Crafting Cost

RexDameon

Mentor
Society
Entropia Pioneers
RexDameon Rex Andreosn
So after not hofing after playing a year hunting i decided to bite the bullet and try crafting. I was always getting the impression that "Crafting takes a big investment". But recently found that it didn't you just have to do things kind of boring at first. So the following is what i did and mabey some advice for some new crafters.

First thing i did was think "Ok i need to skill up first" So i started with basic Mechanical BP's. The important thing i think was that i started with a large quantitie because materials for basic filters is not that expensive so if you buy 100 PED worth of it 1. it last a while 2. If you spend a good hour or 2 crafting away you seem to get 80%+ back. 20% loss to skilling i can live with that. So i took my 80% and bought more materials. and kept doing that for a bit until i had an excelent chance with my BP.

Then for fun i started doing Setter Shins. Since i now had some skills this went pretty good with the little bit more expensive materials. So i kept recycling. (btw best part is you dont have to sell the stuff you make just tt it)

So i still havn't hof'd or got anything but a couple BP's. So i figure ok i only got 44 PED left for this month. I'll just put it purely into skilling so i bought 44 ped in materials to make basic servo's and just crafted it all away. I got to little mini's of 2k stacks of servo's worth 28 and 32 ped. Now i've got 99 ped of melchi and lyst to do 1080 rounds more.

I think the key is when your just starting do the boring stuff and do lots of it dont worry about making a sellable product just get your skills up and hopefully it wont cost you much if at all as long as you do BIG runs of stuff.

Crafting I think is a little better now with components since theres higher stacks.. before there were only 1k stacks and they were insanely rare :S

Back