Codex for ROCKtropia - a discussion

Separation is definitely better for getting some items flowing out of mobs again. Werewolves have been mentioned a few times, and that’s one of the main ones that has semi-rare drops I know I’d have to spend a year hunting (not exaggerating by much either) to get everything I’d want on my own.

not familiar with all RT creatures...but would prefer 1 codex entry for every mob available....i like bigger lists like those on caly....
well rt has many many mobs! i havent counted but possibly more than caly.. rt codex gonna be sweeet

OK guys here my idea for rt missions and codex so everyone has a clearer view...

Add codex for all mobs and combine ONLY those that are clearly just different maturities like on every other planet..

Then revamp all the chains like police radio, hunt the thing, tactical radio and anti-tox for dhampyre etc etc into one long old school mission chain. This chain would start with the easiest stuff like police radio or hunt the thing where new players would start or at the club, and would go through them all upto the hardest ones like anti-tox or whatever is hardest i dont know of.

This would be MUCH easier to find and follow for players and slowly direct them to different places on the map to do them and slowly increase in difficulty. there an obvious issue with this and thats things like getting the police radio back if u sell it or something so we could have soe street trader npc that sells them back to you ONLY if youve completed that stage of the chain.

This concept would take a little work for ND to tweak the current chains and dialoge so it works but ultimatly would be easier and more fun to do while being less work on the rt devs and we get full codex as well on rt.

Ideally we would have some loot tweaks as well so many of the required loots for crafting ALL the bp's are easier to get and some of the dungeon bugs fixed and THEN drop this on rt as a reboot! the codex will kick-start rt again and the loots be better and ND can walk away and it will look after itself :)

*EDIT*
Id like to add that its very hard to come up with ideas without knowing the capabilities or interaction between the old and new system but it might be cool if the "long chain" im suggesting could interact with codex and have maybe specific codex rank requirements to progress even! so many possibilities :)

I think the end result here is a smoother gaming experience and MUCH less googling for every little thing. The more functionality INGAME we have the better so we dont need to access 3rd party resources for every little thing we wanna do.

Last edited by a moderator:
*snip*
Then revamp all the chains like police radio, hunt the thing, tactical radio and anti-tox for dhampyre etc etc into one long old school mission chain. This chain would start with the easiest stuff like police radio or hunt the thing where new players would start or at the club, and would go through them all upto the hardest ones like anti-tox or whatever is hardest i dont know of.
*snip*

A lot of good ideas in your post Sinner. I particularly like the idea of yours I've snip quoted - the long old school mission chain. As you've pointed out, there is so much on offer at RT and these connected mission chains are one of my favourite parts of EU. It makes what would otherwise be monotonous grinding more interesting.

I would welcome Codex alongside the old school mission chain if that was an option.

Ok, I am not much of a hunter, so don't care much about it. Now when ND was on he seemed absolutely clueless about how codex worked. The way he was talking he was going to introduce codex a little bit a time. He might not be aware once codex has been implemented that you only have 1 year to finish the present mission you have. So surely it would make sense to implement a codex for all the iron missions first (gravestones, muscle park etc).

I like the idea of having codex separate for dragons and wolves, but I been told by a friend that CODEX is down to MA, not the PP.

Ive noticed doing Codex on different planets is that the codex ranks can progress quickly when theres a big gap between hp of the lower and higher maturities. But with some of the RT mobs, the gaps in hp are so huge as to make lumping them together in a codex mission meaningless. For example, the New Harlem humanoids have hps in the single digits, the older RT low humanoids ( Rocktropians) start at 30, while street kings can be 8000 +. It would make more sense to break these into a few different groups. The same goes for all the different wolves ( Scavengers start at 50) while possessed and sacreds start at 1600 and go on from there. (I think they also do different damage, which is a good indicator of them being a "different" mob)

Hello everyone and thanks Panther for asking me to answer question.
Tiger do belive that Rocktropia will staying the most unique planet if codex wasnt inside it to! I dont mind if the over-all-planet-mobs have codex but not the unique RT-mobs . Except possibly the ones that have not with storylines to do. Might be steampunks? Ord some demons? Anyway its good to be back och Rocktropia after many months away and to see that RT lives again and the loot is GREAT! /Tiger

Really trying not to nerd out on how the maturity class column has attempted to become an unoffical creature type column here (failed). I thought to start with easy and look at how Zombies would be grouped if all Zombies were put into one group. Also I would like to note current thinking is that story chain mobs may be left out of codex.

Maybe a way to say is if a creature has zombie in the name it is a zombie. This would include
Creature NameMaturity Ranking ProfileSkill Profile ScanLooting SkillDrops Zombie PartsDrops Bananas ( Rotten Single / Any Other )
ZombieLevels ( L5 L6 L9 )?SkinningY? / Y
Zombie KongLevels ( L494 and L1119 )??N ?N ? / Y
Decomposing ZombieZombie? Profile ( Teen Adult Old Slow Angry Scavenger Crazy Sniffer Nutcase Intelligent )AnimalSkinningYY / Y
Zombie Biker ProspectZombie? ProfileMutantScourgingYY / Y
Zombie Biker EnforcerZombie? ProfileMutantScourgingYY / Y
Zombie Biker NomadZombie? ProfileMutantScourgingYY / Y
Zombie Biker OutlawZombie? ProfileMutantScourgingYY / Y

Then there are zombies that do not have zombie in he name, but are of the Decomposing/Biker character. These are Sentinel which is a HELL instance mob.
SentinelLevels ( L3 and L5 )????

While also the possessed and infected staiger and maass are also being referred to as being Zombies, without actually having zombie in the name.
Possessed MaassUndead Army? Profile 1 ( Engineer Medic Gunner Captain )MutantScourging?Y / ?
Possessed StaigerUndead Army? Profile 1MutantScourging?Y / ?
Infected MaasUndead Army? Profile 2 ( others )MutantScourging?Y / ?
Infected StaigerUndead Army? Profile 2 ( others )MutantScourging?Y / ?
entropiawiki down at time of printing

When we add the pvp mutants (Maass Staiger), this covers all of the 'Zombies' as listed in wiki / OP. While we look at this there does not appear to be any defining attribute that makes a Zombie a Zombie.

So, what I question here now is if codex were to be implemented on zombies, would codex now define what a zombie is? The wiki is a user implemented guide. At some point some user has made a decision to record such a mob as such a 'type'. Users dont really know how much input the PP has to this. We refer to the wiki for our sense of how stuff works, while admitting at the same time it is all out of date to a greater or lesser degree.

How we are supposed to make some kind of informed proposal as to how something like codex should be implemented without undertstanding how rock (or any planet) is fundamentally implemented is something of a puzzle really.

To what extent will implementing codex expose fundamental workings of ROCK that may or not as yet be known/discovered by users.

Why are maas and staiger included as zombies? is it because they are mutants that drop rotten bananas (if not zombie parts), or is there another reason they have been included as such? now Firewalls are mutants with thier own maturity profile which i might think of as Undead Army Moderator ? profile (Guardian Banisher Protector Lord). They do not as far as i can tell, drop bananas or zombie parts, but they do have the same skilling profiles (scan mutant, loot scourging) as Zombie Bikers.

Maybe there is some aspect of the attack dmg from the listed zombies that make ascertaining a zombie to be a zombie. The info is completely lacking on wiki for all of these. And in my opinion, there is something behind the scenes about the way MA operates that perhaps does not allow themselves and by implication Planet Partners to actually disclose any such information. Other than, heres the game, have fun.

So each person is making suggestions based on their perception of how the game works, because no-one ever is allowed to say how it is actually implemented. These are the deeper issues I reach when considering how codex should be implemented.

Ok, I am not much of a hunter, so don't care much about it. Now when ND was on he seemed absolutely clueless about how codex worked. The way he was talking he was going to introduce codex a little bit a time. He might not be aware once codex has been implemented that you only have 1 year to finish the present mission you have. So surely it would make sense to implement a codex for all the iron missions first (gravestones, muscle park etc).

I like the idea of having codex separate for dragons and wolves, but I been told by a friend that CODEX is down to MA, not the PP.
Ive mailed ND with a very detailed description of codex, whats common on other planets and the repeating reward system and repeatable rank26 so he doesnt think its nessissary to make all the ranks too hard as thats what the repeatable is for.. Also my suggestion from my previous post about combining all the chains into one long progressive one somehow thats easy for new arrivals to get and follow all the way through. I think thats everything lol

HODLR since there is no mission for them at all ,all Kongs or ruxxnet mobs spawns set .
Zombies 1 codex mission for all .
Rocktropians 1 codex mission for all types of rocktropians.
Gangsters for all type of gangsters.
Prison codex for all prisoners.
Dragons codex for all dragons. (Pop Dragon separate)
Motorhead codex .
Snakes codex .
Wildlife codex (wild animals:puma,panther,tiger etc).
UFO codex .
Garry the Alien codex .
Werewolf codex.
Vampire codex.
The THING codex .
Cyber (Hell) kongs codex .
Vixens codex.
Wolfs for all type of wolfs or included in wildlife codex.
Steampunk codex.
Crabs codex.

In the gangster codex I would implement mafia bosses in certain ranks so need to kill only those bosses in order for rank progression .
Can be some of the bosses spawned in the Fight Club or other kind of spawn maybe.

Same for prison make prison Bosses spawn ring on certain rank to go in prison ring and fight bosses for codex rank .

That would be my suggestion .

Kind regards,
Theunicate.
I think this is best..Thank you Unicate

I do agree on Dragons having their own codex and also fix known bugs would be advantageous to RT player base.

I am definitely up for codex on RT, for all mobs, but prisoners (or at least keep prison chain intact)

Don't pay allegiance to a planet where the captain has left the ship. Join Ark, Cyrene or Monria with present devs, active devs, responding devs. RT already has codex for its caly mobs. Good enough until someone gets back in charge.

we had planned to introduce RT Mobs into the codex that were not currently tied into any progressive story chains but then we received this message and at this time i dont think we want to sacrifice all story line just for a convenient grinding system..

- - - - - - -

- Rocktropia Mission for Codex
Hi!

We won't be taking things gradually, it all needs to be done in one go. So if your "Iron Challenge" missions are entangled in story stuff then it would be good to detangle before going forward.
- - - - - - - - -

Since this has to be an all or nothing scenario I would need to know that RT community would prefer codex over existing mission chains before committing to this update. Personally I was disappointed to not be able to select mobs not currently employed by iron missions and or mission chains for codex.

i am currently investigating why RT bug fixes and spawn adjustments were not merged for this VU...

we had planned to introduce RT Mobs into the codex that were not currently tied into any progressive story chains but then we received this message and at this time i dont think we want to sacrifice all story line just for a convenient grinding system..

- - - - - - -

Hi!

We won't be taking things gradually, it all needs to be done in one go. So if your "Iron Challenge" missions are entangled in story stuff then it would be good to detangle before going forward.
- - - - - - - - -

Since this has to be an all or nothing scenario I would need to know that RT community would prefer codex over existing mission chains before committing to this update. Personally I was disappointed to not be able to select mobs not currently employed by iron missions and or mission chains for codex.

i am currently investigating why RT bug fixes and spawn adjustments were not merged for this VU...

Hello and ty too for the response....

Ofc i can only speak for myself...but me and my friends play the whole Entropia also because of the skills and to get an progress on the ava..

So they travel now around the universe and get some codex progress and meta(since ark+cyrene are now also in this group)
Having now all planets on the Codex and RT not ..puts RT itself also in a kind of a "sleeping" state.... bec a lot of players avoid going there bec of not having it there.

I have no clue on how much re-writing/programming/derangling missions work this would be ...but maybe it can still exist in a combo way?
like having the old npc for a "special" mission NEEDING to have a codex rank of xx from a player to get to the next stage ???
(or getting a new npc near a tp/or terminal which collects the infos/stages on a a handful of old npc´s where you then can select your stage/mission etc
which works as a combo-member between mission and codex--> so that after the grace period the old npc´s can be removed and only this one is left)

A lot of missions are also kinda "old-fashioned" , the game and the playerbase also has changed in some manners
Nowadays not many ppl want to look/explore so much finding a npc somehwere in the field --> they want all accessible and easy findable on 1 terminal or such.

I often see ppl getting frustrated/freakin out bec of the dozens of npc in cyrene (for example)
Entropia isnt primarily the exploring game and looking for missions anymore like 10 yrs ago, now the focus is on skills(Codex+Meta) , "fun" , stable %base return !! in almost real time (had to say it) , getting/upgrading the own gear on a recent cost/advantage ratio .

Eddie

RT is now probably the best planet to be on for future skills. Doing the Ironmissions to the last levels and then when codex arrives getting Codex+Iron+Daily together.

Since this has to be all done in one go and it will eliminate certain missions and story lines if we include mobs like prisoners and zombies etc.. . I think its important to know what missions anyone really cares about on RT .. ( assuming they are still working) A lot of our mission chains were quite elaborate in their scope and interconnected with other chains so we run the risk of breaking things unexpectedly when we start fiddling . Obviously the codex has alot of value . maybe now is the time for a complete overhaul and focus on simpler experience on RT for now and then we can start a new series of story based missions after thr codex is implemented

Since this has to be all done in one go and it will eliminate certain missions and story lines if we include mobs like prisoners and zombies etc.. . I think its important to know what missions anyone really cares about on RT .. ( assuming they are still working) A lot of our mission chains were quite elaborate in their scope and interconnected with other chains so we run the risk of breaking things unexpectedly when we start fiddling . Obviously the codex has alot of value . maybe now is the time for a complete overhaul and focus on simpler experience on RT for now and then we can start a new series of story based missions after thr codex is implemented

I think this is probably the way forward. Give everybody who has started a mission chain a set time to finish, and then after that rewrite the missions based around the Codex or working with it :) .

I love ROCKtropia I would rather have the codex replace the iron mission I am on the last stage of the national guard mission chain. and I think it would be more interesting and fun if the Zombie story was told in a story based quests where we could choice how we would fight the zombies such as killing them or finding a cure or a vaccine . ( i know there is a already antidote to allow us to enter the biodome) Thank you NEVERDIE for asking for our feedback.

They lie, Cyrene still have epics alongside codex. NI have lot of missions, alongside codex.
Caly still have some storyline missions.
So let they keep "epics" for epic zombie and prison chains, and convert remains to codex.
(ideally -- zombies/prisoners should contribute to codex, when epics are done)

- - - - - - -

Hi!

- - - - - - - - -

Thank you for the response and update.

I'm in two minds about this. I understand the value in Codex+Meta. However, mindless grinding doesn't appeal, that can be done on all planets with Codex now. Codex is a nice option for gaining rewards for a mob if there is another objective in mind, i.e. hunting for new loot in new missions on Monria DSEC-9, Cyrene, and, as has always been the case, hunting for specific materials whether for crafting or mu. Codex is not the be all and end all.

I spend most of my time on RT exactly for the elaborate and interconnected chains (Boot Camp > National Guard > Hacked Signal, Prison, The Cure etc). These are fun and give grinding a purpose. The skill gains along the way are a bonus. That said, there are issues: Prison is bugged for some people where they can't progress on tier 4, Hacked Signal doesn't seem to update after the ZDF Training instance. Maybe Codex would be a fresh start for RT and eliminate the issues caused by these bugs. Maybe Codex would see more people coming to RT for the grind and in turn help the economy there.

However, if Codex is put in, there are a lot of questions to consider when it comes to the interconnected missions:
  • What happens to the mission for new players to get the 'Mobile Phone' for daily missions?
  • Without doing the mission "The Road to War" which is basically just a load of waypoints, you can't start "Police Academy", without doing "Police Academy" you can't get the 'ROCKtropia Police Radio' for Police Daily missions.
  • Without getting the 'B.A.M.F Tactical Radio' at the end of "Boot Camp" (which is needed to start "National Guard") you won't be able to pick up "Hacked Signal".
  • Will the Silver Keys still drop from Prison? Will you still be able to start "Company Mission - The Cure" or will that whole chain be lost?
Rather than ripping out the heart of RT to implement Codex, I'd rather see time and effort spent on long overdue bug fixes so that missions can be progressed (Prison) or started (NPC Diesel Rose). I'd like to see the Werewolf Mine instances fixed and the AI mission overhauled (like an instance for grinding zombies or vixens to generate AI, so you don't waste your PED and time grinding just for some sniper to pick off the AI without contributing to any kills and complete the daily for free). After bug fixes, a period of time should be given so that people have the chance to finish their missions, and then Codex should be implemented.

The thought of having Codex now just for a dumbed down experience will probably make me leave. How long would it be before "a new series of story based missions" are implemented after Codex? We've waited years for bug fixes that still haven't come, no new armors, vehicles or bps like other planets. My fear is that RT will get Codex and be left as is, with no other development, for more years to come.

Last edited:

- - - - - - -

Hi!

- - - - - - - - -

So you have been telling people you were working on something big for the summer VU and then as it come round there is nothing. I am so shocked!!

tenor.gif

0b5e4c06a752213e44eb4af8fd176a874a87da0br1-480-270_hq.gif

tenor.gif

@NEVERDIE you could also consider selling your planet since there is 0 development over the last years :)

Recently they have a history of doing nothing at all.

I think nothing should get implemented by MA for RT until they have a competent a dedicated dev team again.
And who wants to blame them, with all the shenanigans we've seen happening. As a business, someone needs to convince them it's worth more than the trouble. With what kind of outlook would you start paying people?

@NEVERDIE you could also consider selling your planet since there is 0 development over the last years :)
Same question, just passed on to somebody else.

Add shit tons of mobs to hell and codex them. Leave rt proper alone....

What RT bug fixes and spawn adjustments made the patch release 17.8.1 today?

NPC Diesel Rose still doesn't interact. That would have been an obvious bug fix. :unsure:

What I do see is that Hunt the THING was renamed to AmeVRica, the NEVERDIE crypto wallet (here: https://neverdie.com/index.html). All but 1 tp has disappeared and you can't enter it without everything being unequipped. There's clearly been some development there though which is exciting. ?

The expanded area and increased mob spawn (Thugs, thieves, Pissed off Cops , ROCKtropians) around New Harlem (behind the NDC Pawn Shop) is nice. It will be great for Codex. Also the AI spawning here will help to spread people out for the AI daily *fingers crossed*

(y)

This is a seriously sad day if MA actually tied the game to crypto. Now our accounts will have to be assessed for value and reported to avoid big tax problems. That whole colonial oil hack was done with crypto, and guess what...the feds still took the "decentralized" ransom back. Its not what people think it is, widespread acceptance in blockchain for currency is easy when you get the people used to it. Once it becomes a fed coin, which is in the works, the rest get banned and you will always be tracked on every purchase. Greed has allowed a completely privacy invasive gov created currency to become accepted.

This game account has now become an over 100k usd liability on taxes.

Last edited:
This is a seriously sad day if MA actually tied the game to crypto. Now our accounts will have to be assessed for value and reported to avoid big tax problems. That whole colonial oil hack was done with crypto, and guess what...the feds still took the "decentralized" ransom back. Its not what people think it is, widespread acceptance in blockchain for currency is easy when you get the people used to it. Once it becomes a fed coin, which is in the works, the rest get banned and you will always be tracked on every purchase. Greed has allowed a completely privacy invasive gov created currency to become accepted.

I wouldn't worry. It's like the RT Token drop hype all over again.

Ludvig said:

"This content was unintentionally released, and will be reverted.

In the meantime, the Headjack - The THING server will be disabled.

Please contact support if your avatar is located on The Thing server and you would like it to be moved."

Whether that means it will be released in future, or like the RT Token and never went any further, only ND can answer. :rolleyes::cautious:

I wouldn't worry. It's like the RT Token drop hype all over again.

Ludvig said:

"This content was unintentionally released, and will be reverted.

In the meantime, the Headjack - The THING server will be disabled.

Please contact support if your avatar is located on The Thing server and you would like it to be moved."

Whether that means it will be released in future, or like the RT Token and never went any further, only ND can answer. :rolleyes::cautious:
LOL. Rocktropias only update in how long and it ends up being a mistake. I feel sorry for this planet. :(

Back