Codex for ROCKtropia - a discussion

Society
The Knights of Entropia
Aurora Panther Dawn
Following on from a discussion in ROCKtropia chat this week, I thought it would be a good idea to consolidate the community's thoughts on Codex for ROCKtropia.

For example:
1) Pros and Cons of Codex in general (i.e., there was a view that Codex reward choice and meta rewards were good, but the Codex system can eliminate some of the interaction of storylines)​
2) If Codex was introduced for RT mobs in stages or only partially, which mobs would you prefer to see in Codex first?
3) What groupings of mobs would make sense in one Codex entry (i.e., all Big Cat classes count for the same mission and could be one Codex entry, the same goes for Vampires. However, should other mobs such as Dragons have individual Codex entries?​
4) Other thoughts

Below is a list of ROCKtropia mobs and currently associated Iron missions compiled from Entropia Wiki and the Consolidated ROCKtropia Guide and Info to help with your thought process and discussion. Please PM me with any corrections and additions to the lists and I will update it. Thank you! :)

Class
Name
MIN HP
Associated Mission
HumanAI6The AI War
Bank Robber2
Bass Monkey
Biker
Breakdancer
Bum10
Dreamer
Dream Girl
Forum Troll50Police Academy
Harlem Hustler50ROCKtropia Police Call: 10-88 (daily)
Hater300Hating on Haters
HODLR2,080
Hustler30
Londoner
Mulholland BoyROCKtropia Police Call: 10-57 (daily)
Pissed Off Cop40
ROCKtropia Beat Cop
ROCKtropian5
SkullGang Homeboy500
Soulshaker50Police Academy / ROCKtropia Police Call: 11-25 (daily)
Steampunk1,000Disruptive DJ
Stereo JackerAntonios Bootleg Busk / ROCKtropia Police Call: 10-66 (daily)
Street King
Swat
Thief105 Pound Workout
Thug20
Victor Scorliona
Wino
Humanoid - HellCode Demon2,500Hackathon
Cyber Demon5,000
Demon Hacker1,000Hackathon
Demon Virus10,0000
Horney Little Devil500A Deal with the Horny Devil
Cyborg50 Foot Android Party Girl
50 Foot Digital Party Girl
50 Foot Glamor Party Girl
50 Foot Vixen, Divine Radiated5,470
Android Video Vixen Clone130
Cyber Street Vixen10The Color of Envy (Shy)*
Digital Club Doll70The Color of Envy (Shy)*
Electro Dance Machine10The Color of Envy (Shy)*
Fembot Raver50The Color of Envy (Shy)*
Glamor Girl Drone50The Color of Envy (Shy)*
Gynoid Elite Series50The Color of Envy (Shy)*
Touch Sensitive Cyborg50The Color of Envy (Shy)*
UFO2,750
Weak Waterproof Android Vixen690
ZombieBiker Enforcer110Boot Camp chain / National Guard chain
Biker Nomad300Boot Camp chain / National Guard chain
Biker Outlaw1,010Boot Camp chain / National Guard chain
Biker Prospect50Boot Camp chain / National Guard chain
Decomposing40Boot Camp chain / National Guard chain
Decomposing - Intelligent750Boot Camp chain / National Guard chain/The Cure
Zombie (Hell)Sentinel
WolvesCity50Assisting Mahone
Infected310
Lone50
Old450Diesel in Distress - bugged
Possessed1,650
Rabid160
Sacred1,610Vampire Wars
Scavenger50Vampire Wars
White850Vampire Wars
Vampire (also in Hell)Vampire Chick200The Rise of the Lycans
NWOMSPD-Block Mafia Member1,000Rocky Horror Mafia Show / Prison mission chain
InmatePrison mission chain / The Yard Mission chain/Hall Mission chain
Northern HitmanPrison mission chain
Prison C.O.500Prison mission chain
Prison GuardsPrison mission chain / The Yard Mission chain
Prison S.O.R.T. Officer2,500Prison mission chain / The Yard Mission chain
Sissy300Prison mission chain
Zomhattan St Boyz400Prison mission chain / The Yard Mission chain
MotorheadGod
Lemmy's Guardian300
Mega-Mouth200
RoyaltyThe Revenge of Montose
Security450Dominiques Domination
Big CatsCheetah500Catscepades
Cougar700Catscepades
Leopard1,000Catscepades
Panther (non tameable)2,000Catscepades
Tiger2,500Catscepades
Animal - SnakeBrown700Snake Hunting Contract - Brown
Coral800Snake Hunting Contract - Coral
Green500Snake Hunting Contract - Green
Purple600Snake Hunting Contract - Purple
Animal - DragonElvis2,640Hauxleys Hound Dogs
Gamgels1,924
Garcia2,820The Will and Testament of Vampire Nostra
Hendrix3,010The Passions of Vampire Clarice
Joplin1,890The Commission of Vampire LeRoux
Lemmy2,450Castle Passage
Morrison2,260The Curse of Vampire Ciera
NEVERDIE3,200NEVERDIE Dragon Control
Pop2,080Call of Duty
Rudolf
Animal - KongKING KONG450,000
Root Kong
Trojan Kong
Zombie Kong170,000
Virus Kong (Ruxxnet spawn)1,110
Animal - Kong (Hell)Malware KongDuty Calls
Spy KongDuty Calls
Virus Kong1,110Duty Calls / The Great AI War
Worm Kong500Duty Calls
MutantInfected Maass10Hacked Signal
Infected Staiger20Hacked Signal
Possessed Maass20Hacked Signal
Possessed Staiger10Hacked Signal
OtherBlonde Android (tameable) (also in Hell)
Crunk Shark2,000The Hunt for Captain Peter / Prison mission chain (Shark Attack!)
Deer100
Gary the Alien
Kool Kat1,020The Lawn You Keep
Panther Puny (tameable)20
Pesky ROCKtropia Beach Crab650I Got Crabs / I Still Got Crabs / Damn These Crabs
Radiated Spider
THINGHunt the Thing
Virus SpreadersZDF Training Session (instance)
Werewolf110The History of Vampire Helena
Skeleton (Hell)Asmodai's Legionaire
Astaroth's Legionaire3,200
Baal's Legionaire4,000
Beelzebub's Legionaire3,000
Belial's Legionaire1,500
Belphegor's Legionaire2,000
Berith's Legionaire2,500
Leviathan's Legionaire1,600
Lucifer's Legionaire2,200
Satan's Legionaire1,800
Thammuz's Legionaire3,500

Calypso Mobs with Codex (currently unclaimable on ROCKtropia)
Name
MIN HP
Associated Mission
Ambulimax1,010120 Pound Workout
Atrox990
Daikiba3030 Pound Workout
Drone300
Exarosaur50
Feffoid550
Foul100The Hatred of Vampire Stephano
Hiryuu120200 Pound Bench Press Workout
Itumatrox680
Kerberos110
Malcruentor2,570
Mermoth320
Oculus900
Osseocollum3,450
Phasm1,870The Tale of Vampire LeCroix
Plumatergus40
RipperSnapper50100 Pound Bench Press Workout
Sumima1,450Punching Bag Workout

*Note: Wiki has the vixens as 'Cyborg' which was convenient for grouping in this table. However, 'shy' vixens give animal skill and higher level give robot (thanks Tarded and Denbrey)
Edit: Put RT mobs into one main table due to ugly reformatting or column width when posted :LOL:
Edit: Added HODLR to Human catagory, thank you Theunicate
Edit: Updated ROCKtropia Police Call daily info
Edit: Added Virus Spreaders from ZDF Training Session (instance)

Last edited:
Good Job! For Codex we need ND do his part and speak with MA... will have a hard time but the planet need Codex, fixes and more development.

no codex is better because the skills gains make the loot less - nothing is free

Rock has a history of doing things differently than other planets to help so have an NPC similar to bar NPC on next island scan avatar history and logs and give instant codex equivalent to all already completed missions....

My thoughts....

1) Pros and Cons of Codex in general
Pros: I like the option of choosing your reward type that codex offers, I like shooting a random mob and knowing it will enter into Codex even if I haven't picked up the mission from an NPC.​
Cons: I would miss the storyline elements if they were removed. E.g. The National Guard chain has you search for the next character and develop the storyline after each stage and then the 'Hacked Signal' mission after is fun too! The Prison storyline is good too, feels less like mindless grinding than codex provides.​
2) If Codex was introduced for RT mobs in stages or only partially, which mobs would you prefer to see in Codex first?
From the list, I think it would be easier to implement the following mobs - some of which are regularly hunted: Big Cats, Crabs, Deer, Dragons, Kool Kats, Motorhead, Sharks, THING, Vampires, Werewolves, Wolves, Zombies, NWOMSP mobs.​
3) What groupings of mobs would make sense in one Codex entry (i.e., all Big Cat classes count for the same mission and could be one Codex entry, the same goes for Vampires. However, should other mobs such as Dragons have individual Codex entries?
Single Codex Entry: Bank Robber, Big Cats, City Wolves, Crabs, Deer, Dragons, Forum Trolls, Harlem Hustlers, Haters, HODLR, Kool Kats, Mulholland Boy, Old Wolves, ROCKtropians, Sharks, Snakes, Skeleton, Soulshakers, Steampunks, Stereo Jackers, Thieves, THING, Thugs, Vampires, Werewolves., Zombie Biker Prospects, all NWOMSP mobs.​
Grouped Codex Entry: Hell Kongs, Mega-mouth from Motorhead, all colours of Forum Troll​
Unsure: Cyborg classes, some Human classes (Bum, Wino)​
4) Other thoughts
Having the Werewolf mine instance and NPC Diesel Rose (for Old wolves) fixed would make me grind the mobs. At the moment there is no incentive for me to do Old Wolves.​

Last edited:
Rock has a history of doing things differently than other planets to help so have an NPC similar to bar NPC on next island scan avatar history and logs and give instant codex equivalent to all already completed missions....

Recently they have a history of doing nothing at all.

I think nothing should get implemented by MA for RT until they have a competent a dedicated dev team again.

Even though a developer might not do as intended in agreement, MA must think of playerbase, it is afterall
the main reason for the game to excist.
Since the planet isn't completly dead they need to keep it alive, so if the reason to remove old missions were
what they said, then RT gonna have Codex one day.

i support codex on RT. but should be seperate for all mobs. no thoughts about small mobs, but like dragons totaly seperate. maybe motorhead could be same codex. alos some prisoners and street kings might be same, just different codex % gain since danger lvl is very different. no thoughts about other mobs, i mostly do dragons, so they different codex entrys plz.

i support codex on RT. but should be seperate for all mobs. no thoughts about small mobs, but like dragons totaly seperate. maybe motorhead could be same codex. alos some prisoners and street kings might be same, just different codex % gain since danger lvl is very different. no thoughts about other mobs, i mostly do dragons, so they different codex entrys plz.
i agree on the dragons! needs to be seperate codex cuz they are all very different. i think humanoids is the only difficult one to decide on the rest are pretty simple and just different maturities. the humanoid mobs are tied to many diff mission chains form haters to cops to thugs and prison guards etc. for these they would either have to completely revamp the chains or keep those in old system somehow

HODLR since there is no mission for them at all ,all Kongs or ruxxnet mobs spawns set .
Zombies 1 codex mission for all .
Rocktropians 1 codex mission for all types of rocktropians.
Gangsters for all type of gangsters.
Prison codex for all prisoners.
Dragons codex for all dragons. (Pop Dragon separate)
Motorhead codex .
Snakes codex .
Wildlife codex (wild animals:puma,panther,tiger etc).
UFO codex .
Garry the Alien codex .
Werewolf codex.
Vampire codex.
The THING codex .
Cyber (Hell) kongs codex .
Vixens codex.
Wolfs for all type of wolfs or included in wildlife codex.
Steampunk codex.
Crabs codex.

In the gangster codex I would implement mafia bosses in certain ranks so need to kill only those bosses in order for rank progression .
Can be some of the bosses spawned in the Fight Club or other kind of spawn maybe.

Same for prison make prison Bosses spawn ring on certain rank to go in prison ring and fight bosses for codex rank .

That would be my suggestion .

Kind regards,
Theunicate.

Last edited:

werewolf, zombie, demon hacker, horny little devil (or just vixen in general), wolves, deer, kool kat... in that order of priority ^^

Does RT have a developer team capable of creating this codex?

HODLR since there is no mission for them at all ,all Kongs or ruxxnet mobs spawns set .
Zombies 1 codex mission for all .
Rocktropians 1 codex mission for all types of rocktropians.
Gangsters for all type of gangsters.
Prison codex for all prisoners.
Dragons codex for all dragons. (Pop Dragon separate)
Motorhead codex .
Snakes codex .
Wildlife codex (wild animals:puma,panther,tiger etc).
UFO codex .
Garry the Alien codex .
Werewolf codex.
Vampire codex.
The THING codex .
Cyber (Hell) kongs codex .
Vixens codex.
Wolfs for all type of wolfs or included in wildlife codex.
Steampunk codex.
Crabs codex.

In the gangster codex I would implement mafia bosses in certain ranks so need to kill only those bosses in order for rank progression .
Can be some of the bosses spawned in the Fight Club or other kind of spawn maybe.

Same for prison make prison Bosses spawn ring on certain rank to go in prison ring and fight bosses for codex rank .

That would be my suggestion .

Kind regards,
Theunicate.
I mostly like unicates suggestion but i sill feel all dragons should be seperate codex as they are all vastly different from eachother and would be good for the uber challenge! also im thinking ufo and gary etc could be combined into ALIEN codex.. seem crazy to have a codex for gary alone as a rare spawn.

Codex is to motivate players to have a little extra reward hunting a certain mob - grouping them together kinda renders codex void for a number of mobs.
So while it might seem nice to make some faster progress early on its really just shooting yourself in the foot as a planet partner and taking away potential extra rewards from your players if you make codex a one-night-stand.

Fully support the implementation of codex. In fact the only reason why i am reluctant to farm harder on RT is due to lack of codex.

Seperate codex for all mobs. Bunching together mobs is not a good idea,i was exploring NI to complete some meta and was disappointed to find that many of the mobs are shared codex. Because of that i lost motivation to explore further.

Maybe we can explode rocktropia and let parts of it fly to active planets?

Yeah, how many came out with the crap about NI when it was abandoned for so long, and look how that has improved. For years people have said RT is a dead planet, but despite it having no dev team and The sheriff of Nottingham (yes I know ND was born in Derbyshire, but it just up the road from Nottingham) adding new taxes all the time. It's still going and still has one best communities in the universe.

Yeah, how many came out with the crap about NI when it was abandoned for so long, and look how that has improved. For years people have said RT is a dead planet, but despite it having no dev team and The sheriff of Nottingham (yes I know ND was born in Derbyshire, but it just up the road from Nottingham) adding new taxes all the time. It's still going and still has one best communities in the universe.
I agree with Bigdaddy the community in RT its one of the best in the game, the planet big issue its the lack of developtment and the taxes en every corner. If they start to developt again, delete such infinite taxes, add codex and not much more RT could be the best planet. Yeah most of you dont take a step outside of caly just to farm and back to caly but there are people that never had leave RT.

seems pretty nice, but all the dragons do need a seperate entry imo, the damage they deal is too different
some dragons don't get enough love as it is atm,
bunching them together and there is 0 reason to do some of the harder ones

seems pretty nice, but all the dragons do need a seperate entry imo, the damage they deal is too different
some dragons don't get enough love as it is atm,
bunching them together and there is 0 reason to do some of the harder ones

Yes, show our dragons some love!

tenor.gif

i agree on the dragons! needs to be seperate codex cuz they are all very different. i think humanoids is the only difficult one to decide on the rest are pretty simple and just different maturities. the humanoid mobs are tied to many diff mission chains form haters to cops to thugs and prison guards etc. for these they would either have to completely revamp the chains or keep those in old system somehow

I think the Human category is a bit difficult too. Its a lot of separate categories for Codex and there's no point at present in hunting the ones that have no associated mission.

Codex is to motivate players to have a little extra reward hunting a certain mob - grouping them together kinda renders codex void for a number of mobs.
So while it might seem nice to make some faster progress early on its really just shooting yourself in the foot as a planet partner and taking away potential extra rewards from your players if you make codex a one-night-stand.
Fully support the implementation of codex. In fact the only reason why i am reluctant to farm harder on RT is due to lack of codex.

Seperate codex for all mobs. Bunching together mobs is not a good idea,i was exploring NI to complete some meta and was disappointed to find that many of the mobs are shared codex. Because of that i lost motivation to explore further.

These are both very good points against doing too much grouping (y)

I agree with Bigdaddy the community in RT its one of the best in the game, the planet big issue its the lack of developtment and the taxes en every corner. If they start to developt again, delete such infinite taxes, add codex and not much more RT could be the best planet. Yeah most of you dont take a step outside of caly just to farm and back to caly but there are people that never had leave RT.
id have to disagree on this... RT might be lacking NEW development but its far from under developed infact id argue its the most developed planet next to caly as far as features, zones, missions and mobs go!

ND's issue is its over developed for the population imo and he requires a dev team nearly the size of MA to handle it. Hes got a fully functional planet designed for a million players and the considerably fewer that are there have difficulty supporting it as far as loots go for crafting etc.

id have to disagree on this... RT might be lacking NEW development but its far fomr under developed infact id argue its the most developed planet next to caly as far as features, zones, missions and mobs go!

pretty sure it's the planet where the most is broken xD there's quite a lot of stuff which can't be crafted, because the mats no longer drop at all or the droprates of mats are abysmally low...

And also guns & amps need to have their efficiency adjusted (grindhouse excluded), to be competetive to armatrix. RT amp, because they have no ammo burn and only use decay, should get higher DPP & efficiency as armatrix amps...

Last edited:
pretty sure it's the planet where the most is broken xD there's quite a lot of stuff which can't be crafted, because the mats no longer drop at all or the droprates of mats are abysmally low...

And also guns & amps need to have their efficiency adjusted (grindhouse excluded), to be competetive to armatrix. RT amp, because they have no ammo burn and only use decay, should get higher DPP & efficiency as armatrix amps...
the most is broken? like 1 misison(diesel) some graphics glitches in dungeons and some loot balancing? these do have a large impact but id hardly call it INSANE most broken eva scenario!

While I appreciate there are many issues with ROCKtropia we'd like cleared up, this thread was for discussing Codex and I'd appreciate it if we didn't get de-railed :)

That said, I think some bug fixes would be appreciated before Codex was implemented. For example, being able to complete the NWO Prison Riot mission past tier 4 (?) and being able pick up the Old Wolves mission from NPC Diesel Rose.

While I appreciate there are many issues with ROCKtropia we'd like cleared up, this thread was for discussing Codex and I'd appreciate it if we didn't get de-railed :)

That said, I think some bug fixes would be appreciated before Codex was implemented. For example, being able to complete the NWO Prison Riot mission past tier 4 (?) and being able pick up the Old Wolves mission from NPC Diesel Rose.
well codex would fix deisel at least... old wolves codex delete deisel lol

Back