Community Harassement, need some help and input here.

Status

Mika

Elite
So need some input here, and highlight on a issue.

Rewind to about 3-4 weeks ago, I saw something on twitch on a channel in the EU section, that I found very suspicious. IE in the span of a few minutes they had gained a influx of 50+ onlookers without any raids, and the viewership never dipped down.

I found it suspicious, I looked at it for a few days, using social blade, and other tracker sites one can use, you can see chatters in a twitch stream and you can see fairly detailed statistics, and it was still odd, so i reported it and went about my day. Obviously memed about but hey, if not meme why live. I've helped twitch before to find viewbots, its not a big issue, and i've said it before here on PCF too that those red flags stick out like a sore thumb. The algorithms they use are still with stuff I helped create and have been with. (I guess that makes me a liability and unable to report someone ever again?) But being a few years now since i talked to those developers, i don't know how they do things now, shadowbans remain manual review which is something that i know has happened to him, unbenownst me.

About a week ago i saw the person was still live and kept popping between a couple of categories and going live and what not and the viewership had gone down a lot and everytime i saw it, it had varied. But the title they had, made me curious about what had happened so i decided to snoop in and look at vods etc and skim about. Only to realize they have been borderline going on a manhunt for whomever screwed them over. Because it was no wrong doing. And they had been obsessent talking about that it was no wrong doing for ages.

Someone random had also poked me on discord asking me to look at it, possibly seeing me here on PCF spamming about viewbots harshly often, Fuck knows. I can't find the discord add anymore, if anyone knows any person or any relation to whomever "MyrobyStan" would be please do say something to either me, or this other guy who i think people know who i'm talking about is.

Thought to myself that sure some one can fuck up, no biggie. I figured that if it was my report that had twitch do automated and manual reviews (which seems to be whats happened) I could poke them and at least explain them why, how and what, and tell them how they can go to twitch to get things back straight again.

That lead to a 10+ hours back and fourth being yelled at about how much of a shit person i am for attacking him... (I reported suspicious behaviour on a third party platform for something that would be against terms of service).

Now it seems that this person has a lot of godamn enemies. Looking at his vods again because like i told him in chat before he blocked and unabled me to say anything, i did not feel safe about his friends threatening my well being on live, and i did say i would take that forward if he did not stop that, which i did. But now I had someone tell me they are still, chasing manhunts and apparantly i'm famous in his community. Being hunted, charged with criminal charges, reported to the authorities, reported to mindark. and you name it. Just for reporting them on twitch, about what i found to be suspicious behaviour.

I do not have any relation to this guy before. But now i've apparantly become the spearhead issue of all of his issues, and the sole target to aim shit at, simply because I felt bad for reporting something that twitch ended up taking action against, and wanted to help him right it with twitch. He did tell me i should have poked him, before reporting which nothing against him is stupid. "We investigated ourselves and found no wrong doing"

But now having gotten tonnes of "reset password" mails on accounts from other games i play, other services i use. I do not feel safe anymore in any way. What would be the best action to do here? Do not help people online guys, if you do something wrong, do not fucking try to correct a wrong. Lesson of the day?

I've gotten some PM's asking me who it is, I will not name and shame.

I do not condone or want anyone to harass or dis-support him. I do not want anyone to target him with bad shit, or go above or beyond wanting him harm or harassement or anything similar either I simply want to be left alone.

I am sure people don't mind him and that is fine, that is how it should be. Out of respect for wanting to be left out of this guys war with someone else I wish not to be involved in any way shape or form with so i do not want to name him directly. Sorry.

Lesson of the day?
When you report a crime, you instantly become the enemy of the criminal. Going the extra mile to school the criminal on why it was not good what he did or how not to do it in the future, can go sideways so ideally stick to reporting imo and ignore the activity if it bothers you. Past the point where you reported it, making it a holy war about it, will have some people trying to figure out who is harassing who...

I have a pretty good idea who you are talking about and if im wrong the behavior still sux donkeya$$. Any1 can look at the EU page of twitch and see a few ppl doing EP1 for hours with alot of viewers...sry to say but i think all of them are using viewbots. EP4 and shrap, sure ppl will look at it cuz it is g4m8eling but EP1.....nah. Report them all. If its all honkey dory it should not be a problem, right? =) If they keep threatening you. Screendump, report again, send to MA and the police etc.

[Moderated: Removed rule violation]

i am a streamer and ill tell you this, a stream gets targeted by view bots either 3 ways
1, the streamer is using view bots and ignores any warnings tips from viewers and chatters
2. someone is spending money to send view bots to a streamer to pump their numbers and also get them banned since they would know who and what viewer and amount of viewers are fake,
3, someone with good intentions spends money and sends bot in hopes streamer grows with or without the streamers knowledge

now i am not saying you are setting people up but i will say this if you are going to report streams please do all the streams that have these similar numbers and behaviors because. I can tell you this just like in game there is competition from streamers who jump in once a month, or a week and get 40+ viewers and nothing has been done on them , i have already notified twitch that i could be targeted next and have requested them to view my stream for any accounts that seem fake so i can then do the next course of action, i have also sent other streamers a warning and advice on view bots and lets just say they ignored my messages after viewer spike, you can claim my stream is fake and stuff but i set up a system to have viewers have to chat participate and be involved in game , after twitch responds then i will see what actions i should take, the nature of my stream is to help the community and not hurt it. So respectfully i am asking that if you're going to do social justice it would be nice to give the streamer a message of "hey i believe your stream is being view botted just letting you know ive seen some stuff" and let the streamer decide what to do, and if behavior continues then go ahead full on report to twitch they deserve it, but as i am aware nobody was given a friendly warning to stop such behavior and i believe if as a community we want this game to grow we have to stop keeping things to ourselves but thats my 2 cents

sincerely a streamer that welcomes all criticism bash me if you want it doesnt matter i dont condone any exploits but i also dont condone people who dont communicate and give respectful advice, warning, constructive critisism

Last edited by a moderator:
I know exactly who and what this is about, and i'm sorry so much complexity and struggle has come onto you like this.

This streamer is within a community with over 200 members from my last count, including some streamers, so 50+ viewers isn't a stretch, the streams have incentives for EU players so there will be big numbers watching.

I would also like to point out that at no point has the streamer initiated or requested any ill intent be brought onto you, it may have been handled better, sure, we're all only human and a lot of emotions are involved, we are reactive by nature, we just want to know where this is coming from so we can nip it in the bud so to speak, as respectfully as possible.

But there is something malicious going on here for sure, in some community, i do not want to stipulate, but even myself as a fairly new streamer has been shadowban with less than 5 viewers average in 30-days, i get raided once with 55 viewers and now i've been reported as well, and of course, a slew of reports will ensure twitch strikes the shadowban down before doing any actual investigation that's how they roll, it doesn't makes sense to me as I have put in all security methods provided by the platform to ensure bots and spammers are removed immediately, yet somehow, because of an influx of viewers i'm shadowbanned.

The process of growth is a fearful one, but this is not what I expected.

streamers who jump in once a month, or a week and get 40+ viewers and nothing has been done on them ,

I think we have to be careful reporting all streamers with higher than the average numbers, even the ones who are not streaming regularly. It should be clear however, who is using bots and who isnt, by reading the viewers list and watching the interaction levels. I would expect many of the well known players to go live and hit 40+ pretty fast with no bots. I appreciate you are also arguing the same point further on in your post about informing the streamer prior to reporting, however I have read it a lot particularly on PCF where all with higher than average get tarred with the same brush.

I do however agree that the afk streams are a blight on the game, and where they are breaking the rules - should be reported. Quite often though with the afk streams they are not all bots, its channel point farming, which is arguably worse. These tend to be real entrpopians, who are either afk sweating and lurking in these channels for many hours at a time to collect whatever the reward is that is being offered. The streamer feeds ads at these "viewers" and from that revenue keeps some for them and some of the rewards. The down side of this is anyone looking to see what Entropia is all about, is faced with these incredibly boring afk streams. Its ofc against twitch rules as the advertisers are paying to have their ads shown to customers, not afk lurkers. That's not to say they don't use bots also, compounding the issue.

Edit to add - I have nothing against the streamers who are active and reward active viewers. I think that can be a lot of fun and of benefit to many.

Last edited:
I think we have to be careful reporting all streamers with higher than the average numbers, even the ones who are not streaming regularly.
its not about jumping in regularly or once a month im sorry if it sounds like targeting people who have IRL stuff that its understandable to stream, but the idea is even if its once a month or regularly we have to be aware of these attacks and such, especially if you stream once a month maybe you might not be aware of these attacks or how it works.
The OP of this post is doing the right thing with a wrong approach that is all i want to say, at least to help the community i get their view but it be nice for them to understand. for example my stream is meant to create events help players, free skills. all from twitch revenue if i get shutdown, fine doesnt affect my personal pedcard but it will limit what funding i can do for the community and such, these factors are somewhat important for the game, its not about MA, twitch but its about individual and also communal cooperation in my eyes

Nobody harassed me in entropia universe or twitch in 8 years as long as I am the one choosing what I view/what channels i join and I have ignore function ingame.

i am a streamer and ill tell you this, a stream gets targeted by view bots either 3 ways
1, the streamer is using view bots and ignores any warnings tips from viewers and chatters
2. someone is spending money to send view bots to a streamer to pump their numbers and also get them banned since they would know who and what viewer and amount of viewers are fake,
3, someone with good intentions spends money and sends bot in hopes streamer grows with or without the streamers knowledge

its not about jumping in regularly or once a month im sorry if it sounds like targeting people who have IRL stuff that its understandable to stream, but the idea is even if its once a month or regularly we have to be aware of these attacks and such, especially if you stream once a month maybe you might not be aware of these attacks or how it works.
The OP of this post is doing the right thing with a wrong approach that is all i want to say, at least to help the community i get their view but it be nice for them to understand. for example my stream is meant to create events help players, free skills. all from twitch revenue if i get shutdown, fine doesnt affect my personal pedcard but it will limit what funding i can do for the community and such, these factors are somewhat important for the game, its not about MA, twitch but its about individual and also communal cooperation in my eyes

Not all would deny, not all would ignore, many would try to defend and talk around it. This has happened and did happen a few times in the BDO category some years back when someone viewbotted to get partner. Which is also the most common reason to do it.

Anyone can use social blade, twitchstats, or go on github and look up any amount of twitch chat streamer skimmer or view skimmer tools to see the amount of viewers a channel gets, followers, etc etc. like mentioned i looked for a bit, and it would spike with set numbers between 50+ (set numbers, 50, 55,65, 80 etc, round numbers that stick out) And when this happens on a stream that for the prior several months, or years had a very low followship, low viewership, and without any change in stream attempts, no change in interaction, no change in how they stream, or profile updates at all. That was the suspiciousness that made me send a report as explained in this case. It does not require rocketscience.

I gave the streamer a lot of advice and had to repeat myself several times what they could do towards twitch, and most neutral i found rather than giving them random links i gave them some youtube guide as well on how to avoid people maliciously targeting their account and stream. They did not even know you could stream multiple places at the same time, I told them they could do that too. You seem like someone who knows about the chatlog, feel free to go read it yourself.

So as i mentioned i simply reported what was a clear example of suspicious behaviour i came across. Would I do it again if i saw it somewhere else? yes. Why? Don't know, I simply don't feel like letting chaos reigning is a thing I want to see, so cheating in a game, ill report it, cheating on a streamer platform? ill report it, cheating taxes irl? ill report it. Naive goodie 2shoes i suppose. But when seeing what might be a mistake, it feels wrong to just turn a blind side, or aid the one who might be doing something by going "hey, you may be viewbotted, just a heads up" there is no outcome to approaching someone you think might be conducting a behaviour that you think is wrong, that wont lead to giving them every tool and trick to avoid any and all consequence.

if doing it themselves, just turn them off, and say thanks youll look into it, phew dodged a bullet there! and/or "we investigated ourselves and found no wrong doing". Its best to let the ones in charge decide, ie twitch in this case. That does not however stop things when later on and someone gives you a nudge and you are naive and dont think much of it and go look, and see that you maybe did wrong like i did. It really does not feel right to get instantly yelled at, and threatened. Emotions i get it, but yeah nah, in turn i no longer feel safe, i've had to spend the past two days resetting passwords, and worrying about what else.

The only right approach i should have done, was report it, and never look back. But i'm sadly not a !!!!, so if i see i've done something wrong the least i felt i could do was to try and help. Give guides on how to avoid it in the future and so on. All that was ignored in favor of emotions ,threats, lawsuit threats, and riling up a lot of people to all target me.

I would also like to point out that at no point has the streamer initiated or requested any ill intent be brought onto you, it may have been handled better, sure, we're all only human and a lot of emotions are involved, we are reactive by nature, we just want to know where this is coming from so we can nip it in the bud so to speak, as respectfully as possible.

I doubt they have, but in turn not notioning once in their vods at laest, that i tried to come and help, only playing on emotions and as the above sentance riling up their community, its made me a unwanted target for something anyone could have done.

Edit: Yes obviously should say that when someone yells at you and you have to repeat yourself time and time again to them and all they do is be angry and refuse to see reason, its obviously going to make me agitated as well, and english not being my native language its something i do not know how to de-escalate untill it becomes "in retrospect"

Nobody harassed me in entropia universe or twitch in 8 years as long as I am the one choosing what I view/what channels i join and I have ignore function ingame.

It has nothing to do with any ignore function, when you get dozens of people you have no clue who even are, targeting you. Then it becomes a bit difficult.

Also you make 9 figure profits of each snable hunt so that counts for something /s

If as the OP says he had/has 50 viewers (with suspected bots), I really wouldn't worry about it tbh. If someone needs bots to make up to a whole 50 viewers it is hardly a career move :ROFLMAO:.
I really wouldn't bother to much about it, i mean 50 people are not going to cause you a big problem. I would suggest that by admitting you did it here would create more drama tbh.

Not saying right/wrong on either side, just to get some perspective :)

Imho I don't see why you would even put so much thought into it. We know when we see a craft stream with a large number of viewers its BS. Cause we probably do not want to see an afk craft stream. Anyone streaming quality content, engaging the audience will always be above the view botter with shitty content.

You didn't go about your day when you went out of your way to dig further in by, in your own words.. "using social blade, and other tracker sites" to investigate and report him. Coming on here and stating your grievances about the subject also doesn't look like reporting and going about your day, you pretty much singled yourself out. So you can't be surprised that they're people out there willing to go out of their way to try and intimidate you. Unfortunately that's the price people pay for wanting to do what they feel is right, in any situation. If it bothers you to this extent, given it is over some meaningless bs, you should mind your own business on the subject. Or at the very least keep quiet about what you do. Because by making it personal, you gave yourself away to them.

In all honesty though anyone who is gonna threaten you over some small bs like that... over the internet... I can almost guarantee you isn't really built like that. If you pay mind to stuff like that, more power to them. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Not all would deny, not all would ignore, many would try to defend and talk around it. This has happened and did happen a few times in the BDO category some years back when someone viewbotted to get partner. Which is also the most common reason to do it.

Anyone can use social blade, twitchstats, or go on github and look up any amount of twitch chat streamer skimmer or view skimmer tools to see the amount of viewers a channel gets, followers, etc etc. like mentioned i looked for a bit, and it would spike with set numbers between 50+ (set numbers, 50, 55,65, 80 etc, round numbers that stick out) And when this happens on a stream that for the prior several months, or years had a very low followship, low viewership, and without any change in stream attempts, no change in interaction, no change in how they stream, or profile updates at all. That was the suspiciousness that made me send a report as explained in this case. It does not require rocketscience.

I gave the streamer a lot of advice and had to repeat myself several times what they could do towards twitch, and most neutral i found rather than giving them random links i gave them some youtube guide as well on how to avoid people maliciously targeting their account and stream. They did not even know you could stream multiple places at the same time, I told them they could do that too. You seem like someone who knows about the chatlog, feel free to go read it yourself.

So as i mentioned i simply reported what was a clear example of suspicious behaviour i came across. Would I do it again if i saw it somewhere else? yes. Why? Don't know, I simply don't feel like letting chaos reigning is a thing I want to see, so cheating in a game, ill report it, cheating on a streamer platform? ill report it, cheating taxes irl? ill report it. Naive goodie 2shoes i suppose. But when seeing what might be a mistake, it feels wrong to just turn a blind side, or aid the one who might be doing something by going "hey, you may be viewbotted, just a heads up" there is no outcome to approaching someone you think might be conducting a behaviour that you think is wrong, that wont lead to giving them every tool and trick to avoid any and all consequence.

if doing it themselves, just turn them off, and say thanks youll look into it, phew dodged a bullet there! and/or "we investigated ourselves and found no wrong doing". Its best to let the ones in charge decide, ie twitch in this case. That does not however stop things when later on and someone gives you a nudge and you are naive and dont think much of it and go look, and see that you maybe did wrong like i did. It really does not feel right to get instantly yelled at, and threatened. Emotions i get it, but yeah nah, in turn i no longer feel safe, i've had to spend the past two days resetting passwords, and worrying about what else.

The only right approach i should have done, was report it, and never look back. But i'm sadly not a !!!!, so if i see i've done something wrong the least i felt i could do was to try and help. Give guides on how to avoid it in the future and so on. All that was ignored in favor of emotions ,threats, lawsuit threats, and riling up a lot of people to all target me.

I doubt they have, but in turn not notioning once in their vods at laest, that i tried to come and help, only playing on emotions and as the above sentance riling up their community, its made me a unwanted target for something anyone could have done.

Edit: Yes obviously should say that when someone yells at you and you have to repeat yourself time and time again to them and all they do is be angry and refuse to see reason, its obviously going to make me agitated as well, and english not being my native language its something i do not know how to de-escalate untill it becomes "in retrospect"

It has nothing to do with any ignore function, when you get dozens of people you have no clue who even are, targeting you. Then it becomes a bit difficult.

Also you make 9 figure profits of each snable hunt so that counts for something /s
So i started streaming 3 weeks ago i started with 5 viewers now im at 30 average peak around 50 a day i would like to invite you to see what viewers are bots so i can eliminate them im new to streaming so im learning slowy what i have to do to avoid such attacks but if you have knowledge i would invite you to share it since im just one guy trying to make a difference

Imho I don't see why you would even put so much thought into it. We know when we see a craft stream with a large number of viewers its BS. Cause we probably do not want to see an afk craft stream. Anyone streaming quality content, engaging the audience will always be above the view botter with shitty content.

You didn't go about your day when you went out of your way to dig further in by, in your own words.. "using social blade, and other tracker sites" to investigate and report him. Coming on here and stating your grievances about the subject also doesn't look like reporting and going about your day, you pretty much singled yourself out. So you can't be surprised that they're people out there willing to go out of their way to try and intimidate you. Unfortunately that's the price people pay for wanting to do what they feel is right, in any situation. If it bothers you to this extent, given it is over some meaningless bs, you should mind your own business on the subject. Or at the very least keep quiet about what you do. Because by making it personal, you gave yourself away to them.

In all honesty though anyone who is gonna threaten you over some small bs like that... over the internet... I can almost guarantee you isn't really built like that. If you pay mind to stuff like that, more power to them. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
content is not necessary tied to in game , i create events when i can fully play , i offer incentives to make community active and i explain ep run format/ hunting event:/ have mods to explain things to new players ep 1 run can have content its not always shoot pew prew when the viewership is sweaters who cant afford to pew pew , streams are not just action theyre also informative content

He was making around 5k a month from ads,
No he wasn’t.
30 average peak around 50 a day
but we know why people watch your stream. You have “1000 ped giveaway” as the title

as a fairly new streamer has been shadowban with less than 5 viewers average in 30-days
I’ve streamed for almost 2 years now and never been banned or shadowbanned.

It’s almost as i the right thing when streaming won’t get you banned.

As a side note, it is against the rules to have channel points to provide people with in game currencies. Twitch will get even small streamers for that if reported enough.

And finally, if someone is thinking their now apart of the mafia and trying to Doxx someone, which they are. MA should do something about that.

This is a guy who was on Rocktropia FOR MONTHS before streaming just begging for 200p from EVERYONE on the planet just so they could ep1 craft.

He’s nothing but a street rat who can’t make good content and lies 24/7

Edit: Sorry for my Brevity or any typos, as I’m on mobile on the can.

Something that is interesting is I have seen a streamer who had “Giveaway rewards” in their title and have 13-18 viewers.

they didn’t have it in the title their next stream

same time of day, same other streamers streaming and they had 4 viewers.

Think about that for a second while others think about the “community” they are building.

As remember, most EU streamers do share communities as theirs only about 100 people to go around.

For the good streamers who care, we understand that we are one community.

Edit: Sorry for my Brevity or any typos, as I’m on mobile and no longer on the can.

Guys, this streamer is only followed by lurkers, they want points for peds thats all...

When I got my twitch affilliation, lots of these viewer came to my stream asking me to implement points channel and rewards, I just ended streaming cause people value your stream by the rewards not by the advices you are giving them.

How can be sure bots are viewing his stream when most of the time people just grinding channel points for potential rewards ? Leave him alone, this kind of stream totally ruins the game, but hey if people wasting more and more peds Im okay with that... thats how I made money :D

yes i do a giveaway nothing wrong with that if people come to watch for peds fine
second if you make revenue from stream its up to you how to use it or not , ill remove rewards for ped thats fines so theres no TOS,
streaming can be 2 things
1 for hobbies and show people what you do
2. as a business where people stream for money and donation

this game isnt free to pew pew thus if i can afford to offer community opportunities to use my ped earned thats up to me and for those who cant well im sorry but just like in game and in life some people see opportunities and if it benefits everyone why not.
its like others who play the game and dont care about anything but pew pew and thats it, if i offer something on stream nobody else does well its popular. same way your favorite food place is popular, you like it for what it offers and all i have done is offer a reason for people to view , most people dont care about the sweaters and F2p unless you depo or have ped your voice doesnt count tell me im wrong but only a few ubers will bother helping small low level community base

now i am not saying you are setting people up but i will say this if you are going to report streams please do all the streams that have these similar numbers and behaviors because. I can tell you this just like in game there is competition from streamers who jump in once a month, or a week and get 40+ viewers and nothing has been done on them
gotta be careful reporting any one getting 40+ viewers on a stream cuz they dont stream regularly not all of us have time to stream all day but when we do our streams are well liked. Given when ive streamed ive never been one to stand at the crafting terminal for 10+ hours on stream.

Wrong. He had his channel reviewed by twitch and they said everything he had setup was allowed within their guidelines for give-aways.
You didn’t read what I said then.
You are doing some heavy defending though for someone who has attacked and has had a fake gang try and doxx someone.

There is no proof of that at all, this entire thread is just one person saying they are getting password resets??? How did they even get this persons email lmao this entire thread stinks of witch-hunt
Why has no name been mentioned then if you believe it’s a witch hunt?

I would reevaluate your critical thinking skills. I don’t care who you sorry, but I’d think you’d have more respect for yourself to not support someone who has been a negative in the community.

As this game is heavily based on the community imo

gotta be careful reporting any one getting 40+ viewers on a stream cuz they dont stream regularly not all of us have time to stream all day but when we do our streams are well liked. Given when ive streamed ive never been one to stand at the crafting terminal for 10+ hours on stream.
yea i noticed when bonnie spoke and like i sad id like the focus to be on the actual entity or entities doing this attack on all types of streamers not just regulars

If you do not know the streamer that is being discussed, you are the only one lacking critical thinking.(Others have mentioned they know who OP is referring to)

Also still waiting on proof. Password reset attempts are literally nothing and again how did they even get this persons email to harass them? No need to be so aggressive dranie you and I have had positive interactions in the past( in game )
I'm not getting aggressive. I'm just stating that I'm disappointed in someone I thought who was a friend of mine support someone who thinks they are now a mafia leader after bringing in MAYBE $50 a month from afk streaming lol.

I thought that you Pi, of all people, would want a positive and healthy community for this game.

Status
Back