ComPet deeds - Why did you buy them?

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Hi,

I was looking into getting my hands on a few ComPet deeds but with the new VU I realized it just ain't worth it. Right now they are sold with some markup. The things that made refrain from doing so are as follows:

Nerfed taming
I am expecting that you will be able to sell pets to the users of the app. However, all we got now was some sort of taming lite. I do not expect MA to launch the app before the taming is properly implemented which I believe means that the expected launch in Q1 2015 will be postponed.

Mysterious transfers
There seems to be a bunch of bugs in the auction, TT and repair systems, at least according to recent posts here on PCF. These things should be of much higher priority than taming which could and should delay it.

Virtual Tycoon
VT is an app run by MA that is more broken than fixed. The app itself is super simple yet there are tons of problems with connectivity, stability and executing commands. If they can't get this running properly, how are they supposed to succeed with a much more, I presume, advanced app?

The audience
I am not sure at all that MA has found a target audience for the app.

--

Now, what made you others decide to buy the deeds? What made you stay away from them? Am I being stupid?

Have no deeds. Compet deeds can still be purchased on the global auction directly from MA. Unfortunately pet app will have priority as MA is hoping that it will become a cash cow and bugs not costing MA money ALWAYS slip to the end of the To Do list.

The compet game will very well work without entropia universe at all if it must, the links between the two games are cool but non essential. I dont see the compet game being affected by the state of taming inside EU.

If you not cut out to profit from your acitivties inside Eu deeds so far turned out to deliver a reward for holding them.
The risk is here, even bigpoint a giant at the browser market had some million dollar budget titles crashed and burned over the last years. Browsergames also have a limited life cycle. Maybe EU made it to last a decade but the compet game most certainly wont. The question is, will it generate enough monney to get out ahead of the investment and will it be worth it ?

If mindark sell all those deeds they dont have to care if the game last only one year because they wont lose any monney.

Personally i still buy this deeds, speculating on the results while being involved offers me a far greater thrill than cycling the same ammount of peds on some calypso mobs getting unrewarding and utterly boring loot in return that slowly eats my peds away anyways. I deem every ped spend inside EU as lost. If the deeds crash and burn i just lost monney that was meant to be lost. It just safed me the trouble to cycle it all over and watch non existent skill gains aswell as trying to sell immense ammounts of nearly unsellable crap at the auction. For me deeds are the way to be still in love with eu and not uninstalling it because is too boring to play due leak of proper rewards in form of interesting loots.

Back