Content 11.3.0 RELEASE

why not make the voicechat free for depositors EVERY month?
Why not make it free for everyone, really? It's a service you don't typically have to pay for.
I can't see why anyone would, anyway.
Agree dont make some people better then others... (yes I know what you think :p)

Ok then: you're MAD! :laugh: It doesn't matter how much it is, as long as there are BETTER services of this kind, and did I mention they're FREE?
and what makes them better except the price? (if you think of EU specific things only)
We haven't tested it yet, or have you? I dont know much about the privacy issue with other free services but this seems to be a good secure way of doing it, might be wrong tho...

Are you actually implying that you deposited? In the last two months? Like real money? :eyecrazy:
oops that wasn't ment to be out there, ofc I haven't it's a friend of mine who will give me his voucher for me to try...

Now with falling damage introduced, I guess it is time for parachutes :D

Yeah, and a parachute packing skill, landing skill (chance of damage when landing), limited parachute repair tools, a limited tool designed to get you down from a tree you land in, interaction between flying vehicles and parachuters, jetpacks, rocketcars, space wars, and cell phones (limited ones that emote when you make a PM).:rolleyes:

Impressive , that makes a lot of new things , boat looks nice :cheer:

Yeah, and a parachute packing skill, landing skill (chance of damage when landing), limited parachute repair tools, a limited tool designed to get you down from a tree you land in, interaction between flying vehicles and parachuters, jetpacks, rocketcars, space wars, and cell phones (limited ones that emote when you make a PM).:rolleyes:

lol :laugh:

I will pack my bags and migrate to the 1st planet without vehicles!

(you have died in a car accident, please create a new avatar)

(Flying saucer crashes and kills four, bodies have strangely disappeared)

Nice update. Thought at first that falling damage was bad, but since it doesn't decay armor, it's ok. Must agree with others before me, that it has been feeling quite akward to fall a couple of hundred meters and not been taking any damage.

Want to be online... NOW! :eyecrazy:

Bigger FL would have been nice a few years back when I had friends that still played....

...and what makes them better except the price? (if you think of EU specific things only)
We haven't tested it yet, or have you? I dont know much about the privacy issue with other free services but this seems to be a good secure way of doing it, might be wrong tho...
Read Oleg's post and you'll understand.
Voice chat sounds useless. Having to pay and having it restricted to people on your FL means that TS/Vent/etc will always be better.

For example for WoF England it's currently very simple, we just jump on the TS channel and off we go.

Switch over to the built-in system and someone would have to have everyone who wanted to join on their FL, or go and find them in game, and then again if people lose connection, need to relog, etc.

I don't want to have to do all that while also trying to compete in a WoF match, and I certainly don't want to pay for the privilege.

I haven't actually tried it yet, but that's how I understand it works from the release notes.

..oops that wasn't ment to be out there, ofc I haven't it's a friend of mine who will give me his voucher for me to try...
Ok.. I understand now ;)

Nice update. Thought at first that falling damage was bad, but since it doesn't decay armor, it's ok. Must agree with others before me, that it has been feeling quite akward to fall a couple of hundred meters and not been taking any damage.

Want to be online... NOW! :eyecrazy:

no armor decay, but fap decay for those who don't like to lose HP (raises hand)

Reactions: J D
(Remember when lyst was 150%?)

I'd like to see Oil prices rise from the introduction of new vehicles.

P.S. Looking forward to getting a Boat... NO HILLS!!! ;)

This seriously is true I first thought it was a joke by the op.

I do like the new vehicles though.

I'm getting too old for this shit, can anyone sell me a wheelchair (L).. doesn't need to be textured or colored :D

I'm getting too old for this shit, can anyone sell me a wheelchair (L).. doesn't need to be textured or colored :D

dude we could wheel chair off the cliffs of Athena together... and die while watching our wheel chairs with thier new and improved vehicle explosion effects!

Reactions: das
My first thought was: "Voice chat? Sure, why not? I'm not gonna use it, but I'll probably try it out."

Then I discovered it costing extra to use...

MA have made some pretty stupid decisions in the past, but this is a new high.

Why would I ever use this when the net is basically flooded with free solutions which, in all likely hood are better?

MA, you've done it again...

the cost is 10 ped for 31 day.. come one thats 1 us dollar if that a problem..damn you in the wrong game

Here's my :twocents: the goods....
:bowdown::woot::beerchug:
Added expansion to FL, awesome much needed.
Fall damage... ok sounds interesting... mass suciding and all. Wonder if we can crash the server if enough ppl die... hmmmm there's a thought.
Added inventory capability... great for crafters :D
Knock knock WOOOT YAY we all are glad that's back.

:twocents::censored::dunno::banghead: The bads....
STABILITY STABILITY STABILITY.... I bought a new computer b/c my old one which is only 4yrs old couldn't handle the game anymore. Now I wonder how much my graphics card will want to burn out with the new one.
Wonder if they got the RAM bug fixed as EU likes to eat RAM like no tomorrow.

New vehicles...sure cool idea... but again see first bad.. STABILITY STABILITY STABILITY... lags so bad with so many cars out in one place. As well as rendering times have been majorly slowed.
How about all the stuff we've been promised was going to return such as..... but not limited too.... BEACONS, MENTORING, TAMING, FACE MASKS??

Voice chat... what a waste. Paying for something we can get for free... whoopidity doo there's a real winner there.
TP prices to go to a new planet.... how about lowering those. Still waiting for that. I'm not spending $8 USD to go to a new planet that I can't even access my storage from calpyso. $4 there.... $4 back... what a waste of PED IMHO.

Great,

adding people to FL from soc terminal doesn't work.

Last edited:
FL and "knock knock" are great update
unlimited items on avatar makes interplanet travels better

as many said before, vehicle damage would be ok if not bugs in terrain
in many places there are trees in middle of the road, cloce to New Switzerland there was one huge, and it was impossible to pass it, you had to drive into forest and back to road
also i had it few times that my vehicle was sinking in the middle of flat surface, with one half undergroud....
if those would be fixed beforehand it would be ok upodate, otherwise it isn't

falling damage... i was thinking its for flying vehicles, hope its not for falling from bad designed slope

as for VoiceChat, i rarely used TS or Skype to communicate ingame [due to my crappy spoken english ;)] but i think i would not pay to use ingame one

and what makes them better except the price? (if you think of EU specific things only)

you can speak without fear that you are wire tapped by MA
also what Oleg said

i wonder when we will need to pay for posting on forum....

could that go into guiness book of world records? Largest virtual mass suicide.

and if it does, is it good or bad for FPC?

could that go into guiness book of world records? Largest virtual mass suicide.

and if it does, is it good or bad for FPC?

LOL

dunno if thats good or bad but could give us tool of pressure to stop destroying game

Adding people to FL from soc terminal doesn't work.

Lasers and sights missing from weapons.

None of the TT refiners work.

Last edited:

Don't give them any ideas or we will be paying 8 ped a month to post and.. your account will be (L) so when it wears out you have to buy a new one crafted by joe jeff squall and it will include 140% mu. :laugh:

P.S. Looking forward to getting a Boat... NO HILLS!!! ;)
Just waterfalls :silly2:

you can speak without fear that you are wire tapped by MA
also what Oleg said

And I fear more wire tapping from other sources then MA, but thats another discussion not suitable on this forum :)

Sure Olegs points are valid, but we still dont know how they will develop it as I think I read somewhere this was the first step into voice chat...

I said it before and maybe i need to say it again STOP asking for more ways to pay for stuff people, maybe more wake up now and think twice if so that brought something good with it... :topic:

Very pleased to see "Knock Knock" back, maybe they saw one of the threads made about it.

Flying vehicles I saw speculation on EF, but never thought they'd happen as I thought they would affect PVP too drastically, boats I never saw being implemented as I thought too few rivers to make them worthwhile, but glad to see them both in game. The hovercraft appears to be the best of both worlds, a neat hybrid.

150 friendlist is a great implementation for those in medium to large societies, plus trader types, and well, everyone who has played for yonks. ;)

Looks like hangars will be back soon then as they have been mentioned in the opening post, and for those of us who were around when Malls were introduced, looks like that included "landing pad for future use" on the roof just moved a bit closer to implementation! :D

The damage from falling I haven't tested yet, but makes logical sense, glad it only affects health and not armor decay. I expect to see a "Tomb Raider style" oxygen meter when swimming in a future VU! ;)

Voice talk for those who want to use it - I'm unlikely to use this, but cheap in comparison to the teleport fee to other planets as others have mentioned. Use it or dont use it, no one is forced to use it.

Three months till the end of the year, how many missing features can make it in before the year end? (original promised deadline)

I'll look forward to the next Mindark VU if it can match this one in terms of bug fixes and new / reintroduced features!

:thumbup:

Okay, got home from work, read the various threads on the forum while the game updated and logged on with anticipation.

First the positives:
* Love the new vehicles (what I've seen of them) :D
* Love the new/expanded Friends List :D

Next the bugs: (also posted in the bugs thread)
* So far I've managed to log in for a total of fifteen minutes, during which time I've had two crash-to-desktops. That's compared to none in three months of solid playing. :eek:
* No mob spawns at Swamp Camp that I could find, which kinda makes the Swamp Camp mission to kill ten mobs a little tricky for the noobs... :eek:

And finally the negatives:
* Has anyone tried depositing yet? I did, and after the deposit had gone through a new dialogue pops up asking you to confirm you want to subscribe to voice-chat. Were I the sort of player who would just click 'yes' without reading the accompanying message then I would have lost PED on a service I have no intention of using.... :rolleyes:

While I appreciate the work that MA has done, I am a little disappointed at the Quality Control right now. I'll try and log in again in a short while and see what elese I can find.

One big issue I got with this last VU, is that I crash within seconds in Port Atlantis. Crash as in "CTD". I haven't had any major crash issues during VU 10, except one week where keymappings caused CTD.

As for "fall damage": Imho, it's silly. But on the other hand, I sometime get bad precision during TP:ing so I land on a hillslope, I hunt in spider crater where it's by 99.5% is covered by very steep walls. And being jused to jump, I would feel it would be silly to have to run the long way down from the hills NE of Fort Argus (the hills with a servicestation on top), for instance.

Hm, and weapon attachment... yeah, they doesn't work for me either. When I logged on attachments were detached.

A forth thing that bothers me: There are Hovercraft Mk3 in auction, but no mention of it in HOF list, and support staff is like "go ask the one who posted it in auction". Imho those hovercrafts are either fishy (unofficial gifts which explains the lack of HOF), or it's simply a bug not adding it to HOF list when discovered.

Also if someone can confirm before I think of buying something: Are the flying vehicles really limited to 500m? If so, they're of no interest for me (for discovering - ie to land on hilltops).

Back