Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

duncis

Stalker
Society
AO
Inguts Sokolade Spurz
I will keep it simple:
We need more (L)imited Melee and MindForce weapons! (Some UL wouldn't hurt either)
  • Armatrix series for Melee ends with LB-75 and SB-75, please introduce up to or over LB/SB 105
  • Armatrix MF series introduction would be awesome too. up to or over 105 too please!
  • While at it, Armatrix ranged weapon series above level 105 would also be an awesome addition!

Some points for thought:
-We just got new amps for MF and Melee in the mayhem token trader, not a whole lot we can put them on. Yes there are some ancient weapons that can utilize these, but not a lot and their drop rate isn't spectacular either, plus I wont even start on how bad they are for economy, due to not utilizing shrapnel or weapon cells (basically like shooting ammo that you have to pay 102 or more % of MU)
-Why did melee end at level 75?
-How are we supposed to skill up to Mod Nano blade?

Yes to All.
It is obvious that MindArks intention is to drive players to skill upwards and press for higher dps/cycle rates. It should make sense that the crafted (L) market also represents this trend.

Right now the only real feasible way to grind MF is with an UL chip. All the (L) Chips are looted, and while markups are usually reasonable priced, and most the time you will find the flavour of magic you want, there can be shortages sometimes unless you aren't picky about what you use. Crafted chips would be great and would make the profession more popular.

i voted NO to MF armatrix not because i dont like MF (i adoreit) but for the randomness of Armatrix (L) BP and the OVERSUPPLY of chips.
MF chips series 1...8 drop on a regular basis and are sold for skilling purposes already.
introducing ARM MF chips of low level would DESTROY the market as it already happened to Herman, Isis, Castorian drops.
MU for hunters is already low, we dont need to reduce to TT the chip market too (atm they sell BULK at 103% in endless supply)
another thing is regarding level 10+ chips that drop in lesser quantity or Restoration chips.
an Armatrix resto chip would be useful to reduce the actual 800% cost of lower series (series 18+ that require 90 Biotropic are low mu)
so Yes to MF with some caveats.

I love the idea of bigger blades, expecially the knifes to fill the gap with sb90 mayhem at least couple it with level 105 of the other weapons
(i say this from a side perspectivge, can use 50 series so far).
the problem is the cost of crafting that makes the Armatrix series uneffective for daily use. sorry but 140%+ MU on a (L) item
revert on cost to kill of (7.5% of 40% = 3%) so it is like hunting in taxed lands and is feasible just on special markup monsters.

Moreover there are IMBALANCES in bp drop rate... playerbase use laser rifle in the vast majority and it is reflected in the cost of ARM BP
if you look at AH you can see that BP of laser rifle can shot to 10 ped per click for higher series making them per se too dear to be used.

so yes to all the proposal to me but the Rebalancing team must consider to do the things very careful or we have a failster upgrade.

I relisted a LC-100 (L) 4 times in a row now, the demand is very low. Anyone who crafts the armatrix 90+ know's how hard it is to sell them. I don't see how releasing higher ones is needed if the current "maximum" armatrixes don't sell.

It seems to me like most level 100+ players have their weapons sorted, demand is simply too low if you ask me.

I relisted a LC-100 (L) 4 times in a row now, the demand is very low. Anyone who crafts the armatrix 90+ know's how hard it is to sell them. I don't see how releasing higher ones is needed if the current "maximum" armatrixes don't sell.

It seems to me like most level 100+ players have their weapons sorted, demand is simply too low if you ask me.
LC-100 is low level loot 1.0 weapon with poor efficiency, there are slightly more expensive armatrix counterparts that people tend to prefer better.
I craft 90+ armatrix, I sell them on pre-order or use them myself, especially level 105 pistols, those have cheap blueprints and don't require extremely expensive mined resources to click them . If you ask all armatrix crafters if they sell more 90+ weapons in private trades (bulk sales) or in auction/shops, they will tell you its private trades for these. Now, would a person that buys 105 weapon, would he buy 110 or 135 if he could? Look at the end of the day, if they put these in game, they wont be extremely popular, but there will be people using them. Also, does it hurt that we have these options? or does a level 180 or level 250, still has to use level 100 weapons, Or simply cuz he is level 180, he has to have unlimited weapons?

i voted NO to MF armatrix not because i dont like MF (i adoreit) but for the randomness of Armatrix (L) BP and the OVERSUPPLY of chips.
MF chips series 1...8 drop on a regular basis and are sold for skilling purposes already.
introducing ARM MF chips of low level would DESTROY the market as it already happened to Herman, Isis, Castorian drops.
MU for hunters is already low, we dont need to reduce to TT the chip market too (atm they sell BULK at 103% in endless supply)
another thing is regarding level 10+ chips that drop in lesser quantity or Restoration chips.
There are no loot 2.0 Limited MF chips! What you are talking about is ancient history. Poor efficiency, low level mindforce chips. nothing really above level 50ish, yet the UL MF chips are high level, how do we skill up to them? Sure we can use old unlimited chips with poor eff and dps, but an option to have better chips in loot or crafted, would be awesome.
As for restoration chips - this thread was about weapons. However, I think resto part is sorted! people are skilling up to higher level restos, which actually means that they are becoming more expensive as demand grows. You are just gonna have to outskill those expensive ones. Meanwhile its good to have MarkUp like that.

Mindforce and Melee in Daily Token trader might be nice as well.
Totally! A rework on what daily token trader offers, would be sweet!

I was just thinking about making this suggestion yesterday, been thinking about this for a while actually...

However there is a bit of an issue that with current setup, Gizmos only go up to 8, and then they recycle into shrap... So we'd need Gizmo 9 (Heart oil), 10 (Brain oil) and 11 (??? oil) or some other means of fishing for these new BPs.

Also, while we're at it, MA should release AP-72 armor plate BPs, it wouldn't hurt, I think there would be a market for them, especially for the Survival and Defense Mayhems.

Limited Rifles/Handguns seem inevitable in the future - either through armatrix or through more content like RDI.

Melee comment is interesting to me given the route I took when I started... I ran the numbers on using Archon vs armatrix to skill for the A&P LB-50 (now LB-40), conversely I looked at not getting the LB-50 and looked at the cost of using armatrix blades until 80 and then renting Reaper's (back when it was 200k collateral - yikes in retrospect).

I'm way past this skill point now but for fun I did look at the amount of markup money you would throw away by using limited armatrix until unlocking nano blade... rofl... that is a ton of money to throw away even if you are starting from 100. Do people actually play like this with a goal like this in mind? No sarcasm - genuinely interested 🤔 Seems to me like people would be pissed when they get an armatrix melee blueprint in loot instead of rifle/handgun.

In regards to MF, it seems unlikely they balance the high-end chips to be rewarding, put Cryo/Pyro/Electro in tier 2 codex even though they are 50% of the skill tree, then give away those skills in the daily vendor or armatrix blueprints, but I'll take it, sure :D

My interpretation has been that melee and mf have a generally shit start, are expensive and intended to cost you money, intended to make you suffer and then reward you with good options at the end with valuable skills along the way. They did just add claws and maces that do not consume ammo so I assume this trend will continue.

If they wanted to homogenize the value of skills and eliminate all opportunity cost then it seems like they would've just converted all melee weapons to ammo consumption instead of creating new weapons that use ammo - and create mindforce blueprints at the same time.

Not sure if I'd be happy to be wrong though - I'll gladly pump some mf skills with daily tokens... but not overly excited about the idea of skill value being equalized across the board given current balance choices.

Genuinely curious about the limited weapon usage though - are there really people that intend to buy something like an imk2 (or a nano blade in reference to your comment above) and grind the entire way with armatrix (L)? Explains a lot of things for sure... :cautious:

I think that in order to add craftable Armatrix chips they would need to remove the ones that currently drop as hunting loot, because otherwise nobody is going to buy the crafted counterparts which are not gonna cost 105%, but rather 115% and more. Low to midlevel Armatrix is mostly about rifles, just check the cost of the BPs, and yes, melee Armatrix BPs are almost TT food (low to midlevel at least), barely anyone clicks them because they're relatively expensive and demand for end product is too low. Adding crafted MF chips will dilute the market even further if they're not removed from loot, idk how they can balance that if they were to go for it, there's just not enough players buying that stuff.

Higher level Armatrix ranged weapons is a good idea I think, but they need to have even better efficiency in order for people to use them.

I'm still waiting for the TOOL line!!

BUMP for [ArMatrix LB-95 (L)]

I'm still waiting for the TOOL line!!
There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away.

Is this the kind of line from TOOL, you wanted? ;)

For those that dont know TOOL, you can lookup TOOL - Schism

Back