Congrats to MA for a flawless VU

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
I am impressed. A Version Update of this size and scope and not a single bug reported so far.

We as a community like to find fault with MindArk and it has been very easy in the past given that every time they have released something big in Entropia, they always seem to break something else, but not this time.

I think it's important to give credit where credit is due so I'd like to be the first to applaud your work and congratulate everyone that has been involved with the creation of this content and it's implementation into EU. I say very well done to all of you.

Some might say that I am too early for this, that we should wait a bit to see, but the fact that we have gone a full 24 hours with 17.4 and haven't found anything broken yet is amazing to me. No worsened lag, no 'unable to download', no constant crashes, no major game mechanic broken, etc... Just amazing :)

Not to mention also, I think this new content is pretty awesome, don't you?

Well Done!

Legends

IM very pleased with the new space stuff, found a decent bug there tonight, but I am hopefully those will be fixed swiftly :)

It's poor design to make the big feature mission one that makes everyone hunt the same mob (especially one which only spawns in a limited area), and is already a popular mob.

What they should have done is chosen a different mob - or even better, more than one mob - which isn't already well hunted, because it doesn't already have appealing loot.

By focusing everything on one mob it just creates a race to the bottom that rapidly reduces all markup on that mob towards zero. By splitting the markup over more than one mob they could maintain a balance such that people are chasing a number of different markup sources, preventing any of those single mobs being over-hunted (at least in the longer term) to the extent that all markup is crushed.

They always do this, which is why 90% of the mobs on Calypso don't have anything worth hunting for. It's economic idiocy.

It's poor design to make the big feature mission one that makes everyone hunt the same mob (especially one which only spawns in a limited area), and is already a popular mob.

What they should have done is chosen a different mob - or even better, more than one mob - which isn't already well hunted, because it doesn't already have appealing loot.

By focusing everything on one mob it just creates a race to the bottom that rapidly reduces all markup on that mob towards zero. By splitting the markup over more than one mob they could maintain a balance such that people are chasing a number of different markup sources, preventing any of those single mobs being over-hunted (at least in the longer term) to the extent that all markup is crushed.

They always do this, which is why 90% of the mobs on Calypso don't have anything worth hunting for. It's economic idiocy.

For me, that was one day (4hrs) event of excitement, where I did lose a lot of peds and did not manage to find the card anyway. I do not see myself coming anywhere near them in near future, as the instance is simply out of my level and the card itself is dropping in value like crazy, when the mobs do not drop much MU anyway (unless big ones i guess) THe interest in those mobs and that card will sink, unless there is some crazy UL gear or something really worth to do. So i would not think about it as badly, it was overhyped it wont stay that way too long, i tihnk its over it in fact.

For me, that was one day (4hrs) event of excitement, where I did lose a lot of peds and did not manage to find the card anyway. I do not see myself coming anywhere near them in near future, as the instance is simply out of my level and the card itself is dropping in value like crazy, when the mobs do not drop much MU anyway (unless big ones i guess) THe interest in those mobs and that card will sink, unless there is some crazy UL gear or something really worth to do. So i would not think about it as badly, it was overhyped it wont stay that way too long, i tihnk its over it in fact.

Even if this is true, it is irrelevant to my point.

The thread was more about the lack of bugs/broken game mechanics, but yes I did comment that I thought the new content was pretty awesome at the end of my post.

To me, an MMO is about the thousands of other players you play with so in my opinion, it is very important to maximize the number of ways and opportunities for players to get together and collaborate on stuff and I think this VU is huge in doing this. The RDI Secret Lab and the Space bosses do this exceptionally well imo, I've watched some streams on twitch over the last couple of days and I am just floored with how cool all this new stuff is.

I agree with you that the majority of mobs are not interesting to hunt and have poor returns due to having nothing interesting in their loot but I think this is a separate issue. I mean do you honestly think that the 200+ different mobs on Calypso can all have something unique or special that they drop in their loot which can have great mu? I don't think so.

A hunter has to ask himself why is he hunting a particular mob and this question has to be answered to himself to his satisfaction. If he cannot find a good reason to hunt it, then he should not hunt it. Maybe the mob has good returns (Caperons, Exa young, ...), maybe he is hunting it for the attribute token rewards (more to come on this in the future), or just chasing the high-mu stuff (mutated bones, cysts, daudoarmur fangs/scales, ...), maybe he wants the skins in order to customize a particular item or maybe he just likes the mob for some reason and just enjoys hunting it (I used to hunt Atrax for many hours every day back in 2008 for no other reason than I just enjoyed hunting them).

Legends

Last edited:
I was going to Edit the Thread title to
"Congrats to MA for a (almost) flawless VU"

But it appears we can no longer edit our own thread's titles...

My only complaint right now is this:
index.php

It's getting really annoying...

This happened just before the VU and has happened to me twice again after the VU. It's definitely related to the deployment of the 17.4 new content somehow.

Please address this.

Cheers,

Legends

I was going to Edit the Thread title to
"Congrats to MA for a (almost) flawless VU"

But it appears we can no longer edit our own thread's titles...

My only complaint right now is this:
index.php

It's getting really annoying...

This happened just before the VU and has happened to me twice again after the VU. It's definitely related to the deployment of the 17.4 new content somehow.

Please address this.

Cheers,

Legends
Started happening to me after vu

I am impressed. A Version Update of this size and scope and not a single bug reported so far.

We as a community like to find fault with MindArk and it has been very easy in the past given that every time they have released something big in Entropia, they always seem to break something else, but not this time.

I think it's important to give credit where credit is due so I'd like to be the first to applaud your work and congratulate everyone that has been involved with the creation of this content and it's implementation into EU. I say very well done to all of you.

Some might say that I am too early for this, that we should wait a bit to see, but the fact that we have gone a full 24 hours with 17.4 and haven't found anything broken yet is amazing to me. No worsened lag, no 'unable to download', no constant crashes, no major game mechanic broken, etc... Just amazing :)

Not to mention also, I think this new content is pretty awesome, don't you?

Well Done!

Legends
Btw this is not your blogg

Totally agree. God knows there's enough complaining on this forum, thanks for giving credit where it's due. +1

Great job MA :)

It is a great VU indeed. We're having a blast! Sadly the B1 instance is bugged and we cannot progress to C1. Please fix it.

I agree with you that the majority of mobs are not interesting to hunt and have poor returns due to having nothing interesting in their loot but I think this is a separate issue. I mean do you honestly think that the 200+ different mobs on Calypso can all have something unique or special that they drop in their loot which can have great mu? I don't think so.

Of course not all mobs are going to have good stuff, but that is not the point. The more individual mobs that do have interesting loot, the better, for a number of reasons.

By focusing everything on one mob it just creates a race to the bottom that rapidly reduces all markup on that mob towards zero.

Who says that this isn't their exact plan to "balance the system" as they see it? If they make it harder for us to profit from the markups it basically means that more will deposit to keep their style of playing the game going. I mean this doesn't target the concerned individuals that try to stay on the up-side, but they surely have their numbers about how the majority of players handle their deposits. There's a lot of space between non-depositors and super-rich mass-depositors. And if the latter outweigh the former, well, ... what could possibly go wrong? :) I don't know if they (try to) care about those who financially have a tough time in RL because of Corona and whatnot.

Then again they might not have understood what Sally actually was woof-ing about...

Don't get me wrong, I don't like it neither.

This VU gambling still means loosing Morfoc, any VU, for the rest of your life, gambling will be loosing. Wanna stop loosing? Stop gambling! You should try the new content we are talking about.

Back