Compiled help for issues or errors installing VU10.0 client

Hello,
Could anyone help me with downloading problem?
Im using Windows XP Pro SP3. When i go to www.entropiauniverse.com, download the installer, install it and try to launch the game, it doesnt start downloading.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Hello,
Could anyone help me with downloading problem?
Im using Windows XP Pro SP3. When i go to www.entropiauniverse.com, download the installer, install it and try to launch the game, it doesnt start downloading.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Got to DL the game then DL the 3 files into 1 file then click SET UP...I think....

i have same problem that u had and i dont know what can i do :( :( any ideas

help!

Do NOT install AutoCAD 2010 after installing a game ... :) AutoCAD change some of VISUAL C++ 2005 runtime libraries files, and game cannot start. Or just reinstall vcredist_x86.

Isn't it amazing?

calypso.jpg

I playtest a heap of junk korean/chinese grinder MMO betas every year, none of which fail to download or patch properly. The games may be trash but the basics work.

99% certain it's their end but checking here as well to be sure.

I need to re-download the game to reinstall and no go. I'm able to download in any manner except through this dedicated downloader --- yet I guess I'd be better off downloading the big file from this source than from any other.

(sorry for the ugry word art thingie)

This stuff worked very well last time but here I am now, waiting for a direct dl as per the faq:
Try downloading the whole 3GB installation file via this direct link and run a clean installation (make sure to remove the Entropia installation folder manually if it is still present after the uninstallation):

http://dlmirror.entropiauniverse.co....3.1/entropia_universe_10.3.0.36270_setup.exe

Remember to save the file on your computer so you do not have to download it again.

Welcome to planet calypso.

Last edited:
Isn't it amazing?

calypso.jpg

I playtest a heap of junk korean/chinese grinder MMO betas every year, none of which fail to download or patch properly. The games may be trash but the basics work.

99% certain it's their end but checking here as well to be sure.

I need to re-download the game to reinstall and no go. I'm able to download in any manner except through this dedicated downloader --- yet I guess I'd be better off downloading the big file from this source than from any other.

(sorry for the ugry word art thingie)

This stuff worked very well last time but here I am now, waiting for a direct dl as per the faq:

Welcome to planet calypso.

I had the same issue right after reinstalling my OS. But after upgrading my IE to IE8, it worked just well.

Anyone else ever had the following error when trying to install the C++ files to run Entropia:

Product: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable -- Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'policy.8.0.Microsoft.VC80.ATL,type="win32-policy",version="8.0.50727.4053",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information.

Basically, I can install the SP1 version of the file, but when I go to install the Security Update, it spits out the error message...

I'm running windows 7 64...

Product: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable -- Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'policy.8.0.Microsoft.VC80.ATL,type="win32-policy",version="8.0.50727.4053",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information.

For anyone that gets this error message upon trying to install the vcredist_x86.exe or when you run the calypso_installer and it automatically tries to update your Visual C++ redistributable files, there is a PITA work around that I figured out.

Long story short, you will need to install Microsoft's Visual Studio C++ 2005 Express program. This will fix/repair your winsxs directory DLL's so that the correct C++ files can be updated.

The program is free from Microsoft and can be found here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=51405&clcid=0x409

Once you've installed this program, run it and allow it to update through Window's Update. The update does take some time, but once it's installed and you've rebooted, you should be able to install the vcredist_x86.exe file without any issues.

i keep getting an error message saying that Direct3D was not found on my computer or something along those lines. i tried the fixes mentioned but none of them worked. i'm currently reinstalling the client but i'm not sure if that'll work. i'm a noob, never played this game before but it looks fun so if anyone's down to help a bro out, please do.

Am at wit's end

Been trying to reinstall Entropia for the last 5 days
It started by offering to repair some files, which I allowed it to do, and the download was going fine , 400/500 kB/sec, then dropped like a stone to 12kB estimating >99 hrs to complete :)
Kept trying, failing, scanned for virus/malware/spyware, all clear
Decided to uninstall and do clean install, went fine then errored in textures.pak
Entropia offered to fix files, and was back in the loop 500 kB dropping to 16kB (tried this numerous times btw)
Got son to put his copy onto portable drive and bring it round, and copied his version over to my pc
It updated, then was back in the loop "fix errors? 16kB/sec :(
persevered and uninstalled, download new install-/error decompressing/"fix errors?" blah blah
Bit the bullet, formatted machine, and reinstalled windows, after getting graphics/sounds/other stuff, was good to go and went to download Entropia onto clean machine, voila! back in the loop, error decompressing, then offering to fix and 16kB download speed
Could the be an error in MA's source files?
Am stuck now, am actually downloading the new install but I know I am in for another night of install/error/fix and prospect of, if I ever get so depressed, actually LET it download the texture pak at 16kB lol, see you after xmas I s'pose :)

Did you Ever Figure this Out?
Does anyone have any answers for the Error with Extracting .paks failing when Installing EU.

I am Currently trying to Reinstall with that Same error. I have all Updates for windows XP Service packs installed All of the .Net updates installed in order. and i am Getting Nowhere.

compatibility question about this I could not find.

Ok so I just bought this computer last month and was told it was windows 8 but when I go to start up the launch it says I have windows 6.2 which is a problem, not only cause of what I was told when I bought it, but also due to the fact that there is no such thing as windows 6.2. So what is going on here? Also, every time I try to use the character structuring, face and body build, and try to save and go out of it, it gives me a internal error message and wont let me leave. Please help.

Hi all.
I will share a Torrent file with hole Entropia Version 15,2 for Win 64 Bit for 2 weeks, can be a solution for those that get stuck downloading in a loop, name is "EU torrent" size is 11,7 Gb Rar file.
//SirFluidHat

Back