Codex for ROCKtropia - a discussion

Since this has to be all done in one go and it will eliminate certain missions and story lines if we include mobs like prisoners and zombies etc.. . I think its important to know what missions anyone really cares about on RT .. ( assuming they are still working) A lot of our mission chains were quite elaborate in their scope and interconnected with other chains so we run the risk of breaking things unexpectedly when we start fiddling . Obviously the codex has alot of value . maybe now is the time for a complete overhaul and focus on simpler experience on RT for now and then we can start a new series of story based missions after thr codex is implemented
umm, isn't somehow most of the RT mobs taxed? why would anyone want to do codex and grind for a 5% fee? no matter the skills, are plenty codex all over the Universe that can be done and last for years to some players to be done. Moon/Ark/Cyrene just started to have their own codex.

the calipso related codex mobs are anyhow active, so what remains are the RT dedicated ones and most of them for a spicy cost.

anyway, 5% is not an easy deal even for u if u want to place some out of the taxed zones.

I wouldn't worry. It's like the RT Token drop hype all over again.

Ludvig said:

"This content was unintentionally released, and will be reverted.

In the meantime, the Headjack - The THING server will be disabled.

Please contact support if your avatar is located on The Thing server and you would like it to be moved."

Whether that means it will be released in future, or like the RT Token and never went any further, only ND can answer. :rolleyes::cautious:

There was another update concerning this issue, I'm not on RT but I'm curious as to what happened after. Do you know if they just rolled it back to like it was or is there something new?

Here's my take on this don't add any of your mobs to the codex instead if you haven't already add every mob from all the other planets onto RT and that way it's a one stop shop kinda deal you'll have it just not for your mobs.

If you can and, I hope it's possible if you could reinstate the Iron,Bronze,Silver,Gold mission chains from calypso and next island the Arc hunting mission chains from Cyrene and the IFN mission chains from Arkadia so we could earn those achievements.

Doing what, I suggested would mean you would have to expand the map a little but in the end it would be great.

Let Rocktropia be a mission/achievement based planet while having the codex of the other planets.

Since this has to be all done in one go and it will eliminate certain missions and story lines if we include mobs like prisoners and zombies etc.. . I think its important to know what missions anyone really cares about on RT .. ( assuming they are still working) A lot of our mission chains were quite elaborate in their scope and interconnected with other chains so we run the risk of breaking things unexpectedly when we start fiddling . Obviously the codex has alot of value . maybe now is the time for a complete overhaul and focus on simpler experience on RT for now and then we can start a new series of story based missions after thr codex is implemented
Here's my take on this don't add any of your mobs to the codex instead if you haven't already add every mob from all the other planets onto RT and that way it's a one stop shop kinda deal you'll have it just not for your mobs.

If you can and, I hope it's possible if you could reinstate the Iron,Bronze,Silver,Gold mission chains from calypso and next island the Arc hunting mission chains from Cyrene and the IFN mission chains from Arkadia so we could earn those achievements.

Doing what, I suggested would mean you would have to expand the map a little but in the end it would be great.

Let Rocktropia be a mission/achievement based planet while having the codex of the other planets.

I appreciate you coming into the chat today ND. Here is my request for you to consider as you suggested, at least for the land I have.

I think the codex would be a net loss for the players who hunt Kool Kat, especially considering the lack of Bioregen codex offers the player base.

Most people have no idea just how good RT rewards as a whole are, I personally would vote to keep codex away if it matters. :)

I also highly suggest we get a list of rewards drafted for people to see why I feel this way, and make a better informed decision. I am glad to help in any way if I can.

So my request is is to not have codex for Kool Kat, and keep the old rewards.

I have added 3 other DNA to give codex for players with Atrox, Exarosaur and Neconu which can be adjusted to demand if needed as it stands.

I would also like to suggest here as well (support case asking) that I am willing to pay for a zero value token or item for the land area that might give players a way to redeem bonus rewards they can collect vs relying on a tracker that can only sometimes can be relied on.

glad to see you back.

I think is very simple choose.
If you replace RT loot with shrapnels, you will lose all those 20 hunters on RT.

The people are on Calyso because there has trade environment that cant exist anywhere on the Entropia... until something isn't changed. So make the Codex system if you want only Soul and Forgo on RT... ohhh + all those sweater bots... very simple choose.

Tiger totally disagree with taking in codex on Rocktropia. It is such a dull system and I love that RT sticks with real missions and quest chains! However the only bad experience I have is that I did do all the prison mission and got acess to secret place but I NEVER received any rewards at all for it and I also got acess to highest level in prison but I couldn´t move on after that because every time I try to talk with next suggested prisoner I was killed. That I would like to get help with + I think I deserve the BIG UL weapon for doing the whole mission! /Tiger

I had been meaning to make a mention but keep forgetting.

The bigger demons are not counting for missions. I am finaly able to enjoy killing the level 120's but would love points too if possible.

Thanks

RT has codex.. Just hunt caly mobs with RT irons.
RT irons already have repeat as well...
Codex has repeat...
*hint* WTF are you guys doing elsewhere ? *hint*

So no.. I dont want RT have it's own codex of skill gain destruction.

Imo mission chain rewards come nowhere near matching codex rewards, most of the long mission chains while having nice story lines, simply do not have a payout worth chasing when codex will return more skill, easier. This is why I usually hunt other planets. And only use rocktropia to sweat.

Last edited:
in my opinion, if Codex truly does mess with the loot pool & gives more shrapnel than loot composition Codex would be a waste on RT. i feel its the only planet with actual LOOT rather than stupid crapnel. You can go hunt street kings & actually get MARKUP ! :O (i know the tax is 5% and makes the animal oils MU irrelevent but the point stands) for me personally i would rather have decent loot & iron missions. Rock is my home planet and i dont see any other planet coming close to the scale of missions, unique loot pools & potential for F2P, if codex was introduced markets would fall due to low demand for grindhouse, d-class etc. I love the planet as it is, yes codex will give it a spike in popularity but is that popularity worth it if you lose reliability?

of course META Wise the more codex the better, i wouild love to see EACH monster its own codex
but it is ofc good to have categories even if they reduce meta points available so allow to kill different monster for same codex
what i really would love is to see weirdo's enmatters and ores changed to calypso ones

of course META Wise the more codex the better, i wouild love to see EACH monster its own codex
but it is ofc good to have categories even if they reduce meta points available so allow to kill different monster for same codex
what i really would love is to see weirdo's enmatters and ores changed to calypso ones
its a great lootable zone, add good ores & it would be amazing, pyrite blood moss etc

I spent some time there this weekend finishing the first Kool Kat stage. RT is a cool place with massive cities and a lot going on. It is a shame Neverdie abandoned it. The NI Dev team should buy him out and manage it :)

I spent some time there this weekend finishing the first Kool Kat stage. RT is a cool place with massive cities and a lot going on. It is a shame Neverdie abandoned it. The NI Dev team should buy him out and manage it :)
For what it's worth ND logged in after new years and said bug fixes and codex are coming this year... so maybe not all hope is lost

For what it's worth ND logged in after new years and said bug fixes and codex are coming this year... so maybe not all hope is lost
Same like creating bilion jobs in universe :D Till its done his words are pretty much not worh anything to me, would be nice to get RT alive even tho i dont like it at all but other players could have some fun there.

lol his been popping in out for last few years and keeps saying that!!
maybe with the upcoming unreal update he doesn't have a choice but to work on it for real this time? I mean if a planet partner refuses to do any development what are the chances Mindark just leaves them out of the game in the new engine? Or maybe they assume ownership. Surely there is a clause in their agreement to handle dead weight partners that aren't fulfilling their end of the deal.

Wasnt NI abandoned for several years before some folks did something about it? I highly doubt there is a clause like that. Seems more "buy in our system but the rest is up to you" type of deal.

Wasnt NI abandoned for several years before some folks did something about it? I highly doubt there is a clause like that. Seems more "buy in our system but the rest is up to you" type of deal.

yes i agree i cant see MA doing anything with RT i am sure they more than happy to leave it rot. We all can speculate what is going to happen or read between the lines about unreal update, but we don't know what will happen until its implemented.

Didn't he say he's not interested in Codex for RT because RT is more than that...? :D

This planet starts getting more active and Ill go there an never leave
same, its such a great planet it just needs more people & a good economy and its hard to say no to it, in my opinion its the only planet with actual decent Loot:Shrapnel ratio

Some may tell that Rocktropia is abanoded etc etc .... but I still think its the most awesome planet in Entropia and I still have had my biggest hunting and crafting HOFs here .... before and late laste year =) So I say we stay and start to make it rock´n´roll again.
I also talk to Neverdie not long ago and hope he soon be back like in old times =) An if you pay a visit to Tangerine, please look into my shop and buy everything you see for sale! LOL /Tiger

Back