could you please give my weapon back

I see no reason to return a weapon found on the ground.
Why wouldn't you return it?

Because this particular player made an effort to gain the trust of several socs that loan out communal equipment and saw no reason to return those items before turning to a life of piracy.

Because this particular player made an effort to gain the trust of several socs that loan out communal equipment and saw no reason to return those items before turning to a life of piracy.

huh wut?

i've never asked people i dont know for anything. if i did then tell me what did i supposed scam of other people?

the only thing that i want is that the guy who lootet it contacts me so at least i would have a chance of getting it back. i wont bite his head of or something, its not his fault he found the gun.

does it really matter ? i think the person who picked it up knows what gun it is and he can ask me what gun i lost. its not like they're thousands of runs laying around on the ground.

its a gun with enough value to be missed by me.

Yes it matters so they know its yours.

I have dropped several L weapons ( the 1 ped cannons) around caly so people can find and keep.

I will spread the word in game hoping you find your HL8

there is no rule against letting a 6 year old to play , only under 13 to make an account , but play , nope

if it is like AIA assumes with a drop between alts , the player would have placed the alt in the drop place first and this thing would never had happend .

I answer, since I'm adressed: Again, if you let someone use your account, you are accountable for whatever actions that person does. If the kid is sitting in your lap/next to you and you let him shoot a few rounds or fly around with a vehicle or whatever, it's practically fine as long as you're Close enough to press the Big Red if something starts to go wrong.

There are lots of times IRL where there are situations where it feels ok to let a kid do someting under supervision, but it can go terribly bad if the kid does it by himself.

This game assumes everyone has their own avatar and takes responisbility for their actions, (as far as I know) 18 years to create an account "unsupervised" and 13 year with permission. That should Count for something.

Here is a recent article about what can happen if you leave a kid with an app that allows in-game purchases:
http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.527203/gratisspelens-baksida-del-1--den-svindyra-gratisapplikationen
(in Swedish).

If a kid is savvy enough to try to drag the handgun to the body to equip it from the inventory, and doesn't rely on shortcut buttons 1, 2, 3 etc), then the kid probably have played other games where you do so. And then I suppose, games where you don't risk to lose assets with a big IRL Money. From there it's a big step to leave the kid to use an account with assets Worth Money.

(Just as a sidenote to Skam: I Think it was possible at VU8 to actually drop items you were wearing, like armor parts, by dragging them off your body. I guess typically ment to drag them to inventory but it was possilbe to "drop" them that way. You got the warning window though if you really wanted to drop them.)

Another question is, let's say the kid is 12 years old and using the parent's account. The kid starts to run out of the PEDs on the account, and start to semi-scam others. Maybe have learnt enough to start to beg, or even to scam (let's say try the old "upgrade" scam), or start to spam for some facebook page, spread rumous about classmates and such. Who is responsible then - the kid or the account owner letting the kid use the account unsupervised?

But, of course, if someone has dropped someting on the ground by mistake or have given it away by mistake (for instance a fapper who accidently doesn't remove fap from trade window) then returning would probably be the good thing to do. If wanting something back, it wouldn't hurt though giving all details from the start (telling it was a HL8 that was lost rather than "none of your business" sort'a). Someone who wants help from the Community should try to be as helpful to. If you want help from the Community it doesn't hurt to be nice back.

Sorry if I've been a bit harsh, but I know some people in game wants to be nice, and others aim just to fill their PED cards at whatever mean, and in some cases it's necessary to Think if what someone says is reasonable or not. ("If you give your ghost set to me, I'll hand it over to a friend at Noobs-Noobs-Noobs who can upgrade it for you! Just give it to me and i'll come back with it when he's done").

As for alts and account sharing, I live with the handicap it is to only have one avatar, and sometimes other people gets a mess with shared accounts, alts, account trading etc that has gone wong or when it's used to gain advantages like auction slots or scouts, so I don't like it.

Last edited:
that sucks tbh. check in the sweat camp if you can find anything there

i would return it if i found it but why do you let a young person play whit tools that are worth ALOT of money

its going to be a good lesson learn

also i did return 6k ped a few year back to a person that mist bid on my item now i only put bo on hides on item at action

You let your 6 years old kid play this game? That's against the rules. Suck your loss, shut up and keep your kid away in the future.

Dang I am never in the right spot to find nice stuff on the ground :( I seem to always just find piles of shit....

I tell u what, I'll keep an eye out on a HL8 for sale ingame and on forums for a while. But private sales are always possible, best person to ask might be Deth, see if he has been offered an HL8 recently, he seems to have connections around EU. Worth a shot.

I tell u what, I'll keep an eye out on a HL8 for sale ingame and on forums for a while. But private sales are always possible, best person to ask might be Deth, see if he has been offered an HL8 recently, he seems to have connections around EU. Worth a shot.
I just contacted James Bling Cash, which is Deth's associate, if he has been approached by someone with an HL8 looking to sell, and that has not happened in the last 3 days or so, they will both keep an eye out if such a person comes to them for a sale. I do hope you get your weapon back.

You let your 6 years old kid play this game? That's against the rules. Suck your loss, shut up and keep your kid away in the future.

Where did you read that?

Where did you read that?

http://legal.entropiauniverse.com/legal/terms-of-use.xml

1. Age Requirements

If You are under the age of 18 please note -

To qualify as an Entropia Universe Participant, You must be at least 18 years old. If You are not 18 years old but You are at least 13 years old, You may still apply for an Entropia Universe Account, but only with approval of Your parent or guardian.

I even let my cat play , and hes a minor
cat-on-computer.jpeg

does it really matter ? i think the person who picked it up knows what gun it is and he can ask me what gun i lost. its not like they're thousands of runs laying around on the ground.

its a gun with enough value to be missed by me.

I drop guns in Icarus from time to time..

1. Age Requirements

To qualify as an Entropia Universe Participant, You must be at least 18 years old. If You are not 18 years old but You are at least 13 years old, You may still apply for an Entropia Universe Account, but only with approval of Your parent or guardian.

i think a lawyer would say that this statement is the terms for owning or applying for a account. those are after all the words being used.
it does not state that you are not allowed to let children younger than 13 play on the account of someone that is older.
that said, i also dont understand what the point is of people telling someone these things in a thread about loss, it just makes those people look heartless.

i think a lawyer would say that this statement

You can read those lines in Another way: This game is inteded to be used by adults, at least 18 years age (or more). Between age 13 and age 18, minors can play the game if a legal Guardian deems that the Child is mature enough to handle the game unsupervised.

Compare with driving a car: A six year old kid can drive a car when sitting in father's lap. But then the paren't should guard the car key, and not let the six year old kid drive away with the car when there isn't an adult ready to pull the break if car is about to hit something. (And the father shouldn't leave the car with the motor running saying, I need to buy some food feel free to drive around a bit.)

it just makes those people look heartless.

I'm not heartless, I only applied *my* occams razor to what the typical reasons is that a valuable item is dropped in the landscape. In my Eyes a 6 year droping the most valueable item on the ground just felt a bit unlikely for a variety of reasons.

Of cours I got compassion with if someone loses an item uninentionally.

Last edited:
I can see this happening. When working at promotional stands for the game, noobs often tried to equip their avatar by dragging things from the inventory and onto their avatar, resulting in them almost dropping it (had to explain that is not how you do it).

Sorry about your gun, hope you get it back.

Actually, this does look like something many would do. For after all in the olden days you had to move food to your ped; and you have to drag oil to your vehicle.
Why shouldn't you be able to drag armor to your avatar, or any equipment really :confused:

I don't get what everyones beef is with this thread. Yeah letting your 6 year old nephew have access to the game was stupid, but whats the point of hassling him for it? He's just asking for his gun back, offering compensation to boot. What he is not doing is trying to divert blame away from himself and as far as I can see he's not trying to use the forumites empathy to gain anything. So what's the point in the hostility?

We all make mistakes, calm yo tits.

All this bs diatibe about who's fault it is is irrelevant. The fact is that a guy lost something and is offering an award. Period. That is all. Save your draconion thoughts and your "too bad/your fault" piddly-shit brain farts for some other thread.

If I was the one that found it, you would have the gun back.

Very unfortunate indeed, gl with the recovery.

I don't get what everyones beef is with this thread. Yeah letting your 6 year old nephew have access to the game was stupid, but whats the point of hassling him for it? He's just asking for his gun back, offering compensation to boot. What he is not doing is trying to divert blame away from himself and as far as I can see he's not trying to use the forumites empathy to gain anything. So what's the point in the hostility?

We all make mistakes, calm yo tits.

Ahh, but when you stick your feet in a nest of vipers bites are inevitable. :ahh:

1. Age Requirements

Where does it say that your 6 year old cant play on your account?
You need to be over 18 to own one! ( or 13 with bla bla)

Back