FYI: CND: The bidding can start !

the funny thing is, if he would trade it by private trade it would be 375 stacks of 20k ped^^ and that in 13 single trades (30 items per trade)
heavy timeconsumption...:)

that's a very good point.... lol
looks like the pvp trade system in EU is not even technically prepared to deal with such transactions. both parties should rely on trusting each other to get the full trade completed.

Since the deed is in auction for 2 days now, I didn't notice yet ingame, can anyone udate me if there alrady has been place a bid? At work now so..

Nup - as of about an hour ago when I looked.

You might think it's a nutty price, but as i said before it's been valued to be worth 1million dollars. :)

For now.
But that could change quickly. Buz seemed sadly surprised at the drop at CP after the sale.
And with the other new planets rolling out..the Calypso player base will be spread out even thinner.

For now.
But that could change quickly. Buz seemed sadly surprised at the drop at CP after the sale.
And with the other new planets rolling out..the Calypso player base will be spread out even thinner.

However, CP was a high decay hunting spot that was tax free prior to the sale and the insertion of a tax changed the equation. Many long time CP campers had already seen the price of alien mats plummet and did not want to try to endure the high decay +tax on the existing loot pool. The prevelent thought was that the taxes made cp go from a camping place to a vacation place.

The other issue that CP had to contend with was the introduction of several popular hunting mobs--Proterons and Levi-- both on untaxed lands.

CND is a mining location with Dasp Hunting, already taxed and established clients. Provided that the new owner doesnt raise taxes, there should be no other change other than the name. Introduction of new ores would not impact mining operations.

In otherwords, CND is a more stable investment platform in my opinion.

CND is a mining location with Dasp Hunting, already taxed and established clients. Provided that the new owner doesnt raise taxes, there should be no other change other than the name. Introduction of new ores would not impact mining operations.

Add to this that Neverdie actually hasn't looked after CND regarding events, promotion, development etc. for how long, 1,5-2 years?
It is very likely that the new owner of CND will do the exact opposite:
Lots of new events.
Lots of promotion.
Trying to develop good use for shops and appartments again.

I myself would love to take on such project. Now if I only could buy the rock for let's say 10k ped :laugh:

The lag will be fixed in vu14.0

Is there a double standard in the fact that this thread isn't locked?

So many times I've seen sales threads get locked by a moderator when the buyer's said the item's on in game auction.

So many times I've seen sales threads get locked by a moderator when the buyer's said the item's on in game auction.

this isn't a selling thread, and it wasn't created by Neverdie. Its a discussion about a item sale.

this isn't a selling thread, and it wasn't created by Neverdie. Its a discussion about a item sale.

So if I want to advertise an in game auction listing, I just have to get a friend to start a "discussion about it"?

So if I want to advertise an in game auction listing, I just have to get a friend to start a "discussion about it"?

I'm sure it happens. But No-ones really going to want to care about your ghost or ESI sales advertising. :)

CP and CND are large sales affecting large amounts of players. And we should be allowed to discuss it.

I'm sure it happens. But No-ones really going to want to care about your ghost or ESI sales advertising. :)

CP and CND are large sales affecting large amounts of players. And we should be allowed to discuss it.

So then you agree, there's a double standard.

Freedom of speech. :D

As I said before. The sellers were not making the thread, so no, I don't think it violates any rules. But I'll let a mod comment. :)

You might think it's a nutty price, but as i said before it's been valued to be worth 1million dollars. :)

Lmao, you're a broken record.:silly2: Makes for easy posting though when all ya gotta do is copy paste :D

And the word "valued" disturbs me...

Do you mean 'valued', which means that it has hard facts and a paper trail to prove that the value currently, or at one time was 1 million dollars.

"An amount, as of goods, services, or money, considered to be a fair and suitable equivalent for something else; a fair price or return."

To buy it at a million and find out it's only worth 500k-750k, would not be valued correctly, and you would not be getting a fair rate of return.

Or do you mean 'rumored', which means people just figure it had that value one time or another based on what they've seen apart from the cold hard facts and accounting books?

Last edited:
I agree that the price is high, however if ND has posted correct statistics for the gross turnover @ ~ 16k usd a month then he is on the ball for pricing at the start bid.

16k usd x 60 months / ROI 200%

16 x 60 / 2 = ~ 480k usd

The valuation of 1 Mil is fairly spot on too as to what it generates in 60 months.

However this is definitely not the sale value worth,
Just a valuation of expected income in a standard 5yr investment period.

If it hits 500k usd which I believe it will, great.
ND has shown that he knows where to "stop the greed" (aka BO)
with a 133% ROI @ 750k usd based on an expected income of
1 Mil USD over 5 years @ ~ 16k per month gross.

Why everyone think the income will remaining the same for the next 5 years :)

Why everyone think the income will remaining the same for the next 5 years :)

if the new owner is clever, I see potential increase. Events + new mobs possibly. If left as is, I see a slow drop in ROI as new planets arrive. Then again...will there be more participants?

if the new owner is clever, I see potential increase. Events + new mobs possibly. If left as is, I see a slow drop in ROI as new planets arrive. Then again...will there be more participants?

New Planets?! What? When? Where?
More Participants?! Who? Why? When?

Regarding these possible ROI-lowering issues, I think the new owner of CND will have at least 2 years promoting and establishing a serious business on the rock to counter the effects of these issues.

As I said before. The sellers were not making the thread, so no, I don't think it violates any rules. But I'll let a mod comment. :)

Tamn pretty much nailed it. There's no rule that discussions can't be made about items in auction. The main rule you are thinking of is this.

Forum Rules said:
5.1 - Auction Competition
If an item is listed in the Entropia Universe auction system, you are NOT permitted to post a sales thread for the same item on EntropiaForum...

There have been plenty other threads made about discussion worthy items on auction. Some for negative reasons. And we didn't take those down. We do, however, close sales threads when items are being sold here and on auction. Hopefully you can see the difference.

This item is very "discussion worthy", so yes, there's discussion going on. Yes that does produce "word of mouth advertising."

And no, there's no double standard. Place something worthy of discussion on auction and we'll talk about it too. Just don't try to sell it on EF at the same time or make a thread clearly meant to do nothing but advertise. (I.E. no real discussion, just bumps.)

Tamn pretty much nailed it. There's no rule that discussions can't be made about items in auction. The main rule you are thinking of is this.

There have been plenty other threads made about discussion worthy items on auction. Some for negative reasons. And we didn't take those down. We do, however, close sales threads when items are being sold here and on auction. Hopefully you can see the difference.

This item is very "discussion worthy", so yes, there's discussion going on. Yes that does produce "word of mouth advertising."

And no, there's no double standard. Place something worthy of discussion on auction and we'll talk about it too. Just don't try to sell it on EF at the same time or make a thread clearly meant to do nothing but advertise. (I.E. no real discussion, just bumps.)

I think this sale is being discussed in the same manner as the malls, the banks and Crystal Palace were.

Only difference is the seller isnt MA/FPC this time. :)

If I were to buy CND, I would certainly lower taxes to 4%!

*crowds chant*
:yay: "Roamn for president! Yaaaaay!" :yay:

The price is too high considering the revenue which CND makes and after its sale the revenue will decrease as it wouldn't get marketing associated with NEVERDIE name.....

after its sale the revenue will decrease as it wouldn't get marketing associated with NEVERDIE name.....

Could you please explain that? I don't really get it.

If I were to buy CND, I would certainly lower taxes to 4%!

*crowds chant*
:yay: "Roamn for president! Yaaaaay!" :yay:

Roamn for president! Yaaaaay!!! :yay: :yay:

The price is too high considering the revenue which CND makes and after its sale the revenue will decrease as it wouldn't get marketing associated with NEVERDIE name.....

I'd be more inclined to go there if it wasn't named after that egomaniac. But, since its taxed land, and you have to pay to get there, I wouldn't go anyway :laugh:

I guess now the big question is who can log in long enough to get the one and only bid in before the sale ends or MA fixes the log in bug before auction ends.

Was CND bought out? Don't see it in auction anymore.
Or did ND pull it out?

Was CND bought out? Don't see it in auction anymore.
Or did ND pull it out?
!?!?!?!?!
Can anyone give us an update? I'd love to know! :wtg:

How sweet would it be if Deathi owned it?!... why I respect him I dunno, but damn he's a good LA manager imo.

!?!?!?!?!
Can anyone give us an update? I'd love to know! :wtg:

How sweet would it be if Deathi owned it?!... why I respect him I dunno, but damn he's a good LA manager imo.

Somehow I don't think DF bought it, unless he is being cagey? :scratch2: ;)

Back