Content 11.3.0 RELEASE

it's not tt decay. only structural dmg.

You can repair a vehicle for only a pec or two. so you can crash several times I'd assume, and it is cheaper then armour decay from taking 1 hit from a mob.

doesnt sound that great as update

voice chat i never used anyway and paying for it is even more useless, i didn't even pay my apt fee since over a year i think ^.-

vehicle damage on collisions, great
just yesterday i ran over some pretty close to invisible tiny tiny flower and jumped with some rolls in the air right into the next best tree which swirled me around a bit a little more
that it doesn't affect tt as it seems like, is good, i just hope it stays that way
possibly a pretty cheap way to get the selling of those repair kits going and increase overall ped spent with a fingersnap

falling damage gonna be tough too, with the funky mountains you have around nowadays it will be hard to avoid falling damage
again, no decay to armor (possibly with a yet), but it will likely cause more fap decay

boats and VTOL i wont comment on yet, cause i could bet there is a catch on them

so pretty much the only interesting thing for me is the bigger FL, which should have been there years ago, so, was about time that
the knock knock may be interesting too, although i play without sound, so i didnt get a knock knock before either :D

imo taming, mentoring or beacons (as mentioned already) had been more useful ^^

This is exactly what I want. Folders for FL.

Also I would really like to see folders that I create for my storage :wtg:

Why folders when they could be sorted on different pages alphabetically?

Reactions: das
Just one question. Falling damage. Why? I liked the fact to not be restricted by this. Imagine how many deaths caused by inferior teleportation that will now happen... Sigh...

Please dont say we will soon drown too. My heart couldn't take it...

Oh that is next! especially for you fish hunters :laugh:, in order to hunt underwater mobs you will need a scuba bob outfit! :lolup:

or a yellow submarine ^^

somehting that don't have to do with the new update...

something that just i noticed after forum moved from entropiaforum to planetcalypso..

what happened to our EFD and rep?

lol :laugh: ya it's sometimes impossible to predict what will make you crash or not. But it makes it more fun not knowing :p
Maybe more fun for those who have a constant income from a LA :D
yeah, and since it's only SI that get hurt I think it's ok, learn to drive noob! :p
and I'm far from rich, and you see me complaining about fee's and such we got lately a lot too ;)

ofc those stupid small tree plants we cant run down is stupid tho and should be removed or altered so you just run them into the ground...

Nice update imo

boats and VTOL i wont comment on yet, cause i could bet there is a catch on them

There is a catch, they are vehicles and require repairing/become useless eventually ;)

yeah, and since it's only SI that get hurt I think it's ok, learn to drive noob! :p

I think im ok, I surprised an Uber from CK by being able to outrun Hoggs in a hummer ;) he was in a Valk and blew up :D
Need For Speed training:wtg:

My first thought was: "Voice chat? Sure, why not? I'm not gonna use it, but I'll probably try it out."

Then I discovered it costing extra to use...

MA have made some pretty stupid decisions in the past, but this is a new high.

Why would I ever use this when the net is basically flooded with free solutions which, in all likely hood are better?

MA, you've done it again...

Well in general I completely agree with that post. MA, you`ve done it again.
However I really love the increased FL and the knock knock sound. So I think this kind of makes up for it for me at least.

wooot on new vehicles

LOLZ on paying for something u can get free by like 15 different ways, but since u dont have to suscribe if u dont want to, np

very slow down load...

:confused:the last updates I:confused: did over 250 kB's, no this one i'm doing 23 kB's ...

Why?....not that many people playing now, not during the middle of the week at least...did the hamster die?

Seoul???

:confused:the last updates I:confused: did over 250 kB's, no this one i'm doing 23 kB's ...

Why?....not that many people playing now, not during the middle of the week at least...did the hamster die?

Seoul???
noone is playing now since the servers been down some time now and wont be back until about 2hours more, maybe thats why you got the slow speed they accidentally pulled out the wrong cable ;)

wooot on new vehicles

LOLZ on paying for something u can get free by like 15 different ways, but since u dont have to suscribe if u dont want to, np

why you buy water from a shop...when you can take from your house and drink. Sound like helena:). Why to pay 10ped/month for a good service...when you can get it for free..instaling..ip's...stupid people who dont know to use different soft's. I dont think i can find an unique person like helena who cry for 1 dolar per month..like is his life in danger.:))))):lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

First thing I'm gonna do when I log in - jump off one of the spires in Athena.

why not make the voicechat free for depositors EVERY month?

Flying vehicles... if the game wasn't laggy and complicated enough with the introduction of vehicles and their clever way to snipe out some extra PED... now we get FLYING vehicles that will give the rich a GREAT opportunity to get richer, and the consumer ANOTHER way to spend PED for something that will not last as long as you want it to.

Uhh.. don't by a VTOL craft then. As simle as that. Just like I suppose you haven't bought a car. Wheres the problem?

Oh that is next! especially for you fish hunters :laugh:, in order to hunt underwater mobs you will need a scuba bob outfit! :lolup:

or a yellow submarine ^^

I would like that actually. Sumarine adventures would be cool. Possibly they could design a new continent with underwater teleporters or floating island cities from which you could go underwater.

Uhh.. don't by a VTOL craft then. As simle as that. Just like I suppose you haven't bought a car. Wheres the problem?

Probably won't until i get a ATH... I also own 2 vehicles (broke hummer i was using for field storage). The problem is for both functionality and PVP... if mobs can't hit flying vehicles, does this mean they will not come after you if you are in the air? If not, fine, but somebody can just as easily land in a spawn of mobs and train them on somebody. (Especially with the dense spawn hunters.) If you can't attack a person in the air, does that mean a "safe zone" for PVPers?

Looking forward to: n weeks down the road when hovercraft will hopefully be affordable.

Hoping for: realistic ground clearance for the hovercraft so those pesky small rocks won't mess up the ride; the end of vehicle-induced lag.

Devastated that: the Entropia BASE Jumping League never really got chance to get going - hmm, unless the thought of a one-attempt-and-ur-back-at-revive jump spices it up for ppl. :dunno:

A nice big update tho - gj :)

Hoping for: realistic ground clearance for the hovercraft so those pesky small rocks won't mess up the ride; the end of vehicle-induced lag.

My friend, this is only the beginning of vehicle induced lag lol :rolleyes:

thumbs up for FL improved! new vehicles, sounds cool, let's see :D

What happens now if vehicles run into avatars? :eek:

Marco on Vehicles

In Issue 1 of The Entropian, MA promised a range of vehicles by the end of 2006. Personally... I have never been really good at working out the time difference between me and MindArk. :yay:

Vehicles, roads and the ability to develop land along pathways could potentially improve the economy considerably!

...If someone could just do a 'Gaius Baltar' and give the Bots our defense codes to the (city to city) TP system.

Being a fan of the possibilities of Vehicles.. I vividly remember Marco showing up at a party in TI (years ago) and saying he has always been against the idea of vehicles. :(

This VU is sure to bring back a few of the players that are just coming out of rehab from EU.

Welcome back to MAMA dudes and get out your PED cards.. we gonna FLY!!!!

..to talk for as much as I like to people from all over the world... For a DOLLAR???

Call me mad but that sounds like a Bargain...
Ok then: you're MAD! :laugh: It doesn't matter how much it is, as long as there are BETTER services of this kind, and did I mention they're FREE?

... I will probably test it out with a free voucher tho....
Are you actually implying that you deposited? In the last two months? Like real money? :eyecrazy:

why not make the voicechat free for depositors EVERY month?
Why not make it free for everyone, really? It's a service you don't typically have to pay for.
I can't see why anyone would, anyway.

As for the (L)imited vehicles and other items... I can't say I particularly like using them, but I can see very good reasons for their existence. They keep the economy going by keeping up demand for new items. With an unlimited item, the only way they go out of circulation is when someone TT's it or a player quits and doesn't sell it beforehand. The market becomes saturated, the item's markup goes down and as a consequence ore and enmatter markups go down. I'm guessing overabundance of unlimited crafted items might be the main reason miner markups have seen such a downwards trend in the past few years.
(Remember when lyst was 150%?)

Last edited:
Although falling is now suicidal and is going to make things very inconvenient for us, it has always seemed very strange to fall without damage - and I'm glad that it's been corrected. Does seem more realistic.

And I think that the more realistic the environment, the more realistic the economy will become. For instance, maybe it's now possible for some minerals to be located only in mountainous areas (with higher MUs simply because they are more difficult to obtain)? Or again, damage on vehicles should have an impact down the line on prices, crafting and mining.

Back