Convention LA 'Warning' Locked acc.

GOOSE

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer but aiming high :)
Ian Goose Macdonald
ISSUE NOW RESOLVED and Marco has responded. Everything relatively happy again :)

Hi guys, i thought i`d give you all a headsup.

I dont read too much on the forums or on the websites, but i do from time to time so i may have missed this info, but here it is again for people that may just save themselves.

I had travelled to the LA with the entropia universe contestants on to take a look, and see 2 guys, 07-08 battling in ful suprem and Foerippers.

07 kept getting killed.

I Could tell that obviously this was part of the convention and asumed it was all part of the Fun that must be going on there.
After 7 had been killed again, the next time i said i`d help and went running in to shoot @ 08, however because they were close together, i ended up missing, and yes you guessed it, i killed 07 :(

08 then killed me, and when i revived i said sorry, and i guess i got what i deserved. 08 then said i didnt with a smile :)

BOOM, i`m locked :(

For deliberately ruining a convention event!

I`m sorry, there was no warning on the LA not to shoot, there was no warning or info saying not to shoot. And now my account is temp locked with a warning.

PvP is PvP! If i cant shoot on the LA, make it a event LA and block access, or give a warning!

I was sorry to have shot the guy who was (as i now find out) trying to win a contest. but MA, DONT assume everyone reads all the info you post about the convention. but at least warn us on the LA note that pops up if we shoot in a pvp area, you`ll lock out accounts :(

The LA south of New Switzerland.

Had some great fun there yesterday pking ageinst GC avetar 07 and 08 (08 is Skalman) and David Simmons + random people at the convention.....

Taking from last man standing thread, seems it was ok for him :(

Last edited:
MA's excellent PR machine springs into action once more. :rolleyes:

I am gutted is all i can say :(

I never used to like being told off as a kid, and i feel i have been told off for something i didnt realise was wrong. I`m sure they would have all been having a good laugh at convention when they said they`d lock my account for me :(

It makes me realise, i have a lot of money i could loose so easily. i`m in luck i suppose, as its a temp ban, i`m not sure for how long. But if i put a foot wrong again, do i loose it all?

thats harsh, no possibilty you will be unlocked after all this convetion stuff is over?

Man, thats just plain wrong. Talk about the punishment not fitting the crime.

MA should sort this as soon as possible.

:mad:

Ii`m in luck i suppose, as its a temp ban, i`m not sure for how long.

I sent a support case saying i felt it was a little unfair with no warning. will have to see what is said, i`m sure i`m in the wrong tho and i`m not going to get around it, and i`m sure my loot will stink(more than normal :D).

Its a shame, it seems pointless trying to get some customer service with all the threads i read. But i will try and get it resolved.

I had a email from them,

Dear Entropia Universe Participant,

Your account has been temporarliy banned since you have deliberately ruined an event at the Leipzig convention. Please consider this a warning.

Regards,
Entropia Support

I sent a support case saying i felt it was a little unfair with no warning. will have to see what is said, i`m sure i`m in the wrong tho and i`m not going to get around it, and i`m sure my loot will stink(more than normal :D).

Its a shame, it seems pointless trying to get some customer service with all the threads i read. But i will try and get it resolved.

I had a email from them,

The email should be enough of a telling-off. Locking your account is way over the top.

I dont understand it either, no foul language or anything like that?

Just shot him?

Seems rather childish :scratch2:

I dont know all the facts but still :scratch2:

Talk about the punishment not fitting the crime.

but what was the crime? interacting with other avatars in EU? last time we saw somthing similar, with the introduction of the grenade weapons, interaction and participation was encouraged.

This is really unbelievable. Are you sure that's the only reason for the lock? If so I really look forward MA explanation and (if appropriate) apologies.

BBB

but what was the crime? interacting with other avatars in EU? last time we saw somthing similar, with the introduction of the grenade weapons, interaction and participation was encouraged.

That was my point.

No language, just shot and killed 07 (the new guy) ment to aim for 08 (skalman i believe) but that is not provable so i accept that i shot and killed 07!

Skalman killed me, i said i got what i deserved, he said "no you dident:)" (with a E for reference)

I then fapped up 07, and after that i got bugge up, couldnt do anything, logged out and couldnt get back in.

Apart from shooting someone in pvp, i was as polite as i could have been :(

This is really unbelievable. Are you sure that's the only reason for the lock? If so I really look forward MA explanation and (if appropriate) apologies.

BBB

EDIT = I know i too read alot of threads "my account was locked for no reason" (then it turns out there was something) but i will GIVE MY SKILLS AWAY if it is proven i did anything else today in reference to ruining the event, other than killing someone.

110% sure. i killed 07 while he was in combat with 08, and that was that. My record is squeeky clean, no other warnings, no cases about loot sucking or lag, no reason for em to pick me out, apart from i killed 07.

I had another member of SOC with me at the time who i`m sure could back up my use of language or anything else, both in all chat and SOC chat inase they were watching.

You should post your story to a blog or a few MMO sites.

That way, MA could get the rep it deserves.

In fact, I'll make a note on a few blogs.

'MMO gamer gets banned for pking.'

MA should have locked the Land area if they did not want this to happen. MA is absolutely the worst at thinking things through.

C'mon MA where's your spirit. What happend to EU is dynamic. You ruined your own event by allowing PVP to all. Lock yourself out of the office for day instead.
UNLOCK HIM NOW

Thanks for heads up. I'm not about to go PvP on anyone with my taming gear but it's always good to have prior warning just in case.

I hadn't even realised there was a convention event on TBH. Seems very harsh to lock you if they haven't warned people entering the LA.

Winston

If everything is just like you have stated here, I think that a punnishment you got is irrelevant.
You couldn't know about an event and stuff. And how MA states, PVP is PVP, and that's the roolez of the game, that you can kill each other in PVP. To ban you for that is lame. Just some ppl. feel that they are more even then others, that's not good.
You are the customer of MA and you should have rights.

If this is the full story, then just LOL at MA.

I'm sure that this situation eventually will be resolved though, because common sense mostly wins, but I'm amazed, how inflexible and heavy handed MA can be at "crisis management".

As always when such things happen i'd very much like to hear an official statement from MA because if this is the real story it's kinda lame and they should apologize to you imho.

thumbs down MA, a warning would have been sufficient if anything

If someone was repeatedly trying to interrupt an event, then thats another story, but for a one off action...

poor form

And the fun in it is .............. that people still wonder that people R childish, INCLUDING MA......... lol u guys made me laugh..... ///// PE = PR without PR like getting the sheeps in there IS no PE.

lol

I hear Goose is now unlocked - the lock only lasted a short time. phew!

When this happened I got a phonecall from him and as you can understand the shock was obvious in his voice. He didnt do anything other than what he has already said - he isnt the type to ruin any event with intention.

Please MA, you cant break rules if nobody knows they exist so please in future let us people know what we can and cant do when something differant is happening. As for an instant account lock (be it for a short period of time) - this is not the right way to handle what is obviously an innocent mistake of breaking rules that nobody even knows about.

See you ingame later Goose.

Tekkie.

That's the most stupid thing I've seen lately. I only hope next time perhaps Mindark will give prior warning before they lock people without reason. :rolleyes:

As in "Don't do that again Goose, you have been warned and next time we will lock your account."

Just typical :handjob:

Edit:
I hear Goose is now unlocked - the lock only lasted a short time. phew!

That's good, and I didn't expect it to last very long. However I'm still pissed off at the treatment they give their participants.

ahh MindArk u did a lame thing, well thats good that u got banned just "for some time" they coulded do a warning before locking acc:mad:And if there was no info about not to kill Entropia convention ava's this is really LAME :rolleyes:

I`m sure they would have all been having a good laugh at convention when they said they`d lock my account for me :(

Actually, rather than laughing, they were probably having to deal with an angry visitor to the stand. The person in control of the avatar had probably been standing in line for a while for a chance to win the 1,000 PED prize and would have been quite annoyed at having their chance ruined by some third party. Even if MA had given the player another chance, you would have also p***ed off everyone else waiting in line for their turn as they would then have to wait longer.

While it is a harsh punishment to dish out, the decision was probably taken partly to calm the visitors down. Telling them that the person that had messed up the event they had been waiting for would receive an immediate lock would have done wonders to cool things down.

I wonder what the reaction at the games conference would have been if MA did nothing and let you carry on your way with just an apology to the player and the rest of those in line? Certainly it wouldn't be the reaction MA had hoped for when setting up the stand.

It doesn't help you much, but it was probably the right decision from MA's PR perspective. Hopefully you will be unlocked fairly soon. ;)

man that was shite.

well atleast you'll probs be unlocked tomorow or summut

Hmm am i really the only one that thinks it was apropiate to lock him for a while ? i mean im as willing as the next guy to bash MA when apropiate but if you find yourself in the park and some big guys are playing basket and you then decide to go in take the ball and have a shot then chances are your gonna get more then harsh words ?

Yeper guys, Lock lifted, very quick. But no word from MA yet.

I`ll keep you posted

While i see both sides. if i had been asked to leave i would have done instantly. the PR seems a little geared up for getting people in, and not for keeping people in. thats the way it feels anyway. I`m not a MA basher, i never have and never will. If they had to ban me there and then temp to calm people down thats cool, but why give me the cut and paste email that every scammer, cheat and abusive player gets?
I supoese when i spend what i do, i expect a more personalized service, which i supose is my fault for doing so :(

The event area was noted as an event area and is blocked from non-ticket-holder. Only Convention avatars have tickets, else I guess the area would be full of curious avatars. Info about what was going on was present inside Entropia, as standard with events. You somehow managed to get into the area in the small time window between event timers (the four hour intervalls) which was an unfortunate, and unexpected, situation.

I apologize for the action, the punishment is way too harsh considering the circumstances. An ample warning and a possible TP out of the area would have been the better way. But it was a quick reaction to resolve a situation, but in afterthought a rough one.

Back