zaabax

Young
Society
freelancer
Hey!

My 1st dicovery, and its not bad.
2013-01-30_--_corrosive_attack_nanochip_x_0_ped.jpg

canx.jpg

It will be on auction till Saturday (09.02.2012) 20:00CET (GMT+1)
Strat bid TT+ 0ped
No buyout

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=Corrosive_Attack_Nanochip_X_(L)
Its L but Dps same 61.8dmg/sec.

GL and let the biggest bidder win!

Roberts

Last edited:
Gratz on discovery ;).

I do not like how people tend to put dps in some "old school" way though (max_dmg * attacks / 60). It should be based on effective damage not maxed damage.

Falagor
:bandit:

noted the Perception gain before the Global...definitely a correlation!

noted the Perception gain before the Global...definitely a correlation!

I doubt it; I get Perception gains all the time and rarely does a global or better-than-normal loot correlate with the gain. A long time ago I believed that theory but it's simply not true.

In addition, even if there *was* a correlation, it's not like it would help you in any way because you aren't the one making the Perception gain message appear; you have no control over when that green text appears.

Its L but Dps same 61.8dmg/sec.

Congratz on the chip! But the actual dps is nowhere near the dps you mention really. There exists only effective dps and nothing else.

I'd say (35+70)/2 * 53/60 * 0.9 ~ 41.7 dps but according to entropedia 43.0 dps is the stat.

Reactions: SHY
I doubt it; I get Perception gains all the time and rarely does a global or better-than-normal loot correlate with the gain. A long time ago I believed that theory but it's simply not true.

In addition, even if there *was* a correlation, it's not like it would help you in any way because you aren't the one making the Perception gain message appear; you have no control over when that green text appears.

Sorry to disagree but most of my globals are preceded by one (or more) Perception gains...

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. What drugs are you on? Its not a question of whether or not I have control over when messages (green or otherwise) appear. All I`m saying is that Perception gains and higher loot instances correlate. When I see a Perception gain in hunting, crafting or mining, I continue to do what I`m doing and within a minute or two (usually less than that), I notice a better return than normal. Better yet with multiple Perception gains and less than with none. It may be different for you--accepted---but this works for me.

`nuff said.

Oh, and gratz to the OP for the loot! Nice one (Perception gain and all ;) )

Sorry to disagree but most of my globals are preceded by one (or more) Perception gains...

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. What drugs are you on? Its not a question of whether or not I have control over when messages (green or otherwise) appear. All I`m saying is that Perception gains and higher loot instances correlate. When I see a Perception gain in hunting, crafting or mining, I continue to do what I`m doing and within a minute or two (usually less than that), I notice a better return than normal. Better yet with multiple Perception gains and less than with none. It may be different for you--accepted---but this works for me.

`nuff said.

Oh, and gratz to the OP for the loot! Nice one (Perception gain and all ;) )

Wow i had no idea people still believed in the perception theory lol.

Rgds

Ace

PS Gratz!!

Last edited:
Gz, nice discovery :)

If perception gain has any affect on loot, then Mindforce loot must be calculated differently since Mindforce doesn't give perception...? :rolleyes:

I used to not believe in the perception thing. But then I looked back at my first and bigest hof and there it was! The perception gain skill just before the hof. (see my signature):eyecrazy:

I used to not believe in the perception thing. But then I looked back at my first and bigest hof and there it was! The perception gain skill just before the hof. (see my signature):eyecrazy:

Coincidental. I have screenshots of nearly every global & HOF I had, and I see a LOT of different skill increases prior to the good loot. And just going through a few of them now, very few had a Perception skill increase. People sometimes make faulty correlations based on what happened at a significant, memorable moment moreso than the far more frequent, less memorable ones. Well-known psychological phenomenon. :)

Its L but Dps same 61.8dmg/sec

How come it doesn't show an L in the global, screenshot, or info?
Is it one is those bugged items?

How come it doesn't show an L in the global, screenshot, or info?
Is it one is those bugged items?

I think he means the entropedia link goes to the (L) weapon in Entropedia, but that the stats are the same.

Gratz on discovery ;).

I do not like how people tend to put dps in some "old school" way though (max_dmg * attacks / 60). It should be based on effective damage not maxed damage.

Falagor
:bandit:

And why not make your own calculations with your own "assumed" effective damage

Congratz on the chip! But the actual dps is nowhere near the dps you mention really. There exists only effective dps and nothing else.

I'd say (35+70)/2 * 53/60 * 0.9 ~ 41.7 dps but according to entropedia 43.0 dps is the stat.

Maybe true
But how to be sure.

The stats the thread started mentioned are just references.

If you fail to understand that such references depend on many factors when the item is actually used ...

Therefore I prefer the stats that I can trust for sure

meaning what can be documented without doubt

and not be fooled or having the time to check what reference base test were made to get such conclusions (usually they are wrong).

Last edited:
Coincidental. I have screenshots of nearly every global & HOF I had, and I see a LOT of different skill increases prior to the good loot. And just going through a few of them now, very few had a Perception skill increase. People sometimes make faulty correlations based on what happened at a significant, memorable moment moreso than the far more frequent, less memorable ones. Well-known psychological phenomenon. :)

My thoughts about that:
maybe not coincidental but even if it was just correlation such knowledge still might had some value

I never believed and still don't about the perception skill to be directly related to better loots

Bigger bidder win? I have screenshot of you saying that you will use other avatar to bid this item up if it should end below 4k peds.

LOL I told you so :)
two avatars bidding on it, both unknown for most players(one has global in 2008 and other totally stranger)
And wow price is upto 4k :D Names of avatars are James Silk Dean and Rino m1g Log

Very interesting, price has just been pushed to above 4k peds, last 2 bidders is James Silk Dean and Rino M1g Log.
I checked player register and op was not online at first when those 2 were bidding, Rino M1g Log is still online but the other avatar went offline and op just came online....

Bigger bidder win? I have screenshot of you saying that you will use other avatar to bid this item up if it should end below 4k peds.

James Silk Dean did win the auction with 1 ped higher bid than previous bid from Rino M1g Log

Very interesting, price has just been pushed to above 4k peds, last 2 bidders is James Silk Dean and Rino M1g Log.
I checked player register and op was not online at first when those 2 were bidding, Rino M1g Log is still online but the other avatar went offline and op just came online....

I sent support case about it to mindark about market manipulation i hope some kind of actions are taken. I think they can see the logs to prove it was pure market manipulation(which is against the EULA)

I was thinking of depsoiting and bidding on this chip but after i saw your post erlier in the thread i decided to stay away from it, thanks for the warning.

I sent support case about it to mindark about market manipulation i hope some kind of actions are taken. I think they can see the logs to prove it was pure market manipulation(which is against the EULA)

yeah very obvious lol.

funky auction for sure.

price went from 1207ped to 2208ped (bidder was the team mate of the OP at the time of the discovery)

attachment.php

and from 2711ped to 4000ped (bidder was that guy with one global on tracker)

attachment.php

:laugh:

nobody with serious intention to buy this chip would place bids like that really.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was pure market manipulation, i followed this auction today and it was crazzy lol

I hope MA will do something

1 bidder did never do any global on Entropia
Second one did only one global

LOL guys, I was slightly surprised when I heard it sold for 4201 ped, now all is clear.

I know of at least 4 Mindforcers that were keen on that chip and were prepared to put in serious bids (including myself), all of them told me it went WAY over their estimate.

Sure it's a lovely chip, but 4K+...lol.

Problem is the L are so plentiful and low MU, it doesn't command big prices. Plus the unlimited generally use more SME.

Good luck with selling it. Or why not "skill it". It's decent little chip.

Rick

Problem is the L are so plentiful and low MU, it doesn't command big prices. Plus the unlimited generally use more SME.

Yup, the unlimited chip has lower eco and markup barely affects the eco of the (L) chip so dunno why this would be worth even close to this much :laugh:

Ammo on unlimited version is 1591 and durability is good
Ammo on L version is 1632 and durability is Excellent

The UL version has higher decay but lower ammo use, would be nice to know the exact diffrence in decay also....

They guy who bought it obviously wanted so badly he would pay anything for it. He will soon come to realise that he wont get that price if he tries to sell it.
Even I as one of EUs well known overpayers was only considering around 2k for this chip, then I saw that crazy guy doing his thing. He will learn the hard way when i comes time to sell.

Why don't you just set SB to 4k? You pay the fees anyways

<< deleted >>

Last edited:
Coincidental. I have screenshots of nearly every global & HOF I had, and I see a LOT of different skill increases prior to the good loot. And just going through a few of them now, very few had a Perception skill increase.

Just went through 200+ screenshots of globals, many of which are preceded by a skillgain message (or several), only five of those are perception though. Of these five, only one was more than 82 peds, and none contained any special items, just the usual TT-food.

Totally agree: Correlation does not imply causation :)

anyone seen any tier hofs with this chip yet?

Or is it sadly collecting dust in storage?

Thanks

Rich.

Back