Question: Codex: Why can't I find Analysis when I leave Calypso?

VandalHand

Dominant
Society
AO
VandalHand
Seriously, why is no one talking about this?

Since the release of Codex on other planets, I have yet to encounter a single mob that grants Analysis as a reward at rank 5, 15 & 25.

Perhaps this is favoritism towards Calypso, an oversight, or just something handled between MA & Planet Partners.

I suppose the real question is, can we ever expect to see this skill on Codex beyond Calypso?

Regards,
- VH

Last edited:
Seriously, why is no one talking about this?

Doesn't bother me since I skilled Analysis naturally so I never take it in that tier. Was fortunate to harvest so much before Looter was introduced and like the idea that tier of skills remain extremely rare. Maybe it will encourage people to skill it ;)

Codex rewards shouldn't replace natural skilling. At least that's my opinion and feel it is healthy for the game.

Last edited:
Codex rewards shouldn't replace natural skilling. At least that's my opinion and feel it is healthy for the game.

I agree to an extent, some skills should remain harder to obtain, and not be available from Codex so players are able to retain the markup should they decide to sell out.

Let's have a look at 4 total skills though, Laser Weapon Technology & Kill Strike - both with relatively low MU and contrast it against Bioregenesis & Commando with high relative MU.

So for the first set of skills, LWT is offered in codex, and KS is not. Both have low markup because of demand vs difficulty to obtain.
Same can be said of the second set of skills (Bio & Commando) where one is offered in Codex and the other isn't.

Just because a skill is available on Codex doesn't dictate whether it's valuable or not.

That being said, I do find it odd that it is available on Calypso's Codex, just not anywhere else.
They could at least be consistent regarding Codex rewards across all planets in my opinion.

- VH

I agree to an extent, some skills should remain harder to obtain, and not be available from Codex so players are able to retain the markup should they decide to sell out.

Let's have a look at 4 total skills though, Laser Weapon Technology & Kill Strike - both with relatively low MU and contrast it against Bioregenesis & Commando with high relative MU.

So for the first set of skills, LWT is offered in codex, and KS is not. Both have low markup because of demand vs difficulty to obtain.
Same can be said of the second set of skills (Bio & Commando) where one is offered in Codex and the other isn't.

Just because a skill is available on Codex doesn't dictate whether it's valuable or not.

That being said, I do find it odd that it is available on Calypso's Codex, just not anywhere else.
They could at least be consistent regarding Codex rewards across all planets in my opinion.

- VH

I've often wondered if down the road MA doesn't start mixing up the Codex skill gains throughout the system to encourage planet hopping or just to give the system some variety. Maybe each planet should have mobs that have a secondary skill list unique unto itself. Since it was just implemented on other planets maybe it needs to be on some default setting for now but I do agree with you it would be nice for it be consistent. I am actually surprised they didn't just make the reward a default skill percentage and let the player decide where to apply it but that might skew things in weird ways.

Well I was looking more at gameplay progression standpoint instead of MU of skills. When Looter was implemented I had higher Looter than some higher level hunters than me since I am a well balanced skiller. I play this game to attain skills and for character progression. I also find character progression to be the most important part of an MMORPG. So how our characters progress is vitally important on whether or not I log in and others as well. Which I had and many others had a problem with Codex when it was implemented since it ruined a lot of the character progression of old missions. Fortunately Meta codex fixed a lot.

I wish Analysis, Biology and other skills weren't offered in Codex but there is no going back on that now.

True but that changes as the game changes, Example is Biogenesis I sold my Adj Resto awhile ago because that skill was pointless and my Para skills were lacking well behind and needed to work on those valuable unlocks. Now we got L Resto chips and Boom, Biogenesis is important and all of a sudden I'm looking for old Biogenesis missions to use big L chips.

True but that isn't the point it is how does it affect game and character progression in an MMORPG.

Yea you have a solid point just hope they don't add it. Since adding it in the first place I consider a mistake. Also MA might consider these skills a mistake in Codex as well since they did change that skill set from when it was first implemented. It was on 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 then they changed it to be less frequent. So MA likely is paying attention to it and considered the balance or how these skills are acquired is important.

Last edited:
Next Island not on codex buyt the daily C.A.R.E. killing ewards Analysys in nice quantity

someone said anal?

index.php

I've often wondered if down the road MA doesn't start mixing up the Codex skill gains throughout the system to encourage planet hopping or just to give the system some variety.

This is a massive problem with the first iteration of Codex and why many players hated it. At least Meta fixes some issues and gives you a reason to explore mobs you might never hunt. Which in an MMO you should be exploring and finding hidden missions. Codex should of been thought out better and when players gave them a huge pushback on how boring Codex is they at least gave us Meta codex. I do worry though with Codex on every planet that just seems incredibly dull from a gameplay perspective. The game needs to be interesting beyond just the real cash component. It is still a game. It should be fun and immersive.

someone said anal?

index.php

What mob is that in messis screenshot? Did Dasps get an overhall? Tho the background doesnt look like FOMA?!

Do we have a list of mobs that give those skills?
If you dont wanna share publicly, shoot me a PM. Either what mob that is, or which mobs do give Analysis in codex. I cant seem to find that if it is on entropedia.

cheers

Last edited:
noone can tell me what mob that is? or what other mobs I should hunt for analysis codex rewards?

noone can tell me what mob that is? or what other mobs I should hunt for analysis codex rewards?
They are in vacation 😀

This thread by Oleg is what you need.

Good luck!

Thank you! That answered all my questions about anal! And who to hunt for it!
Now imma have to go to foma to see if messis pic is of a dasp. I cant think of another purple mob xD

Thx again and have a great day!

Thank you! That answered all my questions about anal! And who to hunt for it!
Now imma have to go to foma to see if messis pic is of a dasp. I cant think of another purple mob xD

Thx again and have a great day!
Yes It's daspletor :)

I think that mob is a Morgoth Thark, I am not sure about anal but have heard it gives good head :)

i turned it in at a first round and got 230 points.. probabaly was really low on analysis lol
at the light of those numbers definitely analysis is not worth 7900% to me so i will get loot next time :)

Chill guys mobs on other planets do give anal... plenty of anal for evryone

Analysis skill can be picked on Tideclaw codex. enjoy

Looks like the mods likes the anal. much more than ducks :giggle:
Where is the world going.

PP.
The Google translator gives me the same translations for licks and likes. I'm not sure which word I should have used and I was just guessing.
It seems that most of you have studied English and are aware of its grammar, did I write it correctly or do I have to edit it?

Last edited:
Back