Contaminated Zone PVP Bug?

KneeDeep

Old
Just wanted to stat that I was ripped off by the system in some way...
I was in the contaminated zone lookin for ores and then I just died.
When I revived all my lot was gone... And save your breath if your thinking I was killed by another player cause there wasnt anyone around when I died.
I submitted my case to the support center and they said there logs indicated I was killed and looted by another player. But Im sure this isnt the case cause I was mining and I just died. No avatars around... Anything like this happen to anyone else? or is there like a way u can become invisible to other players or somthing?

Just wanted to stat that I was ripped off by the system in some way...
I was in the contaminated zone lookin for ores and then I just died.
When I revived all my lot was gone... And save your breath if your thinking I was killed by another player cause there wasnt anyone around when I died.
I submitted my case to the support center and they said there logs indicated I was killed and looted by another player. But Im sure this isnt the case cause I was mining and I just died. No avatars around... Anything like this happen to anyone else? or is there like a way u can become invisible to other players or somthing?

is it not possible that you were killed by someone on the edge of your radar that you did not see

And your absolutely positive you didnt get Tango'ed?

There are no guns with that range.

DId you see any damage or the message you got killed?

maybe I guess, But When I revived I got no messege of being killed by another player.
I did get a message saying " The toxic shot has wore off" or somthing similare.
I just never saw a meesage stating another player killed me. I would assume i would get a message saying so cause I get messages saying when I get killed by mobs.
Im just a bit confused. cause if I knew for a fact that i was killed by another player I wouldnt even be posting this right now.

Last edited:

yea are you sure you didnt kill yourself somehow? others have reported a bug where u are able to shoot yourself but you dont get your own loot lol

yea are you sure you didnt kill yourself somehow? others have reported a bug where u are able to shoot yourself but you dont get your own loot lol

Didnt even have my gun out.... Only thing in my hand was my ore finder.

Im guessing you didnt take a screenshot straight after you revived? :(

Im guessing you didnt take a screenshot straight after you revived? :(

no... damn it... I got so pissed i filed a case with the support team.... I started kicking my self for not taking a screen.... In the heat of the moment I just didnt think of it I guess.

I have experienced bugs that makes you invisible, not seen on radar, and Ive also experienced not getting a killed msg after killing someone. However not all of them at once :scratch2:

Maybe your avatar was tired of life :silly2:

This bug is still very real, but will also give you the kill-message:

"Solaris was killed by Solaris using a Unique Drone Vibrator"

..however my guess is you got killed by another ava, you just didnt see. And maybe your confusion hindered you to notice the kill-message, just above the message about the Toxic shot? (have happened to me)

Try getting the name of the player who killed you if you want confirmation.

But i mean, why couldnt this have happened tho? Its not the bug free universe really. But i dont really see why they would lie about what their logs say, cus im guessing you didnt have enough ores to make a big change in their annual report on you ;P

take a screenshot next time, this way we'll see what happened.
There are some guns with high range that can take u down from the edge of ur radar, so maybe u didn't notice green point on ur radar..

sry for ur loose

This bug is still very real, but will also give you the kill-message:

"Solaris was killed by Solaris using a Unique Drone Vibrator"

..however my guess is you got killed by another ava, you just didnt see. And maybe your confusion hindered you to notice the kill-message, just above the message about the Toxic shot? (have happened to me)

Im sure I wasnt killed by another player.... As I am not very well protected out there I constantly have to keep my eyes pealed.... If I see any green dots I run off for safty.... Also I might want to mention that I didnt go that far into the zone. So I can get away if need be.

Didnt even have my gun out.... Only thing in my hand was my ore finder.

So then killed by ore finder........new thing at least :D

well since they say they do have it logged do u guys and gals think they will release the name of the avatar that suposidly killed me?
Ill ask... I realy want to get to the bottom of this... If I got killed ok cool. That person just got 60ped on me but if not wheres my stuff and why is it gone now?

I really dont see why they wouldnt. That info was public information at the time it happened, so why not now?

And, you cant outrun an uber with a tango ;P

If he got 60 ped on you there probably was a global message and someone saw it ?

Unless it didnt show...then you just had 4 bugs at once, is that a record ?

Maybe if you post the date time and location, someone may realise it was them and be able to clear it up.

Maybe if you post the date time and location, someone may realise it was them and be able to clear it up.

this was the info that was in the support teams log file:
The information you have given us is a bit vague which makes the investigation a bit more complicated. We have checked your log file history and we can verify the following:

You looted Robot Component Residue worth 50 PED on the 2007-08-22 at 17:24:14. However, on the same day at 17:39:59 you were looted by another avatar in PvP.
maybe this will help.

If he got 60 ped on you there probably was a global message and someone saw it ?

Might not have been a global if the killer was in a team tho..

So, someone has managed to get one of these limited armours now to "cloak" themselves with invisibility.......

OOOOoooooOOOOooooOO
didnt you forgot to get back from armed bomb?

(suicide with ore finder, sound strange for me either :woohoo:)

What's your avatar name if you don't mind posting it?

Maybe someone will remember killing you!

there isnt anymore a global or hof message in pvp lootable

Really?
I didnt know that... :scratch2:
When/why did they change this?

I haven't seen any recently so maybe its true.

I guess they decided it was pointless as many of them are faked anyway.

There are no guns with that range.

Well, there is. There's the Ancient Imp FF and then, and I think the Ancient FF 8k M also has like 175 or so range - but none of them is likly to be a one-shot-kill.

Back