Achievement: Commando, years too late

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
Been mostly mining for the past few years. Couple of months ago, I noticed that I seem to have been sitting at level 68 laser pistol (hit) for the longest time. (Yes, obviously I don't pay attention to my skills/professions. My mining setup works, so any mining skill gains don't matter to me.)
Well obviously, I now had to focus on the final 2 levels to unlock Commando.

Except, as I've mentioned here before, hunting doesn't do well for me. Like, ever. (80-93% returns are pretty common for me for some reason)
And, even after...
  • Buying Headshot 4,
  • Buying Bullseye 7
  • Finding mobs w/ good hp/level ratios
  • Banking codex rewards until the end (so their increases won't slow my regular skill gains even more)
  • Using some stored skill pills
  • etc. etc.

The skill gains were.... Horrible. 0.02 levels gained per 1k peds spent, usually losing ~150-200 ped/run.
And did I mention, ped, burning? So not only do I skill slow, but I kill my ped card quickly.
Thus, I had to mine for a few weeks, use the profits to hunt until I was back to mining money. Rinse Repeat.

But.. Finally... I got it during Halloween Mayhem.
Turns out, I could have unlocked this LONG ago had I noticed. But oh well. Now, back to not losing as much ped.

index.php

Big gratz JohnCapital, don't the years fly by!

Congratz, took me a long time too. Tended to mine quite a bit, crafted some, took a few years off. But came back mainly hunting, got commando, health gains were great, got killstrike and dmg gains were great. Now i'm in the slow grind to 100 (well not so slow, 10hr 100% skill gain pills are great). Main thing is just keep doing what you enjoy in the game.

Nice work! Meaby start a mining journey and show us what gear you use😗
Im curious after the line :

Gl at mayhem☕
Yeah thought about it a few times, but we'll see.

Big gratz JohnCapital, don't the years fly by!
O.M.G!!!! You ain't just whistling Dixie.

Main thing is just keep doing what you enjoy in the game.
And that's the whole secret, for those who don't play this game as their source of income.

How about. Play the game.
Oh sure. ok. Let's see.
Started back in 2006, but current spreadsheet only goes back to June 10 2016, so I'll work with those numbers
Out of 2,332 days since then, I've logged activity on 1,018 days, or ~43.65%, so call it almost every other day for past 6 years. (and tbh, was even more active from 06 to 16 so...) Longest break was 6 days.
Avg spend/day played = ~700ped (just counting decay, ammo, etc. not returns obviously)
So I spend $70USD every other day on this game, while having a full time job (with overtime) and other hobbies/interests as well.

That "play the game" enough for you?

Avg spend/day played = ~700ped (just counting decay, ammo, etc. not returns obviously)
So I spend $70USD every other day on this game, while having a full time job (with overtime) and other hobbies/interests as well.

That "play the game" enough for you?
You cycle 700 ped, not spend $70 usd. to spend 70 usd each day you play would mean your deposing $70 each time you log in

You cycle 700 ped, not spend $70 usd. to spend 70 usd each day you play would mean your deposing $70 each time you log in
Word play. I spend $70. I just get a lot of it back.
However, I'll roll w/ your "cycle, not spend" issue.

My point still stands. I believe I play this game quite plenty, and having some troll come along and try the "you don't pay enough to get it" thing on me doesn't work.

Word play. I spend $70. I just get a lot of it back.
However, I'll roll w/ your "cycle, not spend" issue.

My point still stands. I believe I play this game quite plenty, and having some troll come along and try the "you don't pay enough to get it" thing on me doesn't work.
I am not trolling or saying you don't play or anything that the other guys said.
I just mean spending means it comes out of your wallet or bank account, ped in game is already spent. The money is spent when you put it into the game.

The money is spent when you put it into the game.
If anyone would correctly reason like you do, Sis, we would see no ranting.
amusement money is gone as PED are bought. IN CASE some MIGHT come back
that is the positive way of thinking.. then... we just need to let our ped last forever......

I am not trolling or saying you don't play or anything that the other guys said.
I just mean spending means it comes out of your wallet or bank account, ped in game is already spent. The money is spent when you put it into the game.
Sorry, I wasn't saying you did. I was just talking about the comment from The Living Tribunal.

And I'm not gonna quibble about the spend vs cycle thing. In fairness, I used the "spend" term as a little dig back at the person having a good time by giving others grief.

BACK TO THE POINT OF THIS THREAD:

Had I noticed what level I was at 1-2 years ago, I would have cleared this hurdle MUCH sooner. Shame on me for not paying attention.

Sorry, I wasn't saying you did. I was just talking about the comment from The Living Tribunal.

And I'm not gonna quibble about the spend vs cycle thing. In fairness, I used the "spend" term as a little dig back at the person having a good time by giving others grief.

BACK TO THE POINT OF THIS THREAD:

Had I noticed what level I was at 1-2 years ago, I would have cleared this hurdle MUCH sooner. Shame on me for not paying attention.
Oh well if your not hunting your not gaining commando anyways so no loss on the delay.

Oh well if your not hunting your not gaining commando anyways so no loss on the delay.
Didn't say that, just doing more mining than hunting. Here's last 2 years cycled as an example:

Hunt - 25,608.35
Mine - 200,600.60

Hunt - 38,13.66 (of that, latest 18,068.64 was specific to this Commando goal)
Mine - 57,292.27

I have lots of things I like doing in this game, almost ALL of which are ped burners (I.E. trying to get 1,000 in all skills. A multi-year long term personal goal)
So my course of play is to mine, build up the funds for my desired activities for a bit then return to mining once that's been wasted.
Should I focus on one thing and build my war chest more? Money-wise yes. Entertainment-wise, nope.

OMG I seen that...Damn, wanted to shit talk..I hate you!

hhahhaha Love you GZ:wtg:

Just noticed this and not sure why, but i figured you hit commando around the same time I did for some reason.. well belated gz for what i thought you did years ago now :D

SpikE

Next goal should be L100

How about. Play the game.
How bout you post a screen shot of your skills to show us how you play the game?

Gratz John!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I´m @ the same Way :) But i have to do the last remaining 4,3 Levels for unlock Commando......

Good to see you catching up!
Congratulation, keep the faith and keep progressing!

Just noticed this and not sure why, but i figured you hit commando around the same time I did for some reason.. well belated gz for what i thought you did years ago now :D
Yeah I would have, had I not gone into the mining biz years ago. But stats don't lie, for some reason, my avatar just sucks at hunting. :ROFLMAO:

It's all good though. I still enjoy the game, else I wouldn't be here.

Back