Compet "Deed" Revenue starts 25th Feb 2018

Ma asked us their customers to buy revenue deeds in a game with a blank canvas (not shares, so it's not an investment in the literal meaning of it). They are selling us revenue deeds, people need to get their head around that, there is no voting rights etc.

So we gave them money in exchange for revenue (not in exchange for a share in an asset). MA built a shit PVP game no one wanted, did zero research about what we might want....didn't even ask us actually.

This post today is really the only true post whereas your other posts today are back saying Compets is doing well with high numbers of players and MA is more or less taking the money away from you. When in fact as you stated here, very sad to say, this game just sucks all colors.

And people please stop comparing a non-EU game and a new land area under development by Arkadia since the two are a bit different.

For me any deed in EU is a promise to pay revenue (rather than a share in part of the game), that's why these deeds are very appealing. We haven't opted to take risks. MA are obligated to provide reasonable revenue, simple as that.

Ok, this part cleared up for me the nature of your claims (I've seen your calculations before but couldn't understand where do you expect the money to come from), even though I not agree with it. When I had been buying deeds (not compet, but others) I fully accepted that I share all risks with MA and may lose everything.

No I don't accept that.

Ma asked us their customers to buy revenue deeds in a game with a blank canvas (not shares, so it's not an investment in the literal meaning of it). They are selling us revenue deeds, people need to get their head around that, there is no voting rights etc.

So we gave them money in exchange for revenue (not in exchange for a share in an asset). MA built a shit PVP game no one wanted, did zero research about what we might want....didn't even ask us actually.

Then they build a game that struggles to generate the revenue they promised us. Or worse they valued that revenue earned at next to nothing.

We trusted them to deliver on a product and they failed miserable. What's worse is there're many solutions to fix it, but MA refuse to add it, continuing down this PVP path.

So just remember when you buy deeds, you are buying a right to revenue.(edit: you could argue an expectation of revenue) So Ma obviously failed to build the game with the content that would generate that revenue promise they sold to us.

Still; EU took 10 years before they sold it, give a few more years Ma might eventually turn Compet into something viable.

Rick

And I completely understand your frustration over the lack of work and/or effort MA put into compet. But unfortunately it's the same with other investments no? I don't understand how this is any different than say a kickstarter company failing horrendously. Or perhaps a new company opening their stocks, then failing horrendously afterwards. In all these cases there is a expected outcome that is promised, because if no outcome would be promised, then less people would buy into it. IF and when they do fail, there isn't much that deed holders can do.

My question is, what do you expect MA to do now? With how mobile games work, once they flop I dont see a revival being possible. I don't mean to sound like an asshole, and I understand if I come off that way, but it sounds like you feel entitled to a specific return from the risky investment. Mind ark completely fucked this up, but I don't think there is anything they can do in regards to payout. Like I said earlier, maybe a different use for deeds can be made, but what do you suggest they do for payouts? There is no world I see mind ark put any more money into this project, with marginal return of investment being reasonable.

This post today is really the only true post whereas your other posts today are back saying Compets is doing well with high numbers of players and MA is more or less taking the money away from you. When in fact as you stated here, very sad to say, this game just sucks all colors.

And people please stop comparing a non-EU game and a new land area under development by Arkadia since the two are a bit different.

Smiling.....lol.

Let's not twist something into something else. Compet did have good traffic, a ton of players actually. Not being happy about how the game content 'generated' revenue and how MA 'calculated' that revenue are different issues to the ability to attract traffic.

EU is not exactly flooded with players, few 1000 at most. They just charge us a lot each to be here.

Anyway it's not a pissing contest. My EU game is better than your compet game. We were all happy playing EU, before MA offered Compet to us the players "in-game". So like it or not...it's all EU.

Even trying to sell us this crypto shit that has nothing to do with in game EU play.....where does it all end.

Big smile....haha

Rick

Ok, this part cleared up for me the nature of your claims (I've seen your calculations before but couldn't understand where do you expect the money to come from), even though I not agree with it. When I had been buying deeds (not compet, but others) I fully accepted that I share all risks with MA and may lose everything.

I'm doing you favour for viewing a revenue deed for what it 'actually' is....an obligation that you "will" receive a revenue share if you own a deed.

That actually means Ma has a duty to ensure they do the best they can to make that happen.

You have no voting rights, nor are you duty bound to accept any risks for business failure or debts. You have bought a promise that MA will pay you

Quite interesting I guess from a legal point of view.

Anyway the point is, you have a right to scream if that reasonable revenue isn't forthcoming....smiles.
Because MA sold you a right to reasonable revenue.....so where the f** is it.

Smiling

Rick

My question is, what do you expect MA to do now? With how mobile games work, once they flop I dont see a revival being possible. I don't mean to sound like an asshole, and I understand if I come off that way, but it sounds like you feel entitled to a specific return from the risky investment. Mind ark completely fucked this up, but I don't think there is anything they can do in regards to payout. Like I said earlier, maybe a different use for deeds can be made, but what do you suggest they do for payouts? There is no world I see mind ark put any more money into this project, with marginal return of investment being reasonable.

Compet is a little different atm, EU players are the customer and are stubbornly loyal. if compet was given an event where the prize was a unique compet given as an EU pet with excellent buffs (think easter ring style) players would flock with $'s spent by the hundreds, if not thousands.

Compets problem is it isn't advertised outside EU (not even in EU, why its not on billboards and such?), and with no EU link doesn't interest a % of the EU population, this EU link is vital to compets future.

for me i would make Compet terminals within EU much like arcade games (or just using event list), where you can connect to your Compet game and play compet within EU, using EU peds to buy stuff directly. give prizes that can be moved into EU like pets (ofc),clothing, vehicles & taming items

Compet is a little different atm, EU players are the customer and are stubbornly loyal. if compet was given an event where the prize was a unique compet given as an EU pet with excellent buffs (think easter ring style) players would flock with $'s spent by the hundreds, if not thousands.

Compets problem is it isn't advertised outside EU (not even in EU, why its not on billboards and such?), and with no EU link doesn't interest a % of the EU population, this EU link is vital to compets future.

for me i would make Compet terminals within EU much like arcade games (or just using event list), where you can connect to your Compet game and play compet within EU, using EU peds to buy stuff directly. give prizes that can be moved into EU like pets (ofc),clothing, vehicles & taming items

To be honest, thats what I thought compet would have been from the start. I was hoping there was a link between the pets in game and compet, and if there was I gaurentee the success would have been much much higher. Say for example you could feed the pets on mobile and use them to battle in game in compet. Who knows, theres a lot they could do, but knowing mindark it'll be 5 years before they implement anything, let alone respond about this issue.

I'm doing you favour for viewing a revenue deed for what it 'actually' is....an obligation that you "will" receive a revenue share if you own a deed.

You only receive a share of the revenue that compet made....nothing more...if compet makes no revenue, you receive nothing. If it makes negative revenue, they don't come to you asking to pay more.
You seem to think that you are entitled to revenue from something else other than compet?

That actually means Ma has a duty to ensure they do the best they can to make that happen.

Yes and no, they have the duty to make decisions that they percieve to be the best for the game's interests, using the money they received. If that money has run out, they are not required to spend any more money on it to make it work. You don't keep throwing money at something in the hopes that it will someday be a success....sometimes its best to accept that something will not work and move on....ideally not into crypto but they like to move from one bad idea to the next it seems.

You have bought a promise that MA will pay you
Again MA promised to pay you a share of the revenue from compet, nothing else...it is not a promise of we will give you money no matter what happens to the game.

Yes it does suck big time that this happened with compet and its a shame that you thought this was going to be a success. There are many things they could have done different, but thats the same for many other businesses with bad ideas.

Hey Everyone,

It’s with heavy hearts we’ve decided to close down Compet.

We truly appreciate everything you’ve put into Compet. We received many passionate ideas for where to take the game; the outpouring of thoughtful suggestions is another testament to this incredible community.

After careful consideration, and many difficult internal debates, we feel there isn’t a clear path for us to grow Compet into a game that retains enough players to be sustainable.

We didn’t execute well enough to deliver on the promise of Compet. We have failed you -- despite the team’s incredibly hard work -- and we’re sorry.

To try to make this right, we offering a full refund to every Compet player for every purchase on any platform. This refund will come directly from Compet deed owners rather than us!
To request your refund, follow these steps:

If you’re not playing on PC, link your Entropia Universe account (create one if necessary).
If you play on PC, or have already linked your Entropia Universe account, you can request your refund here.

We’ll continue operating Compet servers until April 26, 2018. As the player population continues to decrease, matchmaking times and quality will further degrade.

Thank you for joining us on this journey and for your dedication to Compet.

:girl::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey Everyone,

We truly appreciate everything you’ve put into Compet. We received many passionate ideas for where to take the game; the outpouring of thoughtful suggestions is another testament to this incredible community.

After careful consideration, and many difficult internal debates, we feel there isn’t a clear path for us to grow Compet into a game that retains enough players to be sustainable.

We didn’t execute well enough to deliver on the promise of Compet. We have failed you -- despite the team’s incredibly hard work -- and we’re sorry.

To try to make this right, we offering a full refund to every Compet player for every purchase on any platform. This refund will come directly from Compet deed owners rather than us!

If you’re not playing on PC, link your Entropia Universe account (create one if necessary).
If you play on PC, or have already linked your Entropia Universe account, you can request your refund here.

We’ll continue operating Compet servers until April 26, 2018. As the player population continues to decrease, matchmaking times and quality will further degrade.

OMG that was a REAL post?! Great job MA!

Hey Everyone,

April Fools was the other day ;)

seriously rick i dont know what to say... i told you at least a dozen times over the years that compet will be a big failure and that compet deeds is a waste of money.
i calculated you a pretty good estimate on how high the payout will be and told everyone not to buy those crap deeds.
if, despite any warning, you still wanted to fund the development of that game then thats up to you. dont blame anyone now because the only bad decision here was you investing in that crap. the only one to blame is yourself.

if you dont want to listen to anyone advice and still waste money on it then see it as a very very very risky investment with a close to 100% chance to completely lose everything. and thats basically what happened. you funded a game you played a lot and said yourself that you enjoyed it. now take it for good and leave it be. let compet die in peace.

In a year will have same posts about Scamtokens.

Nothing changes, every year there is someone stupid enough to invest in swedish scam projects.

In a year will have same posts about Scamtokens.

Nothing changes, every year there is someone stupid enough to invest in swedish scam projects.

I wouldn´t call it a scam, the idea was pretty nice but: !!! we all know MAs coding skills !!!

Compet idea not exactly new, many other games of that kind already existed, some of them for free with some microtransaction options to spead up skilling or increase your chances in PvP Pet battles.

So two things came together:
Big concurence to Compet by existing games.
Weak coding skills on MA side.

The chances to fail was really big, and I am one of those who told it, sad but true I was right.

Didn´t invest in compet btw, bought one Compet Deed from auction around 50 PED somewhere. Still got that deed and can´t care less that it doesn´t make me PED :)
Its peanuts.

I wouldn´t call it a scam, the idea was pretty nice but: !!! we all know MAs coding skills !!!

Compet idea not exactly new, many other games of that kind already existed, some of them for free with some microtransaction options to spead up skilling or increase your chances in PvP Pet battles.

So two things came together:
Big concurence to Compet by existing games.
Weak coding skills on MA side.

The chances to fail was really big, and I am one of those who told it, sad but true I was right.

Didn´t invest in compet btw, bought one Compet Deed from auction around 50 PED somewhere. Still got that deed and can´t care less that it doesn´t make me PED :)
Its peanuts.

MA coding skills? MA had nothing to do with coding Compet.

You think all the money raised was used for Compet? Well, ain't you naive.

You are not a very smart person, maybe stop advertising this on the forums.

http://forum.competgame.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21601&sid=d1df24572b35deeecf2b92f22429d2e0&start=30

I once posted there in. Needless to say I am now... inappropriately upset... How long until we get our initial "borrowed" investment now.... Yeah, I said it.. lol.. I mean look at the numbers. It is "less" than an investment now. FeelsBadMan... I mean Monthly? Is it not? Come on. Ok I get why Monthly. But, the avgs must be higher. The game is out there. I know a few people who know it. What hpn'd? IDK. I am.... Disappointed... bordering livid. Will we even see the ticker price go up at this rate? Time..... Pfft... Feel like buying it all out and giving more voices. Just to make a point.

My get up and go.. Got up and went...
Optimism, come back.. Help! lol

Back