Coloring Chance of Success

Midori Fairlona

Stalker
Society
Federation of Free Wanderers
Midori Beretrena Fairlona
Since the new colouring system was introduced in VU 9.0, we appear to have discovered a lot about the different paints and their recommended levels. However, we are still missing data on the Chance of Success (COS) in using each colour.

To work out the differences in the COS I would like to gather data from each colorer.

Edit:
As Sarah has pointed out below, a colour is maxed when you can get a full COS bar with 300 cans of paint. Once the colour has been maxed, the number of paint cans you need will not reduce any further.

Considering the information provided by Sarah, the data I now need is:

• Your Colorer level
  • Whether you can get a full COS bar with 300 cans of paint

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any suggestions about better ways to gather this data then they will also be very welcome.

Last edited:
Code:
Colour      | Required | Maxed
Orange        = 0        = on or before 2
Yellow        = 0        = on or before 21
Blue          = 0        = on or before 21
Olive         = 2        = on or before 21
Steel blue    = 5        = on or before 21
Green         = 8        = on or before 21
Purple        = 12       = on or before 21
Brown         = 15       = on or before 21
Turquoise     = 17       = on or before 21
Navy          = 19       = on or before 34
Violet cream  = 21       = on or before 34
Pink          = 23       = on or before 34
Light green   = 25       = on or before 34
Mauve         = 27       = on or before 34
Umber         = 30       = ?
Deep cadmium  = 31       = ?
Dark blue     = 33       = ?
Burnt umber   = 35       = ?
Dark wine     = 39       = ?
Cornsilk      = 45       = ?
White         = 50       = ?
Crimson       = 55       = ?
Red           = 60       = ?
Black         = 69       = ?

Last edited:
As a secondary experiment, it would be useful to see how many cans of paint are needed to achieve a fully green COS bar at different points between the required level and maxed level for each paint.

Again, any help you can provide for this experiment would be welcome. :)

Level 21:
Violet cream - cannot get 100% COS bar, even with 1000 cans
Level 34.8:
Umber - 100% COS bar with 330 cans
Deep Cadmium - cannot get 100% COS bar, even with 1000 cans

Last edited:
Its a little hard to judge but so far -I'm level 26

Orange 250 cans to max the field
Yellow 270
Blue 270 - or 300 ( the bar looks exactly the same) I'll test some more for you when I have enough of each of the paints.

Its a little hard to judge but so far -I'm level 26

Orange 250 cans to max the field
Yellow 270
Blue 270 - or 300 ( the bar looks exactly the same) I'll test some more for you when I have enough of each of the paints.

Thank you for the help. :yay:

Great Minds Think Alike

Hi before seeing this thread I decided to start testing out the COS with orange, I'm a level 2 colourer and orange's COS maxed out for me at 250 cans (when I first hit green on the slider bar).

I will check out the other colours when I get the chance and let you know

Hi before seeing this thread I decided to start testing out the COS with orange, I'm a level 2 colourer and orange's COS maxed out for me at 250 cans (when I first hit green on the slider bar).

That is interesting. It sounds like orange behaves the same way for colorers at both level 2 and level 26. Perhaps once a paint's COS has been maxed the number of paint cans does not reduce any further. :scratch2:

Can I just clarify a point about the bar colour though? You say that 250 cans is when you first hit green on the slide bar. Is it not green if you have less than 250 cans?

That is interesting. It sounds like orange behaves the same way for colorers at both level 2 and level 26. Perhaps once a paint's COS has been maxed the number of paint cans does not reduce any further. :scratch2:

Can I just clarify a point about the bar colour though? You say that 250 cans is when you first hit green on the slide bar. Is it not green if you have less than 250 cans?

It is true that it is not possible to have 100% CoS with less than 300 Paint Cans, ever. This is the minimum amount of paint cans for this chance of success, however, 250 cans would give you a CoS of around 97%.

There is not much point in asking different colorers how many cans they can use on different colors if they have already maxed them. What we need to know is when they max the colors.

CoSSystem.jpg

It is true that it is not possible to have 100% CoS with less than 300 Paint Cans, ever. This is the minimum amount of paint cans for this chance of success, however, 250 cans would give you a CoS of around 97%.

There is not much point in asking different colorers how many cans they can use on different colors if they have already maxed them. What we need to know is when they max the colors.

CoSSystem.jpg

there's something i've been meaning to ask about that pic Sarah. it lookes like there, 300 cahs is full CoS, so where do you get the number "1000 cans gives you full CoS" from?

there's something i've been meaning to ask about that pic Sarah. it lookes like there, 300 cahs is full CoS, so where do you get the number "1000 cans gives you full CoS" from?

I believe that 1000 cans gives you 100% CoS when you've just unlocked a color, it will then be lowered until you are able to color an item with 100% CoS using 300 cans, that's when a color has been maxed.

Would it not be because sarah has silly high colour skills and therefore 300 will do it, but me being a noob would need 1000 (well a gazillion maybe) :)

Level 2 = 250 cans to max
Level 26 also 250 cans to max
:scratch2:
So skills doesn't mather? ore only for other colors?

Level 2 = 250 cans to max
Level 26 also 250 cans to max
:scratch2:
So skills doesn't mather? ore only for other colors?

Skills doesn't affect the coloring result any further after they have been maxed, and it requires 300 cans for 100% CoS, not 250. 250 will render a result of around 97 - 99%.

Light green was my last colour unlock and I still get a SIB on it so I'll try and get hold of 1k cans etc to help prove Sarah's point.

I'll edit this post with the results when I get them.

Well I had 707 cans put them all in the one field and my CoS was only about 85% so this proves what Sarah was saying.

I suspect whilst there is a SIB in effect then this will always be the case

Last edited:
With Level 21 you have SIB on Turq, Navy and Violet

Turq is maxxed with 300 cans I get 100% CoS
Navy I could not check, because I dont have so many cans
Violet Cream I cant max, not even with 1k Cans

Had some time to do some experimenting today

I'm level 34 Colourer:

colouringlvl.jpg

To get full COS on Umber (recommended lvl 30) I need 330 cans:

colouringcosumber.jpg

I cannot get full COS on Deep Cadmium (recommended lvl 31) with 1000 cans:

colouringcoscad.jpg

All the colours below these levels I have maxed at 300 cans. I had hoped that as skill levels increased the amount of paint needed per lower level colour would've been considerably reduced and not remain the same :/

Hope this helps for collecting data :)

Last edited:
wrong theory

Last edited:
For Skill Gain (not success), 70-100 cans are optimal (in proportion to the investment) due the Tests I made during the week (15 * 25er runs with eah between 30/30 and 100/100 cans per field)

Looking at all info and data given I think a color is maxed (=SIB ends)
5 levels after SIB started!

So it would be like this
Code:
Colour | Required | Maxed
Orange = 0 = 5
Yellow = 0 = 5
Blue = 0 = 5
Olive = 2 = 7
Steel blue = 5 = 10
Green = 8 = 13
Purple = 12 = 17
Brown = 15 = 20
Turquoise = 17 = 22
Navy = 19 = 24
Violet cream = 21 = 26
Pink = 23 = 28
Light green = 25 = 30
Mauve = 27 = 32
Umber = 30 = 35
Deep cadmium = 31 = 36
Dark blue = 33 = 38
Burnt umber = 35 = 40
Dark wine = 39 = 44
Cornsilk = 45 = 50
White = 50 = 55
Crimson = 55 = 60
Red = 60 = 65
Black = 69 = 74

I don't think it is quite as simple as the SIB lasting 5 levels for all colours. For Orange at least the SIB lasts till somewhere around level 2.

colorers pls post your level and which paints you have SIB !!!

wrong theory II

Last edited:
Green was maxed at level 11.25, as far as I heard.

So my fast skill gains on brown sib going to last a few levels more!???

* CHEEEER *

rank 15.8 sib brown all over lower colors not sib anymore and with brown I cant get perfect success yet no mater how much cans

So my fast skill gains on brown sib going to last a few levels more!???
* CHEEEER *

Ye Brown and Violet are perfect for skilling as they drop so much and are relatively cheap. Lucky us :cool:

I have narrowed down the SIB intervals here, assuming full CoS with 300 cans is equivalent or at least very close to SIB = "Not anymore"

If your Colorer Pro Standing has changed in between, please check if the values at entropedia match your current SIBs, and post updates here!

*bump*

Seems im always a step behind ;)

Did you ask colorers ingame? Or did i miss it on here?

I will include your results in the entropedia table, however, unless it is confirmed that SIB ends at a full level for several colors, i will take those data as approximation only

Seems im always a step behind ;)

Did you ask colorers ingame? Or did i miss it on here?

I will include your results in the entropedia table, however, unless it is confirmed that SIB ends at a full level for several colors, i will take those data as approximation only

It IS approximation as SIB does NOT end on full level! I maxed Turq myself at ~21.9 Proffession level.

Ok, i hope we can find a scheme behind it as the participants progress keeps narrowing it down!

I still recommend to get the colorer pro standing level more exact (2 decimal digits) by using jdegres tool

MA announced there will be more different colors in the future, and a customer should know which colorer to pick for the colors he need, because the risk is on the customers side if a coloring attempt fails!

Thank you for your contribution so far, i will follow my own progress very closely (although my colorer level is still not worth mentioning), i hope we get some more feedback on this from the others.

I still think the numbers suck :)

How tiny must those paint cans be that u need 300 to color one field of a garment :D

paint is heavy, so it must be alot of paint per can :) otherwise gold would be less heavy the paint:scratch2:

So you need like 900 Litres of paints to colour 3 fields with 100% cos?

Weird, uhm Im gonna go for another :smoke:

Back