Compet Bulletin #7

You are still thinking it is like PE.

There won't be lootable pvp. It will be attack a city, if you win, you gain some exp, which you can use to upgrade a pet.

Stuff like that, stop thinking PE. It will be a whole different type of game. Go on the store, download one of the myriad of games, and play it. You will understand.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: until Kim turns around and says...."It is just like jetsina says"
EDIT2: Kim, i would still like a Yes or NO, to if its going to be an app on google play store?

According to the website, it will be an app as well. See the small quote in my post above.

You are still thinking it is like PE.

There won't be lootable pvp. It will be attack a city, if you win, you gain some exp, which you can use to upgrade a pet.

Stuff like that, stop thinking PE. It will be a whole different type of game. Go on the store, download one of the myriad of games, and play it. You will understand.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: until Kim turns around and says...."It is just like jetsina says"
EDIT2: Kim, i would still like a Yes or NO, to if its going to be an app on google play store?

Originaly PE was sci fi addventure where colonists had to fight against wild nature and robot rebels.
But devoted developers PKers created step by step pvp1, pvp2, pvp3, pvp4, space.
Background story was deleted/changed and now we are aginst each other in in some kind of pking game.

For some wired reason we didnt have any estate damaged during robot attacks.
Maybe MA dady did not permit to develop it in that way.
But now we have trees, planks and incoming housing and devoted PKers developers are training in City attack design so who knows.

According to the website, it will be an app as well. See the small quote in my post above.

Haha, i completely missed that bit. That is very good news, i am happy to hear it. (and thankyou for pointing it out!)

I think it now has a chance!!!

Rgds

Ace

CP bulletin #7 said:
ComPet will offer an exciting raid feature, where players can attack the cities of other ComPet players and pet battle them for their resources.

That is PVP and lootable..... (PVP stands for player v. player - says nothing more than that).
I don't think that a house is the same as a castle, but people can live in both.

PE isn't all lootable PVP, but it has it.
and, just to repeat: ComPet will offer an exciting raid feature, where players can attack the cities of other ComPet players and pet battle them for their resources.

and damn: I had to read and copy that new, stupid, likely-to-be-wrong MA buzzword - exciting!

While I was trying to understand how is it possible that the same company that developed EU with a decent back story (space, planet colonization, robots, mutants etc) thinks that a pet/animal can attack and conquer a City is "exciting", I think I understood why MA is developing ComPet: they're missing a huge part of the gaming market by limiting EU to PC only (and powerful PCs on top).

While I think the above is a great starting point, ComPet is the wrong answer. Why not make a separate PvP competition - EFC (Entropia Fighting Championship) - where you can get your EU avatar to fight? Now something like that will definitely bring some interest I think along with a blend of economies as well as new professions: Coach/Trainer is one that jumps out right away somewhat based on the current Mentor engine. Nutritionist maybe? Someone with the necessary skills can craft/cook certain energy bars (materials coming from within EU) that can give a player certain buffs for fighting. Promoters? What if one could acquire Venue Deeds instead of the ComPet Deeds? You could also get/build various additional features (seat capacity etc).
The possibilities are endless.

I could go and on and I am sure others have similar ideas that could actually be implemented so that it will actually be EXCITING to have a sister app for EU usable via mobile platforms that will make more sense.

While I think the above is a great starting point, ComPet is the wrong answer. Why not make a separate PvP competition - EFC (Entropia Fighting Championship) - where you can get your EU avatar to fight?

How would that help? They would only be targeting the players that already are players of EU? The point is to create a game for the mobile and tablet users.

... until Kim turns around and says...."It is just like jetsina says"

with the low amount of info we have so far, that would be like getting a hole in one in golf blindfolded ;).
But I would be happy with Kim saying..."jetsina is close on a lot of things".

Still, one hope of mine lies in the possible disclaimer: "No real money was hurt during the beta phase..." :D

Also, yes, a very high percentage of players are expected to only use the free-play options, so it will be interesting how the real cash side and the revenues to pay everybody, including MA, Compet deeds and player referral commissions works out, or rather is planned to work out...

How would that help? They would only be targeting the players that already are players of EU? The point is to create a game for the mobile and tablet users.

Let me expand a bit as it seems it's not clear enough: you can create a new avatar and play via your mobile crappy device. You could be a fighter, coach etc. All separate from EU; however, certain activities will be tied to EU... but not mandatory.

All EU players are also mobile and tablet users; if they didn't want anything to do with EU why have common elements? I'm not saying it's target to only EU users, but it's certainly part of the plan.

Also, you think ComPet will attract a lot of players outside EU? Anyone outside EU will know what an Eudorian Devil is?

All EU players are also mobile and tablet users; if they didn't want anything to do with EU why have common elements? I'm not saying it's target to only EU users, but it's certainly part of the plan.

Also, you think ComPet will attract a lot of players outside EU? Anyone outside EU will know what an Eudorian Devil is?

I think the target is non-EU players, to get a share of the mobile and tablet player market. And some of those are also PC-gamers that they maybe can get to try EU. So firstly it's a new market, secondly it's a market-platform for EU. I don't think will not earn much extra money from player that already are EU players.

I think the target is non-EU players, to get a share of the mobile and tablet player market. And some of those are also PC-gamers that they maybe can get to try EU. So firstly it's a new market, secondly it's a market-platform for EU. I don't think will not earn much extra money from player that already are EU players.
Looks like we're on the same page... just a "forum language" barrier :laugh: I agree with the main target not being the EU playerbase as well as with trying to get the new game's players interested in EU.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think it would've been a better idea to make the new platform based on avatars rather than Pets. I may be wrong though as personally I have NO interest in Pets be it in a new game or EU, but some others may.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think it would've been a better idea to make the new platform based on avatars rather than Pets. I may be wrong though as personally I have NO interest in Pets be it in a new game or EU, but some others may.

I think this kind of "cute" game-style is more the typical app kind of games. But I can agree that it would be a bit hard to convert Compet gamers to EU players. But EU pet system and the EU avatar/clothing system could also be interesting for this kind of players.

But I can agree that it would be a bit hard to convert Compet gamers to EU players.

Depends on the gamer, if they dont have a decent laptop / PC then they wont be able to play Entropia. It was revealed today that more people use their smartphones for connecting to the internet than their laptop.

Mindark are adapting to changing consumer tastes / leisure activities.

I'm pretty sure that there will be adverts for Entropia Universe running in the ComPet app. ;)

Depends on the gamer, if they dont have a decent laptop / PC then they wont be able to play Entropia. It was revealed today that more people use their smartphones for connecting to the internet than their laptop.

Mindark are adapting to changing consumer tastes / leisure activities.

I'm pretty sure that there will be adverts for Entropia Universe running in the ComPet app. ;)

Yeah, that is the problem. The people playing games on mobile/tablets often hare people that normally don't play game on PCs I think. But it will still help them to marketing EU. And ComPet could also bring in some cash to MA and help to finance the business, which also would be a good thing for EU.

Back