corrosive nano VII (UL)

hi nonaware.

I'll try and be fair and justify my price. 1K sounds about right, maybe worth bit more, possibly 1500 peds tops.

Lots of people compare chips with guns when looking to value them, I'm not saying this is wrong, in many ways it's a good approach to adopt and would seem sensible to view it like that.

However you do need to consider the amount of people that 'want' to use these chips or MF in general, or have the skills to use them. That's where I think you hit a brick wall, and the price of chips sadly reflects that.

I think the issue is more lack of skill, than usefulness to players.

The highest price paid for a corrosive chip was 6K I think for the X unlimited, I was surprised that price was paid, and it was a clever bit of sales tactic that made it sell for that price. I would've paid 5K max.

From a personal point of view at high level, all the chips are under-powered. So once you max a chip you're always looking to move up. So at high levels the only unlimited chips with real value are the XI (sometimes the X).

Combustive chips that have both range and power, "should" sell for the best prices over any of the other nanochips.

The other thing is nanochips damaged the market value of many First gen chips, so those that hold those chips either continue to use them (as they have great range), or they are put off from investing in the new nanochips due to risk on price drops.

I like corrosive chips, even though close range. You need an X+ though to take on decent size mobs, such as Rex or aurlis and kreltins, so any corr chip under that power I think is going to struggle to reach a good price. Let alone skill requirement.

I think you should keep it, and try and skill to the level to make it useful to you. It's a good backup weapon and can do quite a few low level missions.

Players though in EU never cease to amaze me on the prices they are prepared to pay, that doesn't make them wrong (I could well be wrong on my views), so good luck if intending to sell it.

The biggest threat to unlimited prices though is the supply on limited chips at very low MU, so the unlimited market I think is more aimed at those that really love the profession.

Rick

thanks for the input i thought it was a good price.

its a very useful chip for me even though it is under my skills but... there are lots of things that i can hunt with it and even at lvl 38pyro i am still seeing nice movement skill wise after a 2-300ped hunt.

on a side note... since i have started using this chip the number of globals i have seen has skyrocketed ;) i dont want to turn this in to a loot theroy thread but it seems that the extra decay does help trigger some. or perhaps i was just in a lucky streak.

thanks for the input i thought it was a good price.

its a very useful chip for me even though it is under my skills but... there are lots of things that i can hunt with it and even at lvl 38pyro i am still seeing nice movement skill wise after a 2-300ped hunt.

on a side note... since i have started using this chip the number of globals i have seen has skyrocketed ;) i dont want to turn this in to a loot theroy thread but it seems that the extra decay does help trigger some. or perhaps i was just in a lucky streak.

Probably a mixture of fast ammo turnover, as nanochips burn more ammo as replacement for chip decay, its fast chip, plus close combat taking more damage, then add fast skill gains..... all contributes to decent loot triggers.

I don't recommend using any weapon if not 10/10 hit ability, but if its working for you then nice.

Funny how different professions seem to produce different results at different times. I ran 500 ammo with chips on Phasm last night, one glob. 500 ammo with chips on Rex, one global. 500 ammo with chips with morning on CP...no globals.

Got pissed, bought an LC-60 (L) for more MU than I wanted to pay.....5 odd globals on Prots.

LOL...funny game.

enjoy that corr chip.

Rick

Back