Suggestion: Consume Pills Queue Like Items

Should Consumption of Pills Be Queued Like Items?

• Yes

• No, I explain why not below.

• I propose an alternative below.

• This does not affect me so I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
When I grind I try to do so efficiently. This is especially so when I've got pills running, particularly rare pills such as a 100% skill pill.
One of the ways I improve this efficiency is by reducing keystrokes and downtime whenever possible. One aspect has been rather bothersome to me for some time, and I have finally decided to bring it up.

Consumption of pills.

When actively engaging a target you can (relatively) seamlessly switch between your weapon system, medkit, restoration chip, and back to your weapon system without missing a beat. Under ideal server conditions there is no actual downtime, as you can queue each action while the previous action is reloading, resulting in a seamless transition between weapon and healing systems.

Consumption of pills does not work in this way. As it presently works, consumption of pills seems to be under a different category than items when lining up the action queue. Pills cannot be added to the queue, the queue has to actually be stopped in order to provide a window to consume the pills.

For example; you can unequip your weapon system, consume the pill, re-equip your weapon system, and re-engage the target. This results in multiple periods of downtime which can accumulate rapidly, especially when consuming multiple pills with short durations (such as candycanes). You can improve your efficiency slightly by transitioning from your weapon system to a restoration chip while the cooldown is still in effect, consuming the candycane, and transitioning back to your weapon system. This reduces downtime because your avatar is still "locked on" to the target and will therefor re-engage as soon as you re-equip your weapon system. While this offers marginal improvement in efficiency, it is not ideal.

Proposal: Add the consumption of pills to the item queue. If this were done then you could, while actively engaging your target with your weapon system equipped, queue a pill which would then be consumed as soon as your weapon system reloads, and then immediately transition back to actively engaging your target with the still-equipped weapon system.
Such a function would improve the efficiency of action of target engagement for all participants and result in reduced target engagement downtimes. This is especially important during competitive events such as Mayhems, and overall contribute to the immersive Entropia Universe experience.

No..it makes botting even more easier to perform !

I like short duration pills, as they allow me to be more efficient in a manageable timeframe. I dont mind a few seconds here or there on pills swallows.
What i do mind however is those long 10hour 100% pills that are so hard to get so when you actually run them and like being efficient you cant do anything else once the pill is started.
It would be great if mindark just got entirely rid of them and dropped 1hour pills from boxes instead or introduce a pill dispenser item that you can add all the buffs you want to but it only releases them gradually and once you press the button pill effects stop and their remaining durations are safe in the dispenser. This would allow players to take breaks from the grind and go do something else in the meantime - join a teamhunt for example (use a different dispenser along that one) or travel to another planet / run a schedule for other players without the worry of loosing all your highvalue buffs.

What i do mind however is those long 10hour 100% pills that are so hard to get so when you actually run them and like being efficient you cant do anything else once the pill is started.
you can do anything else that involves experience and still benefit from the pill.
but yes, sitting and chat screws the pill duration

you can do anything else that involves experience and still benefit from the pill.
but yes, sitting and chat screws the pill duration
you can but hunting mobs that have a bad hp/lvl ration while on 100% pill is practically the same as chatting while on it

Or get rid of pills and make it more immersive with L mindforce chips? Could drop the same way and everything.
Pills seem stupid somehow but i like johns idea of a stim pack, just make your own cocktail and go, very 40k somehow, love it!

@MA pretty please with sugar on top, hire this man as a consultant.

Again, it is good option for bots, so I heavily disagree. Please don't implement such feature. Thank you.

Not updating and changing stuff because it helps botters is to me insane. Change and update the game to be as nice and playable as possible for real people and find a solution to get rid of botting, don't stop the normal evolution of the game because of some lazy idiots.
Seen so many arguments, from these on pills to CP cave etc.
Just my two pecs

Imo the problem with pills are that we cannot craft them.
Make it possible to craft them and make them usefull.

Combine that with recipes that demand oils of different kinds and hunting might be abit more intresting again.

More important change to the pill system is to have the option to split larger pills into several shorter duration variants. I have a few 10 hour 100%ers in storage and I don't think I've ever been game to use the bloody things. having a stack of 1hr pills instead will get me out grinding on them more, leveling my character, and doing more of the things that Mindark wants me to do.
Let this process have decay if we must, or even lose a portion of the pill. I don't care, I just want manageable pills. I'm not a robot and having to do 10 hours straight of something frightens me lol.

Not updating and changing stuff because it helps botters is to me insane. Change and update the game to be as nice and playable as possible for real people and find a solution to get rid of botting, don't stop the normal evolution of the game because of some lazy idiots.
Seen so many arguments, from these on pills to CP cave etc.
Just my two pecs

There are more important issues to fix, then assisting bots.

It would be great if mindark just got entirely rid of them and dropped 1hour pills from boxes instead or introduce a pill dispenser item that you can add all the buffs you want to but it only releases them gradually and once you press the button pill effects stop and their remaining durations are safe in the dispenser.

Having some type of add on like this would make sense. Sort of like an insulin pump some people use in real life.

Maybe something like the cyborg suit could have shunt areas for pills and buffs that can stack like the pets where you can activate and deactivate. There needs to be some element of choice in the matter so the suits should be upgradeable and skill dependent in some way. This could also be a value added feature to armor as well to reduce dev time in creating a brand new system from scratch. I could see this really cycling the pill and stim functions of EU.

Botting is an issue but really MA just needs to monitor their systems for silly macro type behavior that runs 24/7/365 and start booting those smurfs.

Back