Info: Correction Equipment Methodology Skill Influence

Aeolus

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Alexander Aeolus Black
Hello.

It seemed that the correctness of the effects of skills in the profession in the entropiawiki.com was maximally correct and tested. Especially in ancient professions. So it was. For 6 years of the game, I did not stumbled on errors in this section.
But the other day I noticed that the effect of the skill Equipment Methodology is incorrect. Instead of the 5% indicated there, the influence is 6% for all three involved professions (Metal Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Mechanical Engineer).
Since the total effects should be 100%, it means that some other skills also indicates inaccurate influence. It can only be a skill Industrialist, since the remaining skills are correct.
Industrialist is not open on me, so I can't check it out. If someone has a desire and the ability to check, please inform In this topic.

I have already corrected information in the entropiawiki.com, and indicated that the influence of industrialist is not verified.

I do not know if it is important for someone, but I decided to inform.
Alexander.

Thank you for the information mate. I am working on getting Industrialist myself so I can't help test it out yet.

Cheers

indeed, with 5% and 5% in eq meth and ind I am getting 67.3396 calculation, while game shows 67.3973
if adapting to 6% and 4%, calculation becomes 67.3969

I’ve not scrutinized this but chipping optimizer has always given me corrct info!

index.php

looks like 5% works fine?

That is my reference for skill effects…

Last edited:
its the same issue there as well, 5% and 5% is not the best good match for these profstandings, i have contacted jdegre to check this out
looks like 5% works fine?
That is my reference for skill effects…

its the same issue there as well, 5% and 5% is not the best good match for these profstandings, i have contacted jdegre to check this out
Cool, he is very good at the math of all this so hard to think he got it wrong. 😜

thanks a lot, everyone, for the new info. i had missed this tread entirely (i have now seen that Smilgs sent me an email to draw my attention to this thread, but I also missed it :cry: it must have come during times of super heavy work load IRL).

I have updated the tools to reflect the new %'s in those professions.

@jak: thanks for your trust on my math abilities :p but unfortunately the maths are not so important here; what we really need is data, and (back then) there were not much data from avatars with those skills unlocked and with a high enough level to tell the difference between +-1% influence.

Back