CND nick name contest ~5000 synthetic ME Grand Prize

For me it will always be known affectionately as "The Big Empty" :D :silly2:

Many people, myself included, seem to still refer to it as CND. Partly resistance to change I guess, partly because 'FOMA - Fortuna' isn't very catchy.

Since it's not ND owned anymore, I guess CND is no longer appropriate. Let's rename it to CMD (Crazy-Mining Domes).

Since it's not ND owned anymore, I guess CND is no longer appropriate. Let's rename it to CMD (Crazy-Mining Domes).
Or even just plain old "C" :laugh:

How about MRF (mysterious real-life friend)?

Hehe

Sorry, you can edit things out of your Competition OP as much as you like, Foma, but you are not gonna be allowed to forget that one.

On second thoughts...no, I'm not at all sorry.

jay :)

Ahhhh the irony......

In the community's opinion the "Real" winner got screwed by FOMA with the whole RL friend scandal. Then we see ND open up "Hell" after selling the "Unique" asteroid :)

Menace

Dunno if this contest is stil active...

What about:
"Fortuna's Palace"
As in the roman mythology Fortuna is the godess of luck and chance and it is either luck/chance to find a huge deposit of ore. Plus gods are meant to be living somewhere in heavenly palaces. In this case it's an extraterestial (heaven) asteriod which is the palace.

Sincerly,
Patrick Spectre Miller

Seriously what has changed since the last owner? Nothing, still saying cnd whenever Im talking to people. Havnt encountered any problem so far.

Seriously what has changed since the last owner? Nothing, still saying cnd whenever Im talking to people. Havnt encountered any problem so far.
Even the in-game map of space has it as CND. (Or have they corrected that now?)

The main thing that's changed is there is now a CND on Next Island. so if people ever start going there , it could get really confusing.

But heck, we don't expect to get a serious answers here, anyway. This is a spoof competion (some people seemed to miss that) cos the thread starteer(and a zilliion others) didn't like the way Foma ran the other spoof.... er, original naming competition.

Last edited:
Back