Concerns for the Future of Planet Rocktropia

Society
INSANIA VINCET OMNIA
Ben Tony Dover
Hello fellow Entropians. The following information provided today is in no way, shape or form fact but instead rumors and speculations as to the progress of Rocktropia, so take it with a grain of salt. I currently own the shop named Tex-No Records located on the planet Rocktropia inside the Tangerine District. Since January 2020, I've been trying to unlock the dungeon to my shop. On May 13th, 2020, I contacted a Rocktropian developer to have my dungeon unlocked using Rock Bucks. For security purposes, i'm unable to mention the avatar's name but let's just say this individual is unable to die. Needless to say, this developer had no idea what I was talking about and stated that he will "look into it" for me. On May 24th, 2020, the same developer was contacted again regarding my inquiry into unlocking my dungeon. I was informed that "it will have to wait a bit, I don't have my builder available at the moment and each dungeon is made from scratch" and that "I will try to resolve this during the summer."

Fast Forward to July 9th, 2020, I received a text message from a society member telling me to sell all my Rock Bucks as quickly as possible. Allegedly, MindArk is trying to shut down Rocktropia's Popshop website as the use of Rock Bucks and CND Bananas as the virtual currency for Rocktropia, doesn't currently meet Entropia Universe License Agreement (EULA) as it allows players to buy items for the game, outside the game, which may undermine the overall value and importance of PED.

Within the last couple months, as I travel throughout Rocktropia, I've noticed that whenever i'm on a land area and I place my mouse cursor over my scanner, another avatar's name appears as being the manager of said land area. Not only this but allegedly, rumors from senior players who currently live on Rocktropia, have claimed that Rocktropia will be implementing a planetary share system similar to Crystal Palace and Ancient Greece. Given the possibility of Rock Bucks and CND Bananas being disbanded from the game, given the possibility that the land areas on Rocktropia may have been sold and given the possibility that a planetary share system may be implemented, has me very worried.

If any of this information is indeed true, what's stopping the developers of Rocktropia from selling everything, taking the money and running with it causing any avatars who invested in Dungeons, Rock Bucks and CND Bananas to lose money. I am unable to contact any Rocktropian Developers and a support claim was submitted to MindArk on July 9th, 2020 (ID #389156) regarding this matter as well as my concerns and have not received any response. As an investor with over 349,000 Rock Bucks ($7,000 USD) sitting in storage who has been trying for the past 8 months to unlock his dungeon, which has already been paid for, leaves me very troubled.

Again, the information provided is merely speculation and has not been verified. Subsequently, i'm very curious to see how this will all play out and any additional information regarding this matter will greatly appreciated. Thank You!

I really hope there isn't a share sale of RT, I see many more negative impacts than positive ones. Would prefer to see ND try and sell it to someone else willing to continue development instead of just cashing out via share sale. Perhaps MA gets a % of the RT share sale, and would be willing to allow it in that case... hmmm interesting.

EDIT: to be fair, I would need a lot more information to be able to make any final decisions -- just my gut reaction to an RT share sale raises a lot of skepticism and doubt for its ability to improve things. My initial reaction is to think it's a "cash grab" on ND's part as he bows out for good. Which is not the way I want to see him leave EU, he was positive force for growth and success in game years ago. Maybe I'm wrong. Definitely would need to learn more details about the shares and see some financials.

Last edited:
I saw the post by Neverdie. It was very thoughtful, but definitely seems like his heart is no longer in Entropia. Several people asked questions after he posted and I didn't see a response from him. It is a shame because he was the larger-than-life personality we needed. His old bank NEVERDIE, former CND and RT all have crazy, wild, fun personalities.

If MA were to do a share sale of RT I wonder how long they would take to sell out. Do we have too many share/deed options now? I don't know.

Last edited:
In my initial post, one of the quotes mentioned was "it will have to wait a bit, I don't have my builder available at the moment and each dungeon is made from scratch." The "builder" mentioned is indeed "Programmer Doc Gray" who according to senior avatars that live on Rocktropia, has not been seen or heard from in approximately 6 months.

to op, have you tried talking to the RT Governor with avatar named, "Programmer Doc Gray". He may be able to shed some light or help you out. Also ND posted on here recently, you may want to look that up. Looked it up for you, here is the link:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ds/rocktropia-what-is-up.273053/#post-3703252
DOC was forced to leave the game for an indefinite period of time for personal reasons not long ago and ND has returned in his place. Its taking ND some time to catch up on the economy and bugs etc and has been working hard in the background to get updating going again and rebuild his dev team. I assume DOC was previously a major part of that.

DOC was forced to leave the game for an indefinite period of time for personal reasons not long ago and ND has returned in his place. Its taking ND some time to catch up on the economy and bugs etc and has been working hard in the background to get updating going again and rebuild his dev team. I assume DOC was previously a major part of that.

Valuable insight, thank you for that. ?

Hello fellow Entropians. The following information provided today is in no way, shape or form fact but instead rumors and speculations as to the progress of Rocktropia, so take it with a grain of salt. I currently own the shop named Tex-No Records located on the planet Rocktropia inside the Tangerine District. Since January 2020, I've been trying to unlock the dungeon to my shop. On May 13th, 2020, I contacted a Rocktropian developer to have my dungeon unlocked using Rock Bucks. For security purposes, i'm unable to mention the avatar's name but let's just say this individual is unable to die. Needless to say, this developer had no idea what I was talking about and stated that he will "look into it" for me. On May 24th, 2020, the same developer was contacted again regarding my inquiry into unlocking my dungeon. I was informed that "it will have to wait a bit, I don't have my builder available at the moment and each dungeon is made from scratch" and that "I will try to resolve this during the summer."

You have to wait for a PP VU I believe, the problem is that RT doesn't have a dev team and has not had one for some time. Doc i have no idea if was actually active behind the scenes, but what i saw from him i would say no. The reason he told me he was having timeout was due to some course he was doing for work.

Fast Forward to July 9th, 2020, I received a text message from a society member telling me to sell all my Rock Bucks as quickly as possible. Allegedly, MindArk is trying to shut down Rocktropia's Popshop website as the use of Rock Bucks and CND Bananas as the virtual currency for Rocktropia, doesn't currently meet Entropia Universe License Agreement (EULA) as it allows players to buy items for the game, outside the game, which may undermine the overall value and importance of PED.

I have not heard these rumours. Do you mean this website http://rocktropia.com/popshop.html

Within the last couple months, as I travel throughout Rocktropia, I've noticed that whenever i'm on a land area and I place my mouse cursor over my scanner, another avatar's name appears as being the manager of said land area. Not only this but allegedly, rumors from senior players who currently live on Rocktropia, have claimed that Rocktropia will be implementing a planetary share system similar to Crystal Palace and Ancient Greece. Given the possibility of Rock Bucks and CND Bananas being disbanded from the game, given the possibility that the land areas on Rocktropia may have been sold and given the possibility that a planetary share system may be implemented, has me very worried.

The land area in question is Dragon Kingdom (pop dragon area). Its been taxed for while waiting on MA approval. ND said RT is in like a queue, we after AG shares. This is, of course, to fund future development in the planet. Where have we heard the before?

So here's what I don't understand. How can you get away with selling an item that's not even programmed into the game yet? I've been waiting for 8 months already, what's a reasonable time to wait for an item which has already been paid for? http://rocktropia.com/popshop.html is the website that I'm currently referring to regarding use of CND Bananas and Rockbucks. As for Dragon Kingdom, that's not the only land area I'm referencing. It appears as though all of the land areas on Rocktropia have a different manager associated with it.

According to the Avatar Statue sales, approximately 2 years. Promised features for Motherships and other examples, still waiting..

im concerned about that but also im concerned about the lootable tokens ingame tied to crypto and how that will somehow affect the shares.

This said according to my experience, a share sale of rocktopia will only damage cld and cp shares a bit, not that much tho to make a problem of it.

I mean ND made a big project and the results were a lot of crypto tokens for a value of a couple million dollars that were supposed to be lootable and transfered in and out the game, now mindark did actually added those features ingame, so im curious if they will really take a stand and allow rocktopia to be sold in shares at this point, tieing themself furthermore with the neverdie crypto project, or they will instead sell the shares of rocktopia without taking those in consideration, with the result for the first time of active partecipation in a fraud.

crypto project comes and goes, and investors are well prepared to lose everything, so i dont see an issue with that. But wat about mindark? wats theyre role on it? how do they behave when a pp goes against players? do they take players side or pp side? after all 99% of his investors are eu players waiting an answer to this very hot topic.

Last edited:
So here's what I don't understand. How can you get away with selling an item that's not even programmed into the game yet? I've been waiting for 8 months already, what's a reasonable time to wait for an item which has already been paid for? http://rocktropia.com/popshop.html is the website that I'm currently referring to regarding use of CND Bananas and Rockbucks. As for Dragon Kingdom, that's not the only land area I'm referencing. It appears as though all of the land areas on Rocktropia have a different manager associated with it.

Zomhatten is owned or managed by Kevin Rudolf, motorhead lands Lemmy. camp crunk manageress (ND) its been like this for years. ND has a number of avatars that he logs in to collect tax from lands.

Its Dragon kingdom that the shares will be for, NOT RT!

Last edited:
Not only this but allegedly, rumors from senior players who currently live on Rocktropia, have claimed that Rocktropia will be implementing a planetary share system similar to Crystal Palace and Ancient Greece.

I'm looking forward to a RT Deed/Share offering which I have been told is coming at some point. Again hopefully its not a fiasco, it would be in the best interest of the planet if it is equitable for the players and successful.

wasn't the idea to sell the shares for the bananas?... or did I misread that somewhere in forum history class... so like if you had invested in the bananas and rock coins you wouldn't lose economic value to it, but trade in one token for another type of token that has an roi. (since the crypto crap is dead... feel sorry for those that paid in to dragon compet thingy)

Hi Ben, I did say I would look into it.

The issue with the RT Dungeons, is that each one involves a degree of customization and testing and I do not currently have anyone available to make new Dungeons. Planet Calypso and other Planet Partners have provided custom storefronts etc in the past and the Custom instances is a Rocktropia centric innovation. Entropia Universe does not provide customer support for this type of customization as it requires planet partner development.

Given that we anticipated we may not be able to continue to add content to the Popshop. We specifically designated it as a Dugeon Master event. That may be discontinued . Here are the Rules of the event.

There are quite a number of people interested in Dungeons and it's possible that we might be able to get things rolling again and I do continue to give it consideration. So Thats the reason, its not definitively a closed event.

There are other considerations also that make me pause to add new dungeons at this time and that has to do with upcoming Platform systems that may or may not have a bearing on it.. It may well be a great thing that you haven't got your Dungeon yet.

for the record Doc Gray who is currently away was the elected Rocktropia Governor and he did certainly do an enormous amount of work representing the RT community to provide NEVERDIE Studios developers with detailed balancing feedback to help in particular after loot 2.0. But the Developer in question who specializes in RT Dungeons is currently unavailable.

NEVERDIE Studios has put an enormous amount of work into RT, this entire Universe has been Live for more than 18 years. ROCKtropia was launched 10 years ago in December. There have been, so many ups and downs, so many battles for survival. So many attempts to innovate and market.
ROCKtropia continues to have a small but dedicated player base and in reality the planet is very much alive, even if it is significantly underpopulated, which also means it has massive growth potential.

During times like this I myself have to be patient, I would like to have a full time dev team again on ROCKtropia, but we have to grow the monthly player base before I can do that again. As new destinations are added in the universe it sometimes spreads the existing player base a bit thin if there is no new marketing to justify expansion.

I am actively managing the planet at this time, although keeping dev to the barest minimum. However I'm still Very much invested in ROCKtropia from a marketing standpoint and Im working on projects that may or may not bear fruit, but i can tell you, it's extremely consuming and I see enormous upside potential for the entire Entropia Universe Platform.

I look at Entropia Universe much like a new country, colonization takes time and occurs in waves. many people know I have been instrumental in some of those waves ,I have also been instrumental in many failed attempts to expand the player base. Epic Failures like the Michael Jackson Planet. The kind of learning experience that one takes away from situations like that can be priceless down the road when one is trying something new..

People like to diminish NEVERDIE because of certain things that have not panned out, some of those things may just be on the back burner until the timing is better. The bottom line is, I am actually proud of a lot of the things that i have tried to do that didn't quite work out.. Some of them were actually successful in ways that are not apparent. and some of them were non events to be sure.

ROCKtropia is long long long overdue a Deeded Area. Dragon Kingdom might be the first RT area that will be made available. Even that is still subject to change, depending on whats happening at the time that MA are ready to add another deeded area.

Finally it has been on the agenda to add some stuff that can be traded for Bananas or Rockbucks that is actaully turnkey and ready for delivery, I will try to make this happen as soon as possible.

it's very clear that the frustration expressed comes very much from the desire to develop your interests in Rocktropia or Entropia further and your enthusiasm is very much appreciated.

I can still be reached via PM in game.

He comunicates much better than MA does no question.. Im excited for the updates and shares although I would prefer a planet wide even including hell & SI share system so were not limited to one area. Pop dragons are fun but my crew likes to switch it up often. But do it right with the correct limited amount of shares and not 5x more so they can actually pay and have value. Ideally a small % or profits so ND keep profits too and not an abundance of shares.. These would be in demand for RT hunters/miners big time

i did invested in Ma crypto project tho but i got full 100% refund when they didnt manage to complete it, cant say the same about ND, but probably the fact he intend to share rocktopia with the token holder in order to make ma agree sharing rocktopia may convince them to let him do such.

At least i think MA concern is that they could/would be committing fraud.
on compets infact hey actually shared the investors loss (not needed but morally correct) by turning compets into moon deeds.

Sharing rocktopia lands, that already got shared with crypto tokens, would be something different. After all ND got 2mill dollars by selling NDC wich entropia players turned into rocktopia land tokens wich were suppose to yield a return they never seen.

Now if MA that are well aware about all this allows him to share lets say dragonland, the sale of the shares will be made from mindark itself, and as long as those shares are potentially already sold with dragonscale tokens, mindark will find themself liable somehow as long as dragon scale token, that exactly refers to yields related to that land, got already sold.
Do u guys remember the free lucktoken upon entering the planet?

https://etherscan.io/token/0x106734655a3c75b92c154a7f827c4ab7d9111854

to ND: u got ur share, there aint many players that actually hold the token, please do something fair for once, u got the tools to make everyone happy, and you got also the chance to prove that ur name have a mean, dont let us down please. Everyone likes money, but the people that actually invested on ur project, they believed in you...... and the ones that believed in rocktopia, they actually believed in it as an amazing planet with a huge growth potential so went farer and got ur planet tokens, they all part of ur community, and waiting for ur answer.

Last edited:
Id love to see a more PREMIUM setup where RT shares or "RTS" for short are fewer and better payouts for the entire planet and sub zones... I'd buy as many as i could! Maybe 250kshares at 20ped ea for 50% payouts or something. Without seeing the actual math id say thats a decent guestimate and 5,000,000ped income for the shares that will have good payouts steady like cld's. RT has solid steady mining theres no question there and bursty BIG hunting action all over the place.

Limiting the shares to pop dragons alone would be scary imo.

in addition to my previous post... Theres a freedon in having something like CLD's for the entire planet allowing you to just have fun doing whatever you want and be contributing to them but also having a respectable payout would make doing things on that planet just make more sense and would draw ALOT of traffic :). Id only hunt there with these!

With codex coming with standardized rewards and loot balancing improvements youd never have to leave :)

Id love to see a more PREMIUM setup where RT shares or "RTS" for short are fewer and better payouts for the entire planet and sub zones... I'd buy as many as i could! Maybe 250kshares at 20ped ea for 50% payouts or something. Without seeing the actual math id say thats a decent guestimate and 5,000,000ped income for the shares that will have good payouts steady like cld's. RT has solid steady mining theres no question there and bursty BIG hunting action all over the place.

Limiting the shares to pop dragons alone would be scary imo.

I never liked the idea of the Dragon kingdom shares. I just found it a excuss to tax another land area. Pop dragons were a very popular mob on RT before the area got taxed. Also was popular for miners, but not now. It will probably cost 4 times the price of a Land area on Caly, so you be lucky to get a couple of pec a year.

I did not like the whole ND crypto coin rubbish too, I thought it would fail and just cause hassle down the road.

I really don't want RT shares the planet has a small population, with many issues that need fixing and i don't think the share will sell well. Look at moon deeds and AG deeds.

I liked the private instances, but the coast of them was too much and of course, you have to deal with ND/MA if want to implement more items.

My biggest bug at the moment is Hunt the thing. It was a shame when we lost half of the planet. Now we have a massive land area that is near enough useless now. Instead of taxing another piece of land, why dont you develop that land.

Whats up Big Daddy?
My reasoning reason behind having at least one deeded area on RT for trading in the Share interface is so that the players who prefer to hunt on areas they have a vested interest in can have somewhere to go on ROCKtropia. Without it we are at a significant disadvantage with other planets.

If Dragon Kingdom is the area, it's not currently my plan to see it as a hugely speculative Deed opportunity, it's already active and will produce returns. Of course today the offerings are based on some type of projected increase in activity once it is largely player controlled.

Also I really like the idea of the stock market and would love to see way more Virtual Companies in there. I think there is potential to attract a new audience to Entropia this way.. Although new share offerings will need to be ramped up significantly with extensive out of game marketing initiatives.. This has to be timed really well to be successful.

We paused all further dev of Hunt the Thing area that was underway pending future platform updates. For now it would be best if we focus on economic stimulus, we have a lot of great areas and content that just needs to serve a purpose in the overall economy...

I never liked the idea of the Dragon kingdom shares. I just found it a excuss to tax another land area. Pop dragons were a very popular mob on RT before the area got taxed. Also was popular for miners, but not now. It will probably cost 4 times the price of a Land area on Caly, so you be lucky to get a couple of pec a year.

I did not like the whole ND crypto coin rubbish too, I thought it would fail and just cause hassle down the road.

I really don't want RT shares the planet has a small population, with many issues that need fixing and i don't think the share will sell well. Look at moon deeds and AG deeds.

I liked the private instances, but the coast of them was too much and of course, you have to deal with ND/MA if want to implement more items.

My biggest bug at the moment is Hunt the thing. It was a shame when we lost half of the planet. Now we have a massive land area that is near enough useless now. Instead of taxing another piece of land, why dont you develop that land.
Rocktopia is an amazing planet, its unique in many ways wich is a good thing for the dudes that gets bored and need to change air withing the universe.

Many dont like it just because of the owner and of his previous history with asteroid. But that is mostly envy because the planet is developed amazinly and uniquely. Yea there are billion stuff to be fixed... But thats another issue

Shares will sell like cp did and will have a good income no matter where u place them. And yea they will for sure attract way more attention on the planet.

Last edited:
Are there going to be full refunds to the players who purchased large quantities of Rock Bucks and CND Bananas for the purpose of unlocking dungeons on Rocktropia? And I don't mean the tt value?

Are there going to be full refunds to the players who purchased large quantities of Rock Bucks and CND Bananas for the purpose of unlocking dungeons on Rocktropia? And I don't mean the tt value?
I think you know the answer to that question.. MU is between players only! Just add it to your pile of incredible investments :)

Shares will sell like cp did and will have a good income no matter where u place them. And yea they will for sure attract way more attention on the planet.

Why do think this?

Why do think this?
im not him but I believe in greater activity for 3 reasons..

1. additional return for activity on RT if you also posses shares which i know of a lot of people that play this way
2. the increased activity from reason 1 may increase loots thta have bene in demand thus making more crafting possible as well
3. General media attention the planet will get just from having the shares and discussions between players

im not him but I believe in greater activity for 3 reasons..

1. additional return for activity on RT if you also posses shares which i know of a lot of people that play this way
2. the increased activity from reason 1 may increase loots thta have bene in demand thus making more crafting possible as well
3. General media attention the planet will get just from having the shares and discussions between players

I remember you saying a few years back how CLDs was a bad idea, having players just log in to collect payouts. Just because a player owns a deed don't mean they go out of their way to hunt/mine on those lands. With so many deeds out there it would be hard to choose where to spend your peds, to get pecs back in payouts.

The loot problem is more down to MA and not so much lack of activity of players.

NO 3. Really sounds like scraping the bottom of the barrel to come up with 3rd reason. lol

You know what would increase revenue, increase activity, and get people talking about RT? Events. Mayhem, migration, gold rush, etc. When ND hosted Champions league you had many come over. Hellathon with in-game prizes, sorry ND people don't want music memorabilia, I do have my slash photo in the frame though. :)

I would have prefered ND gave out a share for an already existing land area and not tax another one. Camp crunk would have been perfect. As it was already taxed, great for zombie mission and ai mission. With doc's old zombie weekend events and my shop, i am sure shares would earn a few pec.

Back