News: Community Spotlight: Art of War

Status
Awesome article. Nice to hear from some ubers on in game stuff.

yay great article! :)

Great article Ace. :wtg:

However I would like to see a set of questions aimed towards finding some info about the insights of the soc you are featuring, like the way the old M2S splited loot in team hunts.

Personal oppinions about different aspectis of the game tend to be kinda borring.

:)

nice article, good read, what would the world be like without AoW :yay:

:)

Good Job Ace, Again :)

bump for a great soc :yay:

nice article to read :cool:

My favorite quote: "Mice: Sounds like a load of crap to me." :laugh:

He he. You share the same sense of humour as me :) I was thinking of cutting that part out due to language but in the end decided that would be political correctness gone mad.

Nicely written, too bad some of my (funny) answers got knifed by soc :D

Like posted before the pic is prot ath and its Mirandax in the picture and not Venus :)

/Udi

Thanks I've fixed those mistakes and some of the other pics that didn't turn out as intended. Sorry for the delay was at work (real life work that is)...

Ofc I'm AoW fanboy so can't say much more without hardcore kissing ass so I'll save it for pm :laugh:

I bet some people are now wondering about this :D

/joking your secret is safe with us ;)

Nice one, George... and a great group to spotlight as well. During the robot wars and the Eomon migration I made it a point to find and watch AoW in action. The statement "Decay is good" is evident after watching them for a while :laugh:

But what I noticed most was this: many others were watching as well. Some were not as respectful to what AoW was doing and got too close, thus causing some fairly serious mobs to aggro. AoW members did die... but never was a foul word spoken to the avatars that aggro'ed those mobs. Perhaps they did not know any better, but AoW did not cuss at them - they just went back to work.

A great soc and a great article :thumbup:

I have done some team hunts with AoW members.
I must say those were a great and great learning experience.

The article captures the atmosphere around AoW really good.

Cheers
Siam

I have been a member of this great soc for a few weeks. It was a great experience. The reason I left was simple: my former boss missed me (and I missed her ) :D
If ever Divine Justice breaks up, I'm sure I'll do best best to be worthy to join AoW again :)

good read, and a great soc :D

Can only agree, a great soc with a bunch of great people. :)
And ofc, great article too. ;)

great article ace! this is just one awesome soc, ive known some of them for a long time. great bunch! they are always nice to you and willing to answer questions. one of my favs, along with cK and ofcourse pyrates ;). again a very good article i enjoyed reading it. good job

Kerham mate, there is no shame in being an AoW fanboi, I can't think of any other soc more worthy of some hero-worship ;)

Living up to the name "Art of War" cannot have been easy when they started out, but meet any of them today and you realise that they now carry the name with graceful aplomb.

Thanks for profiling a great soc, young Skywalker :cool:

On behalf of AoW I would like to thank everyone for the kind comments, its great too see old people like us can still inspire, we will try to step it up =)

Maybe the coolest soc ever? =) tbh

What would you like to see improved?
Sirhc: Reduce risk vs. reward. See more tangible results at higher levels.
Optima: I would like to see loot "evened out" more. At the moment you got people that play for 3 months and have had four ubers while hunting twice a week, and at the same time you have people in game that lose their ass off for years hunting several hours a day before hitting anything nice.
Extreme examples yes, and while it has to be random, it seems to be a bit too "dynamic" at times.
Mice: Everything with time, graphics, new stuff, mobs, missions, etc new content is the core to attracting new players and keep existing ones.

Thank you for this words thats the biggerst problem in the game.:yay::yay::yay:

Because after all its a skill based game.:eek:

Cool writeup,

I loved Mice's answer to the undiscovered places :D

Absolute classic hehe :laugh:

What would you like to see improved?
Sirhc: Reduce risk vs. reward. See more tangible results at higher levels.
Optima: I would like to see loot "evened out" more. At the moment you got people that play for 3 months and have had four ubers while hunting twice a week, and at the same time you have people in game that lose their ass off for years hunting several hours a day before hitting anything nice.
Extreme examples yes, and while it has to be random, it seems to be a bit too "dynamic" at times.
Mice: Everything with time, graphics, new stuff, mobs, missions, etc new content is the core to attracting new players and keep existing ones.

Thank you for this words thats the biggerst problem in the game.:yay::yay::yay:

Because after all its a skill based game.:eek:

Yep totally agree,
Also why many have dynamically left or leaving the game. :(
MA dynamic = Line MA pockets with "unjustified" participant finances.

Skill based, my arse. Only a very small dependency is on skill if I was to use the RCE competitor to Entropia as an example to compare it to.

Thanks for the article Ace :) I always laugh when I see that floating pic there are some funny bugs in this game at times.........when they don't cost you that is. :laugh:

People in AoW are dedicated gamers who look upon EU in a positive way and try to make the best of it. That is the attitude I like. AoW members have my respect both in RL and in game for being a great bunch of good people. Friendly people who I enjoy meeting both in game and during LAN.

I had the opportunity to meet some of AoW members in RL recently (Mice, Udi, Gurre, btw Gurre is former ViaD) at our latest LAN (@ Saib’s house, ViaD) where members of AoW always are welcomed. Even hunted a little together with Optima as well, even if Optima wasn’t at the LAN (yes, pictures on ViaD website very soon!) :)

Just want to agree with the rest that AoW is great society! :yay:

Does this qualify as the first necro of PCF? Its only been 5 months

Status
Back