Connection Lost when trying to login (or 10-15 seconds after)

Wistrel

Elite
Society
Entropia Pioneers
Wistrel (Wisty) Chianti
Anyone else having trouble logging in? I've not been playing for some months but now having trouble. Sometimes I can get in, but just for a few seconds. I've tried changing the speed connection settings to several different values, also turning off onedrive. Have updated my account info with MA (weirdly this is a support FAQ suggestion).

Anyone else ever had these issues and figured out the cause? I've checked network traffic and can see udp stuff going back and forth on that particular port but have no idea why things suddenly stop cause a "connection lost".

I had that problem. For some strange reason I was only able to log in for exactly 4 minutes. I have no idea why or what the solution actually is, but I just changed my connection types and suddenly it stopped after a few changes.

By connection types do you mean the speed option in the client loader options? Glad I'm not alone with the issue. I did manage to get in just now (after changing connection to 2mbit) for probably around 4 mins (will time if it happens again) not sure if that is maybe significant... could be there is some sort of 4 min timeout in the code or something...

Alas, after I got kicked out, I couldn't get back in again (kept settings the same). Same connection lost thing.

It's pretty odd, many years ago I remember being impressed at how resilitent MA's networking code was as I had a dodgy cable modem that was dropping packets left right and center, but Entropia soldiered on regardless while everything else was poo... I wonder why it's got so finicky these days...

Ah well, at least I fixed my reader again... lot easier to read the code off again. Solid State Tech for the win! http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/fix-a-broken-gold-card-reader.19603/

Last edited:
In my experience changing the connection speed in the settings only changes from which host the Client Loader downloads updates. It doesn't seem to have any other relevance, even TP-ing to crowded places didn't improve my playing experience after setting it to the highest value.

Many years ago my PC seemed to have become too slow to let EU handshake with the server properly causing a whole lot of connection issues even before the scenery of EU started to load. It wasn't rare that I had to log in like ten times before that succeeded. Things were working again the second I installed EU on a new PC.

Several years after that my modem was the root of all evil as it started to have issues that weren't visible from a user's angle, maybe some relevant (part of a) chip was dying. Things were working again right after I received a new modem from my ISP.

Then again it may have other reasons, it would be interesting to know how many players are affected by this.

I can't really believe it's a PC speed problem. I've seen how little data is involved and mine has 12GHz of procressing power

Weird... tried the VPN no luck, then got in when I dropped to 56 k (just a random "start at bottom" guess - fairly certain I done that one before though) and it worked. Then turned off the VPN tried again. And all ok on normal internet... (at 56k - weirdness). Didn't try anything else yet... almost like I needed one stable connection/login for a bit and then ok... go figure...

Haha like I said - no idea how to fix it but boom one day was just fixed.

Back