CPU usage after recent update

TheRock

Elite
Society
Pain Incoming
TheRock
Hi

Did any notice 2x more CPU usage after yesterdays "hotfix"?

I checked with a friend, and he had same. Anyone else having same?
Tried with safe to high quality mode, and same. Too much resource usage wasted ...
This electricity we have is L, not UL. It got high MU too. Please fix this.

My PC sounds like a vacuum hoover after VU always silent elseways.

less memory usage and more cpu usage

My PC sounds like a vacuum hoover after VU always silent elseways.

At least in winter u can warm up the room. Not bad.
Running your CPU cores at full speed :laugh:

less memory usage and more cpu usage

More cpu? or MUCH more?
I did not pay attention to the RAM part. But the CPU is much more noticeable as mentioned

In the past EU would NEVER use more than 25% of my 4 core CPUs resources (very likely game doesn't know how to use multiple threads properly due to cryengine).

Maybe MA fixed that and now can use multiple cores as I'm now 30%+ utilization but things seem much smoother (less visual lag)

Entropia Universe 17.2.1 Release Notes
Memory usage is now capped at 4 GB for textures, models, animations, particle effects etc. Entropia.exe could still use more than 4 GB total

Somewhat more usage but nothing crazy. The first snapshot I made a week ago when someone complained about EU using 10gb of ram.
i7-5820k, 16gb ram, gtx 2080

cpu_346765.jpg

I'm at 60% CPU (i5-6600K) and 1.4 GB memory use, 40% GPU (RTX 2070 Super) by entropia.exe.

Thanks for the stats guys!

@Svarog, you had 12.9% before and now 22.2% Thats a big jump already.
@Xen, 60% wth? Isn't that much?

Last edited:
I had 2 Toast Helper warnings that my CPU temp reached 76 °C, which was unusual for me. But it has happened before, I just don't remember if it was right after a VU or not.

Since cache is cleared after every VU, it would make sense that there is more resources used for a little while since everything has to be reloaded freshly.

I'll only have a problem with it if it remains constant but today I didn't have any Toast Helper warnings so all good.

Aha! We have proof!! Proof that finaly after all these years!! Proof at last!! Proof they are working on this!! YAY :yay::yay:

If you use AMD graph i found solution that bring back my CPU usage from 90-100% to 45%
.... seems new driver dont process in game settings so you need to set your gpu limits in driver so it dont force your CPU .
Picture below :
KCDYxZk.png

Right click > copy image adress > open in new window (so you can see details on picture).

Lately its noticeable that GPU.s are more powerful than CPU.s .
If you want more frame of course maybe your cpu can take more of very high settings frames .
But my gpu can force up to 300 FPS witch is to much for many processors .
If you feel like you need a bit more frames you can set it to 120 or 150 FPS and disable Vsync because Vsync is capping frames at 60 FPS .

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
If you use AMD graph i found solution that bring back my CPU usage from 90-100% to 45%
.... seems new driver dont process in game settings so you need to set your gpu limits in driver so it dont force your CPU .
Picture below :
KCDYxZk.png

Right click > copy image adress > open in new window (so you can see details on picture).

Lately its noticeable that GPU.s are more powerful than CPU.s .
If you want more frame of course maybe your cpu can take more of very high settings frames .
But my gpu can force up to 300 FPS witch is to much for many processors .
If you feel like you need a bit more frames you can set it to 120 or 150 FPS and disable Vsync because Vsync is capping frames at 60 FPS .

I hope this helps.

I have NVIDIA. I wish they had settings like these.

Probably there are , just browse in your Nvidia driver software (carefully) till you find same settings .

Another solution can be to lower your quality settings in game so it will slightly lift processor usage even if it is 300 FPS , in case you cant find settings in your nvidia driver for what ever reason.

Maybe your GPU will recognize in game option : Wait for Vertical Synchronisation (enable) ( limits frames to 60 FPS ) so you can try that tho .

Last edited:
What i notice here is since last fast quick fix they pushed after last update, the game use one of the cpu cores at 100% no matter what we do, i tried even using half vsync lock at 30 fps, and i still see EU using one of my core at 100% at max clock, while in past it was using 40-50% of the same core without even pushing it to max clock,
I think MA introduced some CPU hog in last fix, let see how many years before we can hope for a fix or maybe enough people burning down their laptot ? :D
Watch your temps people :laugh:

check out nvidia-smi its a commandline tool which which you can read out alot of data, but also set things like the powerlimit

and in general for both AMD and Nvidia GPU´s i like to use Afterburner to set clocks framelimit or readout stats

Back