Achievement: Commando

Jimmy B

Indioni Jones
Society
Skillin' Villains
Oni
I took quite a long time to do it (avatar created a little over 6.5 years ago) but Oni finally unlocked Commando last weekend. :D

All natural. After the first few months of making all sorts of mistakes, I focussed on amped Opalo for a few years until the amp nerf. At that point options for skilling laser sniper were limited, so I switched to H400. Eventually I bought an UL Adj LR32 and later an UL LR53 and skilled most of the way with those. I decided to sell the UL gun recently in favour of CLDs. Since then I've been using mainly LR48/53/59/Jungle303, with Corrosive ME as my finisher and First Gen Electric V as my tagger.

I kept a log of spend, return and pro-level gains on each hunt from L69 to L70. Hunts were about 1000 PED per run, the worst run returned 62% TT. Total TT return was 97%. Including hunting MU in and out, I recorded a loss of 150 PED, although including CLD revenue, skill-gain and other MU profits, Oni's net worth certainly rose during the 7 weeks it took (~40k PED cycled). No loot complaints from me ;)

When I started the log I was convinced I got better skill gains from using Arkadia guns than from Calypso guns, so I tracked pro-level gains per spend to see if there was anything in it. It quickly became apparent there wasn't. I tried a spell with Hunnirs and Jzar to see if they significantly increased gains. They did a bit, but it was pretty small. None of this was done with great rigour, but the standout result for me was the variation in skill-gains from mob to mob. Of the mobs I hunted a decent amount, Eviscerators were the best for pro-level gain (3.2% per kPED). Small Argos were next best (2.8% per kPED). Atrox and Formi/Scips were both significantly worse (around 2.1% per kPED). Certainly worthy of further investigation.

Last edited:
I think Kreltins is one of the best mobs for skillgains but expensive to hunt unless you are lucky, would be nice to see if anyone would like to tarck skillgains on those, im to lazy and inactive right now to do it myself...

gz :)
unlocked commando yesterdya myself
question that bothers me is: whats the "shortest" way to lvl 100

Nice Job Jimmy!

Thanks for all the number crunching that came with it!

JEHU

I think Kreltins is one of the best mobs for skillgains but expensive to hunt unless you are lucky, would be nice to see if anyone would like to tarck skillgains on those, im to lazy and inactive right now to do it myself...

I'm planning a CP trip, after I've finished off some planetside Iron missions. Probably in a couple of weeks. I'll keep an eye on skillgains.

what you mean by "tt spent"?
weapon, armor, heal, amp, mu?

what you mean by "tt spent"?
weapon, armor, heal, amp, mu?

Um, I mean TT Spent. Ammo, armour, gun/chips, implant, amp, fap. Anything.

Markup spent, and markup looted, is not shown here, although I naturally tracked that too.

gz :)
unlocked commando yesterdya myself
question that bothers me is: whats the "shortest" way to lvl 100

Gratz! Eating chips is the shortest way ;)

Getting there from natural skilling is not something I will bother thinking about this decade. Life is too short.

Welcome to the club! I'm curious as to how much in deposits it takes to acquire commando?

You'll never make it!

Oh wait... grats!

Welcome to the club! I'm curious as to how much in deposits it takes to acquire commando?

By skilling naturally?

Depends how you play. If you made no mistakes, and play the markup game well, not much. I naturally did make mistakes, but after starting with amped Opalo I didn't deposit for a long time. I bought the UL Adj LR32 with profits from in-game. Unfortunately I paid way too much for it, ultimately losing 16k PED of markup after selling it on. My error in judgement, but the RL market crash didn't help things either. After that I decided to deposit for the UL LR53. Since then I didn't deposit again until CLDs arrived.

Small Argos were next best (2.8% per kPED).

I had no idea, I guess I got lucky.

Congratulations on unlocking the best hidden skill in Entropia. Watch that hp go up. :)

Gratz Jimmy

KillStrike 2 years?

Bones

Gratz on the nice unlock. :yay:

Enjoy a few fast levels gained in hit professions and up to 10 fast HP points ;)

Bad news is that from now on advancement will be very slow, but you'll get used to it eventually. :(

It seems to be some kind of epidemic!

Good job on the tracking, and thanks for sharing. That tt return is pretty outstanding...

Big congratulations Jimmy unlocking commando. Good to read your post too, interesting observations.

Best of luck for the future.

Rick.

Thanks for all the gratzes. It's a nice point to have reached.

Good job on the tracking, and thanks for sharing. That tt return is pretty outstanding...

Yes, it was better than I expected (there is a nice 1.2k PED Eviscerator in there which helps), but very welcome as I was focussing more on event and mission mobs than good MU mobs so had tt returns been poor it could have been a costly spell.

Enjoy a few fast levels gained in hit professions and up to 10 fast HP points ;)

Indeed. I have 188 HP at the moment, so getting to 200 HP shouldn't take too long. That'll be a nice landmark to hit.

KillStrike 2 years?

Bad news is that from now on advancement will be very slow, but you'll get used to it eventually. :(

It's already slow ;)

I'm not even going to think about KillStrike for a couple of years. I guess I'll get there some time in the second half of the decade at the current rate of progress.

I do have some plans to speed up advancement. As long as returns remain decent, I intend to use CLD revenue to slowly buy up better gear. Some sort of Angel/Tiger/Lion/MartialSGA armour combination initially. Then I guess a decent long range weapon that hopefully will be eco enough to use at long range with decent scopes and sights on it. Then maybe Adj Fap if prices don't go up in the mean time. Also, whenever I loot an ESI I'm chipping out skills I don't use any more as I've cross-skilled quite a lot. I plan to use the PED from that to chip in Evader/HP skills to speed up my progress on that front a bit.

Back