s more nerve wracking than fun.

actually this havent worked for me at CND :(

Thank you for the tip, but unfortunately it doesnt' work. Even under lowest settings the rock is still there.

Im currently pushing for a solution to these issues ASAP

Im currently pushing for a solution to these issues ASAP

If by any chance MA decide to change the terrain on CND I can recommend as a miner that it being perfectly flat would be best. Not very interesting but perfecting for mining, hunting too for that matter.

I also hade some lost yesterday.. the mauntains makes ppl walk the same ways cuz they are so huge so ppl mine in the same places alot.. wich sucks

Well the problem is not isolated to CND . I lost my first VU 10 global to a tree on the planet, and still waiting to hear from support if there will be a refund like with the hill thing. imo this is a really serious problem, and I do hope that regonize it as so. Sorry about your loss btw.

I haven't tried mining after VU 10, but before I was getting maybe a 20% hit rate at best. It would be nice to get more hits. I gave up mining and playing because everything was either a NRF or "This mob contains no loot."

The best thing would be talking to ND.
It is his own planet, and i think he is responsible about what's going on.
I am sure ND would have all the answers for all of us.
*just my tought... :)
Cherry :cheer:

so much for more relistic physics etc etc, claims that appear in rocks. Come on MA sort your selfs out. If we cant walk though these rocks and trees then clains should not be able to appear in them..

I really want to play Eu but I keep finding more reasons not to play.. at least not till they update too 10.2

so much for more relistic physics etc etc, claims that appear in rocks. Come on MA sort your selfs out. If we cant walk though these rocks and trees then clains should not be able to appear in them..

I really want to play Eu but I keep finding more reasons not to play.. at least not till they update too 10.2

I would say it's very realistic for a certain ore to be found in a rock. Problem here is that someone had a mountain/realisticness gasm and overdid everything. Surely an asteroid should have craters, as opposed to mountains..?

Most mountains are still unclimable. I would say anything over a 60 degree incline is not climbable at the moment. Also the mountains have lots of jacked ledges that you need to run around sometimes to get finds. Its still a work in progress but they are fixing it little by little.

We are miners "rocks" should not be an issue. Claim rods should appear outside objects or the extractors and drillers should penetrate them.

I hope you do get the rock issue resolved ND its defenitely kept me away from CND since I can't afford to lose claims on a consistent basis.
Posted via Mobile Device

For every claim you "lose" send a support case with as much info on it as you can. FPC's promised to research, extract these lost claims and add them to your inventory. :yay:

The more support cases they have to deal w/ regarding this issue, the more of a priority it will be to fix it.

I would say it's very realistic for a certain ore to be found in a rock. Problem here is that someone had a mountain/realisticness gasm and overdid everything. Surely an asteroid should have craters, as opposed to mountains..?

CND shouldn't have any mountains at all seeing as they are formed by the movement of tectonic plates.

Ever played with the CE2 sandbox? I think they basically random'd the terrain height. When are they reimplimenting chipping :scratch2:

I would say it's very realistic for a certain ore to be found in a rock.
CND shouldn't have any mountains at all seeing as they are formed by the movement of tectonic plates.
CND is a rock! Do asteroids have tectonic plates? :scratch2:
And, wouldn't it have made sense to create the domes on the most levelled terrain?

CND is a rock! Do asteroids have tectonic plates? :scratch2:
And, wouldn't it have made sense to create the domes on the most levelled terrain?

No they don't. The only thing CND should have terrain wise is craters and a relatively flat surface.

Seems dumb that anywhere in game should be inaccessable. I ahve lost a few claims also. Couldnt even see the claim rod at the exact coords.

On a brighter note;
I had an awesome time on CND yesterday.. so much so, I wish I didn't come back down to planet (might have to head back up!).
500 bombs, approx 15% claimrate (awesome compared to in the past) with oa101 light, no globals but average claims size X was great!
Didn't lose a claim, only found one hill I couldn't climb (I think it was north TP dome 14? Massive hill right at TP) and actually enjoyed the hours of beeping for a change~!
:yay:

I'm seriously considering taking up permanent residence on CND.

For every claim you "lose" send a support case with as much info on it as you can. FPC's promised to research, extract these lost claims and add them to your inventory. :yay:

The more support cases they have to deal w/ regarding this issue, the more of a priority it will be to fix it.

This is good advice. We have learned that it is very important to fill support cases, whether you get what you ask for or not . With out this you have no confirmation of your complaint and if anything is done in the future for the good, you could very well be screwed.

Back